Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

Post by The Nickman »

What about red wine? I don't mind a glass or two of an evening.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:25 am
T_R wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:24 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:04 am FTR - I was speaking with Mrs Fui. $25 for an Old Fashioned is acceptable.
I don't usually pay attention to prices, I just drink them
I appreciate the feedback. There seems to be a $20 Old Fashioned price ceiling here in God's country, so I was obviously enraged to be overcharged in Canberra.
I'll order one at my local pub when I duck down there next.

Check back with me in an hour or so.
Nah, pubs in Rockie would be all pre-mix. Wouldn't work.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:08 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:04 am FTR - I was speaking with Mrs Fui. $25 for an Old Fashioned is acceptable.
I appreciate the feedback. There seems to be a $20 Old Fashioned price ceiling here in God's country, so I was obviously enraged to be overcharged in Canberra.

Well I just asked my local publican and for some reason he wants to fight you now
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah my first thought was $15 - $20, but what's $5 between friends?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:09 pm

Well I just asked my local publican and for some reason he wants to fight you now
Wait till he finds out he can charge 25 bucks a hit. He'll bloody love me.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

T_R wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:12 pm

You're willing to let him charge to punch you?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, he just asked what the ingredients are... it's Bundy Rum and what??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:19 pm

You're willing to let him charge to punch you?
**** hell, I'd pay 50!!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:

Speaking of fights: a few pubs in CBR used to have Bundy draught on tap.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:45 pm
The Nickman wrote: Well I just asked my local publican and for some reason he wants to fight you now

God, Bundy Rum is the worst drink on the planet for fights. Was speaking to a mate about this yesterday at Beef Week, do people fight as much on other rums such as Sailor Jerry or is it a Bundy Rum specialty?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Barkeep, what are your thoughts on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Personally, I think Mike Teevee was the rightful winner. The kid did nothing wrong. Wonka invented teleportation, and Mike was right to test it on humans. Not only that, Charlie drank the floating drink before Mike teleported, so in order of wrongdoings, Mike was the last kid standing.

I think the fix was in. It's no coincidence the winning kid lived in the same town as the Factory

Also, Grandpa Joe is one of the worst characters in the history of film

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The most important question is why on earth did they remake the film with Johnny Depp?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That was an awful remake, should've just left the gene wilder version alone

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:47 pm
-TW- wrote: May 5, 2021, 12:45 pm
The Nickman wrote: Well I just asked my local publican and for some reason he wants to fight you now

God, Bundy Rum is the worst drink on the planet for fights. Was speaking to a mate about this yesterday at Beef Week, do people fight as much on other rums such as Sailor Jerry or is it a Bundy Rum specialty?
As a uni student, I used to work in a duty free shop down at Circular Quay, mostly maxing out my sales commissions by flogging grossly overpriced watches to gormless Japanese tour groups and attempting to cut off a backpacker-straggler for evening entertainment. Occasionally we'd get whole boat loads of US military sailors come through, and their big thing was to buy one of the old 'export only' 1 litre bottles of the 57% Bundy...then sit outside and drink the whole thing over the course of half an hour, before their bus swung through to pick them up and at which point the bottle would be confiscated.

The sight of the Quay awash in Bundy-chunder and passed out chaps in white sailor suits will stick with me for life.

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 7, 2021, 9:03 am Barkeep, what are your thoughts on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Personally, I think Mike Teevee was the rightful winner. The kid did nothing wrong. Wonka invented teleportation, and Mike was right to test it on humans. Not only that, Charlie drank the floating drink before Mike teleported, so in order of wrongdoings, Mike was the last kid standing.

I think the fix was in. It's no coincidence the winning kid lived in the same town as the Factory

Grandpa Joe was the real winner. Mooched his heart out and seized the opportunity when it came along.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I drink Bundy, preferably not the yellow label stuff these days and it's more the individual than the alcohol, I never get aggressive I just get better looking and a lot more charming

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I must agree..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

zim wrote: May 7, 2021, 1:25 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 7, 2021, 9:03 am Barkeep, what are your thoughts on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Personally, I think Mike Teevee was the rightful winner. The kid did nothing wrong. Wonka invented teleportation, and Mike was right to test it on humans. Not only that, Charlie drank the floating drink before Mike teleported, so in order of wrongdoings, Mike was the last kid standing.

Grandpa Joe was the real winner. Mooched his heart out and seized the opportunity when it came along.
He really is something else
  • Bedridden for 20 years, only to get out of bed when Charlie wins the Golden Ticket
  • How did he get his hands on that Chocolate bar as a surprise for Charlie? Mofo had to have snuck out to get it
  • Sings a song about how he's got a Golden Ticket, not Charlie
  • Peer pressures Charlie into drinking the floating drink, then has the hide to run his mouth off at Wonka for not giving Charlie the prize
  • Tries to convince Charlie to hand the Everlasting Gobstopper to Slugworth
This is becoming a cross-over for Fui Flips It

Nickman's love of NSW
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

A genuine sequel has grandpa joe doing front rolls along that red carpet after the rest of the family has mysteriously disappeared. He truly is a monster.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Confession time barkeep.

Since going back into the office I've discovered, and really gotten into, the Dave Matthews Band. Probably a few years too late I know. Ants Marching popped up as a recommended song, and I've since falled into a rabbit hole of discovery.

DMB seems to cop a bit of flack out there on the interweb, but I think this establishment is a bit more refined than most. What's the GH's view on Dave Matthews, and do we have any of their songs on the Jukebox?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't know about The GH's view... but for me... who's Dave Matthews?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: June 4, 2021, 1:18 pm I don't know about The GH's view... but for me... who's Dave Matthews?
Shame on you GE.

Dave Matthews is the son of Mr and Mrs Matthews.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote: June 4, 2021, 1:18 pm I don't know about The GH's view... but for me... who's Dave Matthews?
Prepare to have your world changed

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 4, 2021, 1:44 pm
That’s not going on our jukebox. Sure is no “My Sharona”.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

When's Karaoke night in this place btw? I hear Nickman belts out a mean Locomotion

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Som of our top jukebox songs.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 4, 2021, 1:53 pm When's Karaoke night in this place btw? I hear Nickman belts out a mean Locomotion
The Gambler is my **** goto pal, and don't you **** forget it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Nickman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 4, 2021, 1:53 pm When's Karaoke night in this place btw? I hear Nickman belts out a mean Locomotion
Stand corrected, you can do Gambler, TR can give us his version of Mambo #5

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I thought Nickman was a “we built this city” kinda guy.

Knee deep in the hoopla..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Stand corrected, you can do Gambler, TR can give us his version of Mambo #5
I have one and only one go to option for karaoke. Fortunately, it's the finest karaoke song in human history.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Always - Bon Jovi
That's my go to song.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I remember a time when people actually liked DMB. It was 2002. Spin up Crash Into Me on the dukebox Gov Steve.

You wouldn't believe what it's like outside.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 8, 2021, 11:30 am
I remember a time when people actually liked DMB. It was 2002. Spin up Crash Into Me on the dukebox Gov Steve.

Crash Into Me is great. That's been added to the walk list.
I avoided Dave for a long time, mainly because of the jabs they tend to get in TV Shows and Movies, but I honestly don't get the hate.

Barkeep, while you're working on the Jukebox, did you know the reason the old Top 40 radio shows were a "Top 40" was because the Jukeboxes at the time only held 40 record singles?

Nickman's love of NSW
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 8, 2021, 1:14 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 8, 2021, 11:30 am

Crash Into Me is great. That's been added to the walk list.
I avoided Dave for a long time, mainly because of the jabs they tend to get in TV Shows and Movies, but I honestly don't get the hate.

Barkeep, while you're working on the Jukebox, did you know the reason the old Top 40 radio shows were a "Top 40" was because the Jukeboxes at the time only held 40 record singles?
There's also something about modern pop songs being 3.30 - 4 minutes because that's what worked on 45s I've heard. Might have even been a prior format.

Get Lit My Own Worst Enemy cranking barman.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Also, when is open reading night barkeep? I've been working on a little ditty.

The General, GE, Greeneyed, Steve.
The one that can be relied on, just believe.
The boss dog the main cog, the one ladie's want to snog,
Watch me as I go on this monologue.
He's the only and only, you can't get him from a catalogue!
Stay on topic, language toxic, poster's chaotic.
Despite the psychotic, he remains methodic.
I can't figure out, how to interweave,
Any other words, for my man Steve.

Nickman's love of NSW