The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

The more I think about The Gentlemen the better I liked it. Set up for a good second season at the very least!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

This is a niche one... and not really a recommendation as such unless you're a x-men nerd like i am but when i was a kid, i used to love watching the X-men annimated series in the mornings before school. I have great memories of sitting around with my Dad and watching it together.
New animated X-Men 97 series just released it's first two eps on Disney, it picks up immediately from where the series left off. My kids and i watched the old series together via Disney a few years ago, and last night i got to sit with them and watch the eps with them. Was really cool to have it come full circle now.

As for the series itself... i really liked it, but it has to be REALLLY bad for me to dislike anything X-Men. So if you love that **** like i do, give a whirl :lol:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’m dying to watch X-Men 97. It was my gateway to the X-Men story thanks to Cheez TV.

I’m planning to bank them up and potentially use them as my FuiBub feeding / burping show
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

FuiFui BradBrad wrote: March 21, 2024, 2:44 pm I’m dying to watch X-Men 97. It was my gateway to the X-Men story thanks to Cheez TV.

I’m planning to bank them up and potentially use them as my FuiBub feeding / burping show
I feel very confident in saying you'll enjoy it!
Really hits the nostalgia button
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Botman wrote:
FuiFui BradBrad wrote: March 21, 2024, 2:44 pm I’m dying to watch X-Men 97. It was my gateway to the X-Men story thanks to Cheez TV.

I feel very confident in saying you'll enjoy it!
Really hits the nostalgia button
Yeah nice, I didn’t realise the OG series was on Disney + either, so I’ll add them to the burping list
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Been binging the **** out of 3 Body Problem, a new netflix film based on the chinese novel
I really like it. It's got a pretty good cast and its a really interesting story
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

First book has been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get to it. Planning to read the trilogy first
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: March 25, 2024, 7:07 pm First book has been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get to it. Planning to read the trilogy first
I kind of did this with Game of Thrones... i started watching the show, binged the first 4 seasons in about a month and then immediately speed read all the available books

After binging the first season in a few days, hot on my June birthday list will be the trilogy of books, which ill aim to read before season 2 comes :lol:
Very cool story and interesting stuff
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m really enjoying Mr Bates v the Post Office. An excellent British dramatised true story on 7 plus. Reminds me of Robodebt.

The streaming service plethora of adverts are ridiculous however.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Wife and i finished off watching Baby Reindeer last night on Netflix, its a quick binge! We got through it in a few nights. 7 eps of about 30 minutes each.
We both really enjoyed it. Excellent writing and acting. Particularly the women who played Martha, she was awesome.

Very popular binge at the moment but very much worth your time for a pretty small time investment.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Botman wrote:Wife and i finished off watching Baby Reindeer last night on Netflix, its a quick binge! We got through it in a few nights. 7 eps of about 30 minutes each.
We both really enjoyed it. Excellent writing and acting. Particularly the women who played Martha, she was awesome.

Very popular binge at the moment but very much worth your time for a pretty small time investment.
Been close to starting this recently but have been burnt by some overhyped shows in the past (Beef I’m looking at you!).

Might have to give it a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Rick wrote: May 3, 2024, 10:25 am
Botman wrote:Wife and i finished off watching Baby Reindeer last night on Netflix, its a quick binge! We got through it in a few nights. 7 eps of about 30 minutes each.

Been close to starting this recently but have been burnt by some overhyped shows in the past (Beef I’m looking at you!).

Might have to give it a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It starts a little slow, i spent the first 2-3 eps not sure what it was trying to do and had some pretty dark moments particularly a real mid season WOW gut punch, but worth watching. :thumbsup