From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Luifau??? Whaaat?
There are 4 or 5 guys graded higher. I'm confused again.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I have no **** idea who this kid from Houston Christian we just drafted but DJ said he’s a favourite of Vic Fangio so sure why not :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Watch Wilson be a stud next to Watts at Steekers
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dane Bruglar comments RE Boys 1st 3 picks:

Big fan of what the Cowboys have done. So far, nabbed three players in my top-40 prospects:

27. OT Tyler Guyton
32. Edge Marshawn Kneeland
38. OG/C Cooper Beebe

- so I guess my fears can be a little settled. Still not convinced RE our LB choice, but still. 3 top 40s from 29, 56, 73, I'll take it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

The Cowboys are expected to re-sign runningback Ezekiel Elliott, per Michael Gehlken.

I guess if your gonna have cap hit, you may as well have the player 🤣
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Well... a few random thoughts on the draft. I admittedly didnt go very deep into this years class, due to travel
So will only have strong opinions on the top 50-60 players

Yay:
- the bears taking Williams which was a no brainer but then to not trade back and actually take Odunze. Love that for them. Caleb Williams is going to be the best Bears QB in history (Low bar) and it wont be close
- I regret to inform you that the Pats might be on their way back. Maye is awesome and so is Polk. Great picks. Polk has a little redundancy with Pop Douglas so eager to see how that plays out.
- MHJ no brainer easy pick
- The tackles all made sence... Alt, Latham, Fashanu, Fuaga, Mims, Fautanu... just all rock solid picks that make sense.Not a lot to say beyond that.
- Nabbers to NYG was the correct pick, get up for QB next year... Jags getting Thomas JR after trade downs was very good work. Easy to love it but Worthy to the Chiefs is sick. Also quite like Leggette for the Panthers, he's the right sort of WR for Young.
- Obviously love the Eagles grabbing, imo, 2 top defensive backs... Mitchell was my 2nd best defensive player in the draft (behind Murphey II, great pick by seattle). Didnt think he had any chance of getting to us. Cooper Dejean was a clear first round pick for me, and a top 6-10 defensive player. Very good value.
- DETROIT also got great value in Arnold.I had Mitchell ahead in Cb rankings but not by much, would have been happy with either. Arnold fits them.
- I like Chop Robinson, he's a damn good edge player imo. The best in this class i reckon, albeit a pretty meh class. Dolphins made a solid pick there
- Packers getting Morgan OL, then imo the best LB and 2nd best safety is a great day.
- Ladd McConkey is perfect for Herbert. Adonai Mitchell also a pretty spicy pick for the colts. Like those spots a lot

Nay (maybe):
- I can totally get the swing the Jayden Daniels but i have a lot of concerns. We just saw what Justin Fields looks like in the league and what his value is and now Daniels is a #2 over all pick? It's going to be very good or very bad, cant see middle ground
- What in the **** are the Falcons doing? That Penix pick is truly one of the most shocking and remarkable picks ive ever seen. I appeciate the value in building a QB room but this is madness. If you loved Penix that much, he's an older prospect, there is no reason to hand Cousins 3 years 100m... Penix might be 28-29 before he plays a meaningful snap for the Falcons. Absurd.
- Bo Nix was just not a first round grade. Hard to be critical of Sean Payton, he's got a tremendous track record with QBs but he should have traded back if he was there guy, no doubt they could have got him day 2 imo... but if he's good, no one will give a ****. I dont think he'll be very good.
- I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Brock Bowers. But you have Michael Myers in his 2nd year, it's a modern NFL and you can certainly run a lot of 12 and run two tight ends out there, there is ways to use both, which they should, not sold they have the creativity in play call and design to do it. If i were a team who wanted a good inline TE, i'd be asking what Michael Myers would cost me. Good player. Curious fit.
- Cowboys **** up advertising their love for RB Brooks. This off season for the Cowboys has been so confusing for an other wise pretty well run org.
- The one tackle i didnt like was Guyton, i was very worried the eagles would take him. He's more of a project than a ready made thing but Dallas have not missed on OL drafts in recent years.
- Similar above, bold man to hate on a Ravens DB pick, like cowboys OL they are lights out on that stuff.. but Nate Wiggins is too small imo. Reminds me Forbes last year for the Commies who got big boy'd all year.
- Also in that vain, Rickshaw in the 2nd for the Lions? Not for me. Too small. If you're that small i need you to play corner like Devin Witherspoon, he didnt get there for me.

**** THAT ****:
- The seamless transition from Dan Snyder to David Tepper for being the worst owner in sports should be studied from a power transition perspective. Never have i seen a vacuum be created and someone so willing, so eager and so ready to step into the void. The Panthers will never win under this **** **** of a man. Hear me now, believe me later. The man is worth 10's of billions of dollars and is stopping at Mum and Pop resturants to confront owners about $30 sign. What an absolute **** POS.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Very early to be talking 2025 NFL draft
But I’m planting a flag early, regardless of how he plays this year, I would want NOTHING to do with Shedeur Sanders and that entire Sanders family circus
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Yeah it is way too early to be talking 2025 draft. Back in ya box.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Reminds me of Lavar Ball and his nonsense.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

President Clinton wrote: May 2, 2024, 6:50 pm Reminds me of Lavar Ball and his nonsense.
100%
They've already started talking about pulling an Eli Manning, and what teams he can and cant play for. Going to be a **** WILD 2025 draft process if he plays well enough to be in the dicussion for the top qbs
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: May 2, 2024, 9:48 pm
President Clinton wrote: May 2, 2024, 6:50 pm Reminds me of Lavar Ball and his nonsense.
100%
They've already started talking about pulling an Eli Manning, and what teams he can and cant play for. Going to be a **** WILD 2025 draft process if he plays well enough to be in the dicussion for the top qbs
He'll be a cowboy. Don't worry. We love a circus 🤣
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Lads,
I'm sure I know the idea, but I assume former Jagz WR Zay Jones is being shopped coz he hasn't quite got it?
And/or
Limited tred on the tyres?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: May 9, 2024, 4:42 pm Lads,
I'm sure I know the idea, but I assume former Jagz WR Zay Jones is being shopped coz he hasn't quite got it?
And/or
Limited tred on the tyres?
Na i think he's ok, nothing special, guys who are arent available this late in FA, but he can be a contribitor to a WR room as a #3-4