NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: May 6, 2022, 6:14 am Chargers rounded out their defense with Bryce Callahan and Kyle Van Noy
Van Noy. Surely he is a BB success only
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: May 6, 2022, 1:28 pm
PrimetimeRaider wrote: May 6, 2022, 6:14 am Chargers rounded out their defense with Bryce Callahan and Kyle Van Noy
Van Noy. Surely he is a BB success only
That's hard to tell. He was OK in his one season at Miami. Just not worth the contract they paid. It's clear he goes best in the Belichick system. It's now no Chargers defensive coaching unit to get that out of him now.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Seahawks will travel an NFL-high 29,466 miles this season and change time zones 34 times.

The Steelers will travel an NFL-low 6,442 miles this season — and won't even leave the Eastern time zone all season.

Reminds me of Canberra vs Penrith during covid
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: May 8, 2022, 9:50 am Seahawks will travel an NFL-high 29,466 miles this season and change time zones 34 times.

The Steelers will travel an NFL-low 6,442 miles this season — and won't even leave the Eastern time zone all season.

At least the Steelers are leaving their city. Penrith travelled a lot less than that.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2022, 9:58 am
Matt wrote: May 8, 2022, 9:50 am Seahawks will travel an NFL-high 29,466 miles this season and change time zones 34 times.

At least the Steelers are leaving their city. Penrith travelled a lot less than that.
True.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Giants officially announced today they have released cornerback James Bradberry.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: May 10, 2022, 6:03 am Giants officially announced today they have released cornerback James Bradberry.
Been long mooted. Giants very tight on cap and he frees up around $10m even if they have to eat half his contract. He simply wasn't worth the money they were paying even if he's a very decent CB.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: May 10, 2022, 6:38 am
Matt wrote: May 10, 2022, 6:03 am Giants officially announced today they have released cornerback James Bradberry.
Been long mooted. Giants very tight on cap and he frees up around $10m even if they have to eat half his contract. He simply wasn't worth the money they were paying even if he's a very decent CB.
He'll have a new gig soon I'm sure
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ooooph! Tough draw for Dem Boyz.

A pair of home games, but not exactly easy...
Back to back season openers vs the Buccs. Then they get the SB runners up in the Bengals.

Then to the easy beats in the Div in NY.

Back home vs the Commies. If we are more than 500 after 4, we are laughing. Less... oh dear!

Then 2 away, at Vegas vs SB Champs Rams, then @ Pheagles in an early Div deciding game.

We return home for 2 more, vs Lions and Bears. Before heading into the BYE. Right in the middle of the yr and hopefully looking at a +500 record.

Tough pair of road trips, @ Lambo and Minnesota.

Backing up 4 days later, at home, on Thanksgiving vs G-Men. The G-Men are the 1st of 3 home games, with the Colts and Texans also at home.

A trip to Jacksonville is next.

Xmas Eve, in Dallas, with the game that probably decides the Div vs Pheagles.

Then finish away to Tits and Commies.

I think we finish 10-7 or 9-8. I think that record will = 4th NFC seed (realistically its actually 6th seed, but Div winner upgrade). Div record will determine if its Cowboys or Pheagles IMO.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

BREAKING: Broncos’ WR Jerry Jeudy was arrested today and taken into custody in Colorado, per multiple reports. The Broncos are aware of the situation and gathering more information. Arapahoe Sheriff announced that Jeudy is “being held at the Arapahoe Co jail on charges of 2nd degree criminal tampering w/a domestic violence enhancer, a misdemeanor. He's on a no bond hold. He's innocent until proven guilty.”

WOOOOOOOW!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: May 13, 2022, 4:21 pm BREAKING: Broncos’ WR Jerry Jeudy was arrested today and taken into custody in Colorado, per multiple reports. The Broncos are aware of the situation and gathering more information. Arapahoe Sheriff announced that Jeudy is “being held at the Arapahoe Co jail on charges of 2nd degree criminal tampering w/a domestic violence enhancer, a misdemeanor. He's on a no bond hold. He's innocent until proven guilty.”

WOOOOOOOW!
Thats big news. There were rumours Broncos were looking to trade him not long ago. Bet they wish they had taken such action.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: May 13, 2022, 4:13 pm Ooooph! Tough draw for Dem Boyz.
I reckon every team's fan base reckon they got a tough draw. Phins forums are saying same. People always look at the negatives. :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: May 13, 2022, 5:01 pm
I reckon every team's fan base reckon they got a tough draw. Phins forums are saying same. People always look at the negatives. :lol:
We get Brady and Burrows to start the yr. Stafford too. We have ARod mid yr.
We also get Derrick Henry to end the yr.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Oh come on! They've got the easiest strength of schedule in the league! Their own crap division, and the AFC South and NFC North!

They should be at 12 wins at the very least
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PrimetimeRaider wrote: May 15, 2022, 2:33 pm
Oh come on! They've got the easiest strength of schedule in the league! Their own crap division, and the AFC South and NFC North!

Yeah but they have to play a game against Burrow, Brady and Rodgers. What a nightmare draw. :roll:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:01 pm

Yeah but they have to play a game against Burrow, Brady and Rodgers. What a nightmare draw. :roll:
Stafford too.
Derrick Henry's Tits are no push over.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: May 15, 2022, 6:54 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:01 pm

Stafford too.
Derrick Henry's Tits are no push over.
Oh no. They have to play Stafford and Henry too!!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Packers and Pro-Bowl CB Jaire Alexander are finalizing a 4-year, $84 million contract extension, per source. Deal includes $31 million in 2022 - a DB record of $30 million in signing bonus. Alexander will receive $42.5M by March. John Thornton of @RocNationSports confirmed deal.

Jaire Alexander’s new deal averages $21 million per year, a new mark for DBs. It ties him to Green Bay through 2026 season. Alexader broke a bone in his shoulder in week four last year, and played only eight plays in playoffs. Packers still identified him as a core young player.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

James Bradberry heading to Eagles on a 1 year deal. That's a decent gap filler till 2023 draft where they will no doubt address the defensive backfield. Surprisingly skipped that need in this year's draft.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 19, 2022, 4:05 pm James Bradberry heading to Eagles on a 1 year deal. That's a decent gap filler till 2023 draft where they will no doubt address the defensive backfield. Surprisingly skipped that need in this year's draft.
Been sweating on this move for a few weeks
A lot of smoke that the eagles were waiting to punce once he was released.

Really needed another good starting corner... we've still got a gapping hole at safety... but there are similar spot fires about the ravens and eagles trading Chuck Clark (now expendable with Marcus Williams and Kyle Hamilton on deck) for Jalen Reagor (who the eagles obviously dont want but the ravens are in need of a speed receiver)... so ill be very eager to see if that goes anywhere
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Stupid Pheagles! Keep getting better
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

If the eagles can swing a trade for a good safety, like Chuck Clark... ill start feeling really bullish about them this year. Though i think the question marks over Hurts being able to run a real NFL passing game remains the big ? over the team. If he can, and they can get some help at safety, it's a pretty damn good team up and down the roster.
If he cant, they'll be dispatched pretty easily by the first good defence they face in the play offs (should they make it)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

After playing more games for the Ravens than any other player in franchise history, punter Sam Koch announced his retirement Thursday after 16 NFL seasons. The 39-year-old Koch played in 256 games for the Ravens, more than Terrell Suggs (229) and Ray Lewis (228).

Only a punter, but quality
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I just read that Suh has only missed 2 games (both in 2011 via suspension) since he was drafted, and the only defensive player to have played every game since 2012 - 161 of them.

Thats longevity mixed with crazy good health/fitness. Amazing stuff given the position.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

We're at a dead period for the NFL calander... but there is some interesting things going on particularly in the QB rooms

The Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray situations are looming to me as potential league shifting events... that DeShuan Watson deal and his pending suspension is also hanging over the league like a festering ****. You dont think Lamar, Kyler and the next crop saw that fully gtd deal Watson got and think to themselves "Why not me?"

also the Niners QB situaton, is Jimmy going to move? It's hard to fathom the Niners are going to sit Lance for another year given what they gave up to get him, at some point you kind of have to just play the guy and let the chips fall where they lie. I think before the season kicks off, we'll have Jimmy G and Baker Mayfield at new organisations. Seattle and Carolina being the key destinations imo

also, Eagles note, the Athletic NFL podcast recently did a non QB Most Valuable players draft... and Jordan Mailata got an honourable mention (Matt, ya boi Micah went 5th i think), which shows how really incredible his rise has been. Think this time next year, we'll be talking about Mailata as a top 5 NFL LT.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: May 31, 2022, 8:18 pm We're at a dead period for the NFL calander... but there is some interesting things going on particularly in the QB rooms

The Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray situations are looming to me as potential league shifting events... that DeShuan Watson deal and his pending suspension is also hanging over the league like a festering ****. You dont think Lamar, Kyler and the next crop saw that fully gtd deal Watson got and think to themselves "Why not me?"

also the Niners QB situaton, is Jimmy going to move? It's hard to fathom the Niners are going to sit Lance for another year given what they gave up to get him, at some point you kind of have to just play the guy and let the chips fall where they lie. I think before the season kicks off, we'll have Jimmy G and Baker Mayfield at new organisations. Seattle and Carolina being the key destinations imo

also, Eagles note, the Athletic NFL podcast recently did a non QB Most Valuable players draft... and Jordan Mailata got an honourable mention (Matt, ya boi Micah went 5th i think), which shows how really incredible his rise has been. Think this time next year, we'll be talking about Mailata as a top 5 NFL LT.
If Micah can be the same guy as last yr ill be happy. Better will be tough. Does look a genuine freak... and we are talking NFL freak, so that's special.

Mailata has done some amazing things to get this far. I hope he is a top 5 LT prospect. That would be huge
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dean Ritchie reporting Rams are going to play a game in Sydney in 2024, potentially against Cowboys. I expect it will be a preseason game. Logistics a bit tricky for a regular season game.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: June 1, 2022, 12:46 pm Dean Ritchie reporting Rams are going to play a game in Sydney in 2024, potentially against Cowboys. I expect it will be a preseason game. Logistics a bit tricky for a regular season game.
Yeah i've been waiting to see some details on it, ive been hoping for a miracle and maybe it's an actual real proper game as part of the international games they're doing but know in my heart its almost certainly a pre season game :lol:

But you can lock me in for that, regardless of what it is. I'll be definitely going to it :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: June 1, 2022, 12:52 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 1, 2022, 12:46 pm Dean Ritchie reporting Rams are going to play a game in Sydney in 2024, potentially against Cowboys. I expect it will be a preseason game. Logistics a bit tricky for a regular season game.
Yeah i've been waiting to see some details on it, ive been hoping for a miracle and maybe it's an actual real proper game as part of the international games they're doing but know in my heart its almost certainly a pre season game :lol:

But you can lock me in for that, regardless of what it is. I'll be definitely going to it :lol:
Only real way they could hold a regular season game is give both teams a Thursday night game prior and bye the week after. Would also have to be an October game or it will be getting too hot.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

TAKE MY MONEY!!!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Marion Barber died. Former Cowboys RB. He was 38. That's my age... :shock:
2022 taking so many too young.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

49ers’ veteran C Alex Mack is retiring from the NFL after 13 seasons, per @realmikesilver.

Mack, 36, is a 3x Second-team All Pro (2013, 2016, 2017), 7x Pro-Bowler (2010, 2013, 2015-2018, 2021) and is a member of the NFL 2010s All-Decade Team.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Huge loss for the niners
JC Tretter probably their best option in terms of a replacement
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Jack Del Rio, on the eve of the Jan 6 congressional hearings, questions why the riots post George Floyd’s murder don’t get as much attention as the Jan 6 riot.
Get the **** out of here man - comparing the fallout of people who were pissed off at the murder of another black man at the hands of police, with an insurrection of the national’s capital building, with the intention to subvert the course of democracy. I’ll say it again - get the **** out of here man.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: June 9, 2022, 9:21 am Jack Del Rio, on the eve of the Jan 6 congressional hearings, questions why the riots post George Floyd’s murder don’t get as much attention as the Jan 6 riot.
Get the **** out of here man - comparing the fallout of people who were pissed off at the murder of another black man at the hands of police, with an insurrection of the national’s capital building, with the intention to subvert the course of democracy. I’ll say it again - get the **** out of here man.
Yeah i saw that, Del Rio goes to pain staking lengths to show he's a **** bag time and time again
OF COURSE he's at the Commies and working for Dan Snyder. Perfect match