From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Re: UFC - MMA

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Diaz absolutely got smashed

Dos Anjos teed off on his lead leg. It looked nasty. Credit to Diaz though , he finished the fight

Once again didnt see all of the main fight. Ran the recording 20min over and still only got 2 rounds
mattystorm1987
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: tohu harris, sisa waqa

UFC - MMA

Post by mattystorm1987 »

3 ufc fighters current n former sue the ufc for crippling the free market by being a monopoly n buying out competitors so fighters have no negotiating power..

Cung Le (current) jon finch n Nate quarry (former)

63 page lawsuit

http://www.cohenmilstein.com/media/pnc/5/media.1675.pdf

Press conference

http://youtu.be/3LK211HFcVI
Broncos 2014 wooden spooners
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

It's so hard to keep up with this sport without foxtel and illegal downloading. I'm just reading up on what's happened recently, Silva/Diaz is going to be huge
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ive got the last 2 ufc fight nights to watch.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

I caught one fight off the Gustaffuson vs Rumble Johnson card and it was a knockout within 8 secs.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz test positive for banned substances

UFC 183 was supposed to go down as one of the biggest nights of the year with the return of former pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz, but now the event has been marred following positive drug tests returned for both fighters from the main event.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/anders ... 7207729273
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Wow, that's surprising. I only just found out about Jones as well! I'm so behind!!
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Diaz done for dope again? Imagine my surprise.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Bec Rawlings . Ouch

http://instagram.com/p/y5esI3A07_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

It about time PED'a testing started catching up with these guys. Lombards failed a test now, it's going to be a long road to clean this sport up.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

At the moment it seems to be more a question of who isn't on the juice.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

McGregor beating Mendes after getting pounded for 1 1/2 rounds.. Wow
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Just watched TUF finale. Some good fights

Enjoyed the Usman and Hassan fight and the main event of Thompson and Ellenberger.

I have UFC189 still to watch
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's worth it, I don't usually watch ufc at all but my housemate bought the card on main event..

It was intense, there wasn't a dud fight
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I will watch it

Have heard it was good
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Finally got around to watch UFC 189

great card , great fights

The Rory McDonald fight was a awesome
cholztrad
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by cholztrad »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Finally got around to watch UFC 189

great card , great fights

The Rory McDonald fight was a awesome
:thumbsup

Awesome card, I think that's the card to show people looking to get into MMA.. it had everything.

There's been some crazy stuff going on in the UFC which is turning me off it atm, the reebok deal, them firing Stick for being honest about him losing money from the deal, them firing Burt Watson and Dana White calling out fans on twitter is a laugh but very unprofessional.

The new talent though is keeping me interested, my new favorite fighter is that Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

must admit I havent watched much lately and have lost track of the fighters , but watching that card rekindled the fire . I'll definitely try and watch more.

What i hate and watching the latest TUF noticed how much wrestling has come into the sport. There just seems to be too much fighters wrestling where they just lean on them on the cage or laying on them on the ground , not working for a submission and very little activity. The American top team was full of the wrestlers in the show
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Raidersrawesome wrote:must admit I havent watched much lately and have lost track of the fighters , but watching that card rekindled the fire . I'll definitely try and watch more.

What i hate and watching the latest TUF noticed how much wrestling has come into the sport. There just seems to be too much fighters wrestling where they just lean on them on the cage or laying on them on the ground , not working for a submission and very little activity. The American top team was full of the wrestlers in the show
Wrestling based fighters has been the scrounge of MMA since the fists hit the big screen. All the TUF serious are full of wrestler bringing boring fights, it's nothing new. Just look at the difference in the skill sets from the last TUF fight until the TUF finally every season, these young boys get focused on for 2 months and become completely different fighters.

Just look at TJ

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Uriah Hall back with his trademark spinning back kick in todays main card
cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by cRaAnIbDeErRrSa »

Hurry up and Let's see jones vs Cormier 2. Gonna be fireworks in that one
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Jones will come back and easily regain the title. He's that good.

Probably doesn't deserve to be given a title shot straight away but probably will get one.

Most likely will be the first UFC fight in NYC. Will happen at Madison Square Garden and make millions and millions.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

UFC star Conor McGregor’s staggering contract claim

UFC fighters have long been poked fun at by boxers and other top-line athletes for the money they earn — but if UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor can be believed, those days are over.
The Irish superstar claimed he’s about to sign a nine-figure contract with the mixed martial arts promotion during an appearance on The MMA Hour this week.

“Let’s compare contracts because the contract that I’m talking now is nine figures, nine figures I’m talking. Nobody in the game has talked nine figures,” McGregor told host Ariel Helwani.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/ufc-st ... 7562989428
cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese

Roy Rover wrote:Jones will come back and easily regain the title. He's that good.

Probably doesn't deserve to be given a title shot straight away but probably will get one.

Most likely will be the first UFC fight in NYC. Will happen at Madison Square Garden and make millions and millions.
I don't think it will be an easy fight for jones. I think in he first fight emotions got the better of Cormier, as did the poke he took to the eye followed by that hard body kick as he was trying to recover.

As a neutral fan of both I think Cormier will win the second fight
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

UFC - MMA

Post by Roy Rover »

I was going for Cormier and I didn't think the first fight was even close.

Sad to watch Cormier going for the takedown right to the end just so he could at least say he took him down.
cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese

that's what happens when emotions get in the way it gasses you out. Example, danny green vs mundine.. danny green would beat mundine 9/10 but that night emotions got better of him and mundine was in his head. Jones knows how to get in peoples heads. He wins the fights before the fight even starts.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Sorry Jones does not win fights because he gets in people heads.

He wins because he is a once in a generation athlete with the widest array of skills and offence the UFC has ever seen.

This is an established FACT and in no way just my opinion.
cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese

More like he wins because he has eye poked every opponent he has faced.. That is an established fact.hes the dirtiest fighter in the ufc... He never got disqualified or hardly got warned.. I guess what happened to jones was karma and got his title stripped..

he does get into people's head.. Obviously you haven't seen all his press conferences against his opponents..he works them up and gets them in an emotional state and he stays calm.

And yeah your right he is skilful check out his skills in this link

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/132 ... fc-history
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Bro I am no fan of Jon Jones.

I agree he is at times a bit dirty but I don't put his success down to this.

You're right I haven't watched ALL of his press conferences. But I have been a keen student of MMA (not just UFC) for a very long time and Jones is the best I've ever seen.
cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese

all good..

I'm just saying from experience.. I have been eye poked during training and it's bad trust me it effects you.. The fact that he has eye poked every fighter he has fought is ridiculous. Nothing has been done about it..

Yeah he's a good fighter but why does he keep eye poking and getting away with it.. I can name you and link heaps of ufc fights that have ended from eye poke where the fighter can't continue.. But its not jones fault it's the opponents fault. Especially glover texiera after the fight claiming he cudnt see properly after the 2 eye pokes. Should of said couldn't continue instead of fighting with a disadvantage.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Jones's reach leads to eye pokes because he uses his reach so much to keep guys at his distance. He's always fighter shorter guys with less reach.

Should he be pulled up on it? Yeah he should, it happens way too often. But there's no way his been as successful as he is because of it.

The guys a freak, his skill level is a completely different level to the others. Apart from being high level wrestlers he was late to start MMA and has picked up south so quickly.

He'll dominate DC when they fight again.

cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese

If his eye poking is coz of his style and is accidental, Through out a 5 round fight the eye pokes would happen more often then once or twice..

Isn't it a bit coincedence, that he does it once max twice every fight he fights until he gets warned, then miraculously for the rest of a 5 round fight he stops himself from doing it. By that time the damage has been done to the opponent. (Oh yes please tell me that an eye poke has no effect).

If he can stop himself from doing it after a warning, he can stop himself from doing it all fight simple as that.

Until he wins a fight without giving an eye poke I'll respect him as a fighter and not a dirty fighter who does hit and runs.

If he will dominate DC as you say.. Keep in touch, when the fights about to happen message me and bet me, put some money on it to back it up
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Look I've never trained or fought MMA in my life (and at my age is unlikely I'll take it up anytime soon).

I can only imagine what it would be like to be eye poked and I imagine it would not be nice.

Jones is definitely guilty of numerous eye pokes and perhaps some are less accidental than others. Of note though one of the other all time greats, Chuck Liddell was guilty of doing exactly the same thing.
cRaAnIbDeErRrSa
Terry Campese

Nothing wrong with just being a fan of the sport bro..

It's just odd he does it every fight.. It's like if I was a kickboxer and I kicked all my opponents in the balls every fight till I got warned and then stopped..and then say it's my style all I do is low leg kicks it's accidental I hit him in the balls..