2008 Golden Boogs - Official Nominations - Voting

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Kermit
John Ferguson

Re: 2008 Golden Boogs - Awards Nominees - Vote Now

Post by Kermit »

Whats the McLinden award???? :hmmm

Not sure if Kermit wants it! ha
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

lol at sterlk: you know you're in trouble when even david90210 rips into you!
Ecz
Brett Mullins

Post by Ecz »

Buc Nasty wrote:
Shezza wrote:I feel the urge to hijack the poll and get merkin the win in the big one ... you know what happened the the last beneficiary of a poll hijack ------> goooooooone. :D

On a serious note - if Sterylk or however you spell it is the newbie of the year - this forum's future is in bad hands
As one of the other nominees for newcomer of the year I have to say I agree.

Can anyone seriously recall anything of note posted by Sterlk? Or recall his presence at the games in the charge for the finals?

I think GCR summed up the GH career of Sterlk up to this point most succinctly over in the infamous 'Are you gay?' thread...
GCR wrote: Um, and who are you :?
OHHH cyber ripped!

that is my que to go!
TORRENS TIGERS...2009 GH PREMIERSHIP
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

Canberra Milk wrote:lol at sterlk: you know you're in trouble when even david90210 rips into you!
lol, you've gotta agree with me but
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

david231280 wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:lol at sterlk: you know you're in trouble when even david90210 rips into you!
lol, you've gotta agree with me but
:lol: im with ya...i didnt wanna cause a stink when i was new here...

nows a different story :D
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Alright, first off; if you don't like me or don't want to hear what I have to say, nobody's forcing you to. This forum, like almost every other forum in existence, allows you to ignore members... User Control Panel --> Friends and Foes --> Manage Foes , it's that simple.
Buc Nasty wrote:
Shezza wrote:On a serious note - if Sterylk or however you spell it is the newbie of the year - this forum's future is in bad hands
As one of the other nominees for newcomer of the year I have to say I agree.

Can anyone seriously recall anything of note posted by Sterlk? Or recall his presence at the games in the charge for the finals?
It takes more than one vote to get shortlisted in the final 3, if you can't remember anything of note posted by me maybe you should have a little chat with the other people that nominated me and see why they did. I'd never taken notice of you before the noms thread, but that doesn't mean you've never posted anything good.

... and even if I went through every single one of my posts and didn't find anything worth remembering, who cares? I'm here to blow time and have some fun, and that's exactly what I do.

As for being at the games, just because I don't sit in bay 72 doesn't mean I'm not there... I'm there in my own seat, every game. Even if I didn't attend games, in the context of the Boogs it shouldn't even matter. Most of the Boogs are for forum activities, the RABYs are for the face to face stuff.

Its painfully obvious that you don't like me and can't resist an opportunity to take a jab at me, if you can't stand me then "Foe" me and it won't be a problem anymore.
david231280 wrote:Who the f**k does Sterlk think he is to just come on a few months ago and just decide to mess with what has already been created.

Maybe he wants to the platinum tongue so he can have some individual fun.

If i was up against him at most Boring Poster i'd be a bit scared
I know full well that my suggestions are almost definitely going to be knocked back, most of them, such as the 'Platinum Tongues', aren't even serious suggestions anyway.

In the example of the award names here; somebody made reference to a name change, the 'Platinum Tongues' popped into my head and I said it. The fact that I defended my idea doesn't mean that I seriously expected anybody to do anything about it, nor does it mean I seriously wanted a name change, I was just defending the idea on its own merits because I thought it was a cool idea, I knew full well that it was never going to be called the 'Platinum Tongues'.

Its a surefire bet that if anything I post has a :lol: anywhere in it at any point, the entire idea relating to that lol emoticon was all a joke.

As for myself being the most boring poster, I hardly think that's even remotely close to being true... just look at the controversy I seem to have created. :cool:
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Dude, I'm merely responding to your posts over the last week, not your entire existence on the GH forum. Think about it.
#BoneMcCrone
Rick James
Jason Croker

Post by Rick James »

:lol: :lol:

Sterlk... Stop biting and they'll stop fishing dude
Canberra Raiders Fan since 1984
Gold Member #3939 since 2006
2009 Golden Boogs MIA Award Winner
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Rick James wrote::lol: :lol:

Sterlk... Stop biting and they'll stop fishing dude
It's my hope that I can pull the rod into the river.

:lol:
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Sterlk - shut up. You are not doing yourself any favours... :nooo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why doesn't everyone just cool down a bit... this is supposed to be fun. :)
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

In relation to one of Sterlk's points - I must confess for a non-RA participant the GH often feels like the Raiders Army forum these days. So yeah it's more cliquey, but that was bound to happen I suppose.

I presume that the RA has sustained serious growth over the last year or so courtesy of the GH? That's a very good thing if so, especially for away support for the team.

But do keep in mind that there are plenty of forumers who aren't members of the RA that do prefer to attend the games with their families and/or non GH friends.

And some of us stuck on the other side of the world not even able to do that anymore...doesn't mean we love our team any less.

The Boogs are a forum thing, for everyone, and they're supposed to be fun, so everyone stop taking them so damned seriously! :D
Last edited by -LG- on October 1, 2008, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick James
Jason Croker

Post by Rick James »

Canberra Raiders Fan since 1984
Gold Member #3939 since 2006
2009 Golden Boogs MIA Award Winner
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Mmmm...bitchy. The man in charge is to blame. Attitude reflects leadership...

A vote of no confidence for Mikey! :evil:
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

Lurch wrote:Mmmm...bitchy. The man in charge is to blame. Attitude reflects leadership...

A vote of no confidence for Mikey! :evil:
To the contrary, Mr Policeman.

There is an unprecedented level and passion and determination this year from everyone involved to have their name read out for the award they are nominated for. It's fantastic!

So if that's the attitude that I've instilled on these awards, the Boogs will be better off and ensure its successful continuation for many years to come.

Oh... and your a ****-**** head.
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

mike83au wrote: Oh... and your a ****-**** head.
:hmmm Touche. You win.

At this stage I'm not sure whether I'll make an appearance. I've had a hard time after last year's boogs. So many stalkers. So many sexual advances. I just can't bare to go through it all again.

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Good Grief , why are people so Unkind..BITCHES!!!!
This place is woke.
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

Lurch wrote:
mike83au wrote: Oh... and your a ****-**** head.
:hmmm Touche. You win.

At this stage I'm not sure whether I'll make an appearance. I've had a hard time after last year's boogs. So many stalkers. So many sexual advances. I just can't bare to go through it all again.

You'll be there :) You're red carpet entrances are infamous! And you're after party trickeries are nasty.... you'll be there!
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

Mikey just gotta say you are doing an awesome job as this years host :clap:

As the host for the last 2 boogs awards i can see they are in safe hands with you.

Can't wait to be in attendance for the ceremony itself, also there are rumours swirling around that GE is gonna open the show with a rendition of Simply the Best, can you confirm or deny these rumours?
2005 Golden Boogs Newbie Award Winner
2006 Finites Caption Contest Winner
2006 Golden Boogs Most Improved Poster
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

valiant_raider wrote:Can't wait to be in attendance for the ceremony itself, also there are rumours swirling around that GE is gonna open the show with a rendition of Simply the Best, can you confirm or deny these rumours?
Nothing gets past you, Val.

In fact, the recording has already taken place. We were going to pass it off as a live performance on the night of the Boogs - ala Beijing Opening Ceremony style.

His costume design left a bit to be desired, however... he got a bit confused and came out dressed like Cher, instead of Tina Turner.

Here's a sneak peak during the pre-recording

Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Lime Green wrote:
But do keep in mind that there are plenty of forumers who aren't members of the RA that do prefer to attend the games with their families and/or non GH friends.

And some of us stuck on the other side of the world not even able to do that anymore...doesn't mean we love our team any less.
We know that and are totally cool with it :) We always encourage people to join us and even hold stuff like free BBQ's to try break down the misconception that we are some super exclusive group :) Stuff like this and putting our shirts online for anyone to buy has helped show people we are the furthest thing from exclusive there is. But at the same time we understand that our type of group won't be everyones cup off tea. :)

Sorry if you get the impression that this is our forum, we are certainly not trying to take it over, even if we wanted too we don't have the resources as everyone is too busy trying to infiltrate and take over operations at Raiders HQ :P

Anyway the b00gs are just a laugh, I mean how can an awards ceremony have any credibility when I'm nominated for Admin of the year :lol:
-LG-
Steve Walters

Post by -LG- »

Sorry if you get the impression that this is our forum, we are certainly not trying to take it over, even if we wanted too we don't have the resources as everyone is too busy trying to infiltrate and take over operations at Raiders HQ

Mate, no offense intended towards the RA. I think you do a great job, and I'm really pleased that we have a bunch of supporters as loud and proud as you are that follow the team come whatever.

I was just reacting to a few "you're a lesser supporter as I haven't seen you cheering in our group" style comments that have popped up on the forum of late. ;)
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Rick James wrote:Image
... please tell me that the little girl is only posing for the photo and not actually being punched. :lol:

She sure looks like she's in real pain. :shock:
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Sterlk wrote:
Rick James wrote:Image
... please tell me that the little girl is only posing for the photo and not actually being punched. :lol:

RJ took that photo himself at Bulldogs Away.
-LG-
Steve Walters

Post by -LG- »

That pic really is disturbing. :lol:
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Schifty wrote:
Sterlk wrote:... please tell me that the little girl is only posing for the photo and not actually being punched. :lol:

RJ took that photo himself at Bulldogs Away.
:lol:

Now that I think about it she looks more constipated than stomach punched. :P
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

I've had enough of this crap
one more word out of you little twerps and there'll be no golden boogs, FOR ANYONE!!
Now play nice kiddies and keep the childish jabs aimed at our host, Mikey
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Lime Green wrote:
Sorry if you get the impression that this is our forum, we are certainly not trying to take it over, even if we wanted too we don't have the resources as everyone is too busy trying to infiltrate and take over operations at Raiders HQ

Mate, no offense intended towards the RA. I think you do a great job, and I'm really pleased that we have a bunch of supporters as loud and proud as you are that follow the team come whatever.

I was just reacting to a few "you're a lesser supporter as I haven't seen you cheering in our group" style comments that have popped up on the forum of late. ;)
If that was directed at me I suggest you re-examine my post a little more scrupulously and consider it within the broader context of the matter being discussed.
#BoneMcCrone
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Raider_69 wrote:I've had enough of this crap
one more word out of you little twerps and there'll be no golden boogs, FOR ANYONE!!

If you kids can't keep your hands to yourselves, I'm gonna turn this car around, and there'll be no Cape Canaveral for anybody!!!!
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Schifty wrote:
Raider_69 wrote:I've had enough of this crap

If you kids can't keep your hands to yourselves, I'm gonna turn this car around, and there'll be no Cape Canaveral for anybody!!!!

exactly!
-LG-
Steve Walters

Post by -LG- »

We'll be good. :P
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

Kermit wrote:Whats the McLinden award???? :hmmm

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Kermit wrote:
Kermit wrote:Whats the McLinden award???? :hmmm

Q - What is the McLinden Award?
A - There have been numerous footballers that have shown glimpses of shear brilliance in their careers but haven't shown it on a consistent basis. This award is a tribute to the poster best displaying those attributes... a tribute to Mark "Marty" Mclinden
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

Cheers mate!

Happy to be short priced favourite for it!

:thumbsup

Bling Hood
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Bling Hood »

This is an absolute disgrace. Who tha **** do yo all think yo are? Bling Hood is tha man for most exciting, most entataining and blingiest of dizzles this year. Believe. I strongly suggest yo change tha nominations and remove yours truly.

Keep it real.

Keep it special.

Keep it to tha point.

Peace.

Respect.

Bling.

Finess.

Exit.