Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by Billy Walker »

Awfully long story that essentially reads - Vidot’s alter ego was kicked in the stones…

‘Crazy’ WWE ‘rollercoaster’ behind ex-NRL star Daniel Vidot’s brutal low blow: https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-spor ... 7fefe92fef
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: January 25, 2022, 9:42 pm Former Raider Jonathon Reuben signs development deal with Dragons

The Dragons have also confirmed the signing of Norths Devils winger Jonathon Reuben on a development player deal.

Reuben, previously contracted to the Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters, has scored 107 tries in 106 appearances throughout his seven-year Queensland Cup career.

Read more: https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2022/01 ... to-top-30/
Honestly find it odd that post Roosters he has just been sort of forgotten. He's no out and out superstar but he's a better genuine winger than a host of fellas who've played first grade imo.

Behind a host of players at Illawarra. But from what I've seen most of them are rubbish. The Feagai brothers, Moga and Co arent real crash hot.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

julian87 wrote: February 23, 2022, 9:07 am
greeneyed wrote: January 25, 2022, 9:42 pm Former Raider Jonathon Reuben signs development deal with Dragons

The Dragons have also confirmed the signing of Norths Devils winger Jonathon Reuben on a development player deal.

Reuben, previously contracted to the Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters, has scored 107 tries in 106 appearances throughout his seven-year Queensland Cup career.

Read more: https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2022/01 ... to-top-30/
Honestly find it odd that post Roosters he has just been sort of forgotten. He's no out and out superstar but he's a better genuine winger than a host of fellas who've played first grade imo.

Behind a host of players at Illawarra. But from what I've seen most of them are rubbish. The Feagai brothers, Moga and Co arent real crash hot.
He has been a very good player in Qld Cup for a few different clubs. Good luck to him, hopes he gets to live is dream and play first grade.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have to say… he didn't look that fit in the trial. Looks to be in Q Cup, not NRL, condition.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

That’s on the Dragons though he has done a full preseason with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Other dragons players seemed able to get NRL fit. Maybe it's not all on the dragons.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Keaton Walkington-Meads has gone to the Eels, according to his Instagram.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: February 24, 2022, 11:27 am Other dragons players seemed able to get NRL fit. Maybe it's not all on the dragons.
It can be on the club, if it's wide spread as it was with us last year when it was clear we got the pre season programe wrong... but that wasnt the case tonight with the dragons, they all seemed fine... Reuben struggled a lot.

That said he is probably the sort of guy who plays himself into fitness and with game time he'll be ok.
He's not likely to start the season in FG but maybe a chance to debut later in the year
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

As someone who hasn’t followed Reuben’s career, why has he never made first grade? Watching his highlights he seems big strong quick and a great try scorer, so clearly there must be some aspects of his game that has held him back all these years.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders junior Brent Kite claims he was 'bashed' by police in Queanbeyan

Former Raiders junior Brent Kite has shouted at a magistrate in what he described as a "**** little court" while claiming he was recently "assaulted, bashed and smashed" by Queanbeyan police. Mr Kite told magistrate Roger Clisdell he had been "trying to exercise my constitutional right" on the day in question.

"I'm just me, Brent, a living man. The corporation has no authority over the living man. This goes back to Bible times. I need two magistrates on the bench and a trial by jury."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Brent Kite involved in police altercation: https://www.zerotackle.com/ex-nrl-prop- ... on-113655/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Has some lifestyle choices and social media given some players a warped perspective on the world.

Too many players and ex players seem to be promoting some very out there approaches to life. Some seem to live in a completely false reality.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Interesting quotes there…. Possibly a strong case for mandatory head gear!
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Sounds like Brent Kite has gone full Sovereign Citizen. These are the crazies that believe they can drive around without a licence or registering their car. When they get stopped by the police they end up getting their windows smashed and dragged out of the car screaming "I do not consent!", as if that has any effect. Absolute crazies.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I like the boy, fire up Kitey!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Agree on the mandatory headgear BW

This place is woke.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Good call on the headgear guys. Recommend Tin foil headgear.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Finchy wrote:Sounds like Brent Kite has gone full Sovereign Citizen. These are the crazies that believe they can drive around without a licence or registering their car. When they get stopped by the police they end up getting their windows smashed and dragged out of the car screaming "I do not consent!", as if that has any effect. Absolute crazies.
I’ll never forget my uncle telling me this story about how he didn’t pay his phone bill once “**** em. Why do they deserve to be paid?” Follow up sentence was “And y’know what they did? Those ******** cut off my phone!”

Umm…
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Former rugby league star Brent Kite went on a bizarre rant when he fronted Queanbeyan Local Court, claiming the court system had “no authority” over him: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 0de50706e3

Old mate has gone nuts.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Love to see the look on the wigs face when he started kicking off.

This place is woke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: February 28, 2022, 5:56 pm Former rugby league star Brent Kite went on a bizarre rant when he fronted Queanbeyan Local Court, claiming the court system had “no authority” over him: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 0de50706e3

Old mate has gone nuts
Almost gives new meaning to the old saying “as high as a Kite”!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote:Former Canberra Raiders junior Brent Kite claims he was 'bashed' by police in Queanbeyan

Former Raiders junior Brent Kite has shouted at a magistrate in what he described as a "**** little court" while claiming he was recently "assaulted, bashed and smashed" by Queanbeyan police. Mr Kite told magistrate Roger Clisdell he had been "trying to exercise my constitutional right" on the day in question.

"I'm just me, Brent, a living man. The corporation has no authority over the living man. This goes back to Bible times. I need two magistrates on the bench and a trial by jury."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Brent Kite involved in police altercation: https://www.zerotackle.com/ex-nrl-prop- ... on-113655/
To be fair, having the cops ping you for driving an unregistered and uninsured internal combustion vehicle does go back to the Bible times.

Stick it to the man ****stick. Lol

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hahah **** Kitey is a cooker!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Struggle Town delivers again.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Redcliffe have gained Adam Cook, Dunamis Lui and Jeremiah Simbiken this year.

Jarrett Subloo and Daniel Keir released.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/03/03/ ... -for-2022/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jarrett Subloo with Mounties.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Wonder what the Mounties think of their decision to partner with the Dogs now, who have stacked all of their players into their own side and given Mounties a couple lower grade/youth players.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Brad Abbey - that's a blast from the past. Remember him playing at fullback for us for some games in 2018 when Jack was suspended for 10 weeks.

Mick Potter - coaching in NSW Cup approx 8 years after being sacked by West Tigers
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Always liked what I saw from Matterson. Looked like he was good enough to pick up a contract somewhere.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders hooker Kurt Baptiste calls time on career

Ex-NRL forward Kurt Baptiste has officially hung up the boots on his rugby league career.

The 30-year-old, who endured a luckless run with injuries across his time in the top flight, tallied 80 professional matches across stints with the Broncos, Raiders, Roosters, Cowboys and English club the Leigh Centurions.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/ex-nrl-journ ... er-114752/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m amazed Baptiste was only 30.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: March 12, 2022, 8:46 pm Former Canberra Raiders hooker Kurt Baptiste calls time on career

Ex-NRL forward Kurt Baptiste has officially hung up the boots on his rugby league career.

The 30-year-old, who endured a luckless run with injuries across his time in the top flight, tallied 80 professional matches across stints with the Broncos, Raiders, Roosters, Cowboys and English club the Leigh Centurions.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/ex-nrl-journ ... er-114752/
Very well written retirement note. I always enjoyed watching Baptiste in his time here, he was a great competitor and did add some spark with ball in hand. All the best to him in retirement.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Raiders cast off destroyed the Warriors today. Maybe we kept the wrong Fijian?
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

From memory we wanted to keep Ravalawa? He left because he didn't see a pathway to first grade with Rapana and Cotric filling the wing spots?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

kiwi raider wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:50 am From memory we wanted to keep Ravalawa? He left because he didn't see a pathway to first grade with Rapana and Cotric filling the wing spots?
Yeah, he didn’t even give the Raiders a shot at matching the Dragons offer. The Raiders were miffed as they gave him the opportunity to play in Australia.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2022, 8:18 am
kiwi raider wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:50 am From memory we wanted to keep Ravalawa? He left because he didn't see a pathway to first grade with Rapana and Cotric filling the wing spots?
Yeah, he didn’t even give the Raiders a shot at matching the Dragons offer. The Raiders were miffed as they gave him the opportunity to play in Australia.
So he was sent directly out of the squad to play Park footy without passing go.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.