NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

the bone
John Ferguson

Re: NFL Thread

Post by the bone »

I’ve got to say it’s a pretty likeable field of teams that are left… would be happy to see any of the remaining teams win, maybe with the exception of the Bucs. Even then, I don’t mind Tampa Bay as a franchise, nor do I have anything against Tom Brady; but the fawning over Brady does become tiresome, and the term GOAT has to be one of the most annoying and over-used words of our time.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:02 pm I’ve got to say it’s a pretty likeable field of teams that are left… would be happy to see any of the remaining teams win, maybe with the exception of the Bucs. Even then, I don’t mind Tampa Bay as a franchise, nor do I have anything against Tom Brady; but the fawning over Brady does become tiresome, and the term GOAT has to be one of the most annoying and over-used words of our time.
But Nathan Lyon is the GOAT
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Matt wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:03 pm
the bone wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:02 pm I’ve got to say it’s a pretty likeable field of teams that are left… would be happy to see any of the remaining teams win, maybe with the exception of the Bucs. Even then, I don’t mind Tampa Bay as a franchise, nor do I have anything against Tom Brady; but the fawning over Brady does become tiresome, and the term GOAT has to be one of the most annoying and over-used words of our time.
But Nathan Lyon is the GOAT
I’m told I look like Nathan Lyon
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah of the teams left, i'd want to see the Rams and Bucs go out (kind of low key hate McVey lol and Brady.. enough already plz)

other than that? Im good! They're all a bit fun and a bit interesting. Though i think there will be a good number of people who arent big on Green Bay and Rodgers right now
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:17 pm Yeah of the teams left, i'd want to see the Rams and Bucs go out (kind of low key hate McVey lol and Brady.. enough already plz)

other than that? Im good! They're all a bit fun and a bit interesting. Though i think there will be a good number of people who arent big on Green Bay and Rodgers right now
Yeah pass on Stafford and McVey's Rams. Not that I can see a busted Cards winning tomorrow.
Toms has had his time. Just retire already.
ARod is gonna get some hate the rest of the way. Im ok if they win though.

I think I said Chiefs vs GB SB, so, its still a chance.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Its just come out, that Zeke's knee injury in wk 4 was a PCL. Played on it the rest of the way. No wonder he had no juice.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:30 pm Its just come out, that Zeke's knee injury in wk 4 was a PCL. Played on it the rest of the way. No wonder he had no juice.
Should have let him get it sorted and plugged in Pollard. Pollard is a good dynamic back, suited their offence better than Zeke imo
Any news on why Dak sucked yet?
Or Beave? :D
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I keep remembering the Nantz call on the Dak draw play and laughing

"Woah! I dont think this is gonna work out!" :lol: :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:44 pm I keep remembering the Nantz call on the Dak draw play and laughing

Haha, he called it as it happened. For Cowboys fans it would have been a horror show in slow motion. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Bills at KC next week. Should be a cracker.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 17, 2022, 3:47 pm
Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:44 pm I keep remembering the Nantz call on the Dak draw play and laughing

Haha, he called it as it happened. For Cowboys fans it would have been a horror show in slow motion. :lol:
“It will. They’ll be able to clock it!”

Moments later
“Oh my gosh”
That’s the real time Dallas fan reaction haha

I bet Jerreh fires McCarthy for one of the assistants. Probably Kellen Moore
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:38 pm
Matt wrote: January 17, 2022, 2:30 pm Its just come out, that Zeke's knee injury in wk 4 was a PCL. Played on it the rest of the way. No wonder he had no juice.
Should have let him get it sorted and plugged in Pollard. Pollard is a good dynamic back, suited their offence better than Zeke imo
Any news on why Dak sucked yet?
Or Beave? :D
Pollard was injured early too. Thats why. Also, PCL fix is surgery. So, they obviously decided they didn't want to do that. Then he got the torn planar fasica so it could have been even worse.

Daks the only reason we were in that final. As for parts of the yr, he was in a slump, even if he won't admit it.

Beave... umm... not sure. We bought him for this exact moment, and the discipline was awful! That's on him. Higher standards required.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Understament!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 17, 2022, 3:48 pm Bills at KC next week. Should be a cracker.
Wk early unfortunately
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 4:09 pm

“It will. They’ll be able to clock it!”

Moments later
“Oh my gosh”
That’s the real time Dallas fan reaction haha

I bet Jerreh fires McCarthy for one of the assistants. Probably Kellen Moore
I hope so. Coz not sure what McCarthy did this yr outside of pressers. They bought him here for playoffs and they screwed the pooch
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ok gents,
Draft time. Talk to me about OL options in the early 20s? Probably G, C, T, unless a gun T falls that far.

What about late round RBs. 3rd day guys?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: January 17, 2022, 5:32 pm Ok gents,
Draft time. Talk to me about OL options in the early 20s? Probably G, C, T, unless a gun T falls that far.

Tyler Linderbaum is an excellent center prospect who will go late round 1, his best pro comp in terms of style is Jason Kelce

Given Jason Kelce might retire now, and if not now certainly next year, I don’t know that he gets past all 3 of our picks if we use them but he’s the guy the pin the hopes on imo

Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson are guards who I think will be projected around the cowboys pick
And Charles Cross is a tackle prospect others like around that spot, though im not as high right now

Can’t help you on anything beyond like the top 20-30 right now. Talk to me in March lol
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

A bit early for any serious draft evals for me. Particularly in the 20s where player stocks can be more volatile. Pretty much anybody currently rated 10-50 could end up there.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 6:09 pm
Matt wrote: January 17, 2022, 5:32 pm Ok gents,

Tyler Linderbaum is an excellent center prospect who will go late round 1, his best pro comp in terms of style is Jason Kelce

Given Jason Kelce might retire now, and if not now certainly next year, I don’t know that he gets past all 3 of our picks if we use them but he’s the guy the pin the hopes on imo

Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson are guards who I think will be projected around the cowboys pick
And Charles Cross is a tackle prospect others like around that spot, though im not as high right now

Can’t help you on anything beyond like the top 20-30 right now. Talk to me in March lol
But the yrs over, so I wanna know now :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 17, 2022, 6:24 pm A bit early for any serious draft evals for me. Particularly in the 20s where player stocks can be more volatile. Pretty much anybody currently rated 10-50 could end up there.
Its definitely too early and draft szn has a lot of rollar coaster to go, but its also never too early :lol:
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

I'm still rooting for Brady or Rodgers since everyone hates when they win.

Would prefer that Mahomes didn't get another one. Not too fussed about the rest either way. Be cool if a team wins their first though. Titans, Cards, Bills, Bengals.

I think the NFC Championship is gonna be top drawer, especially if it's Green Bay vs Bucs/Rams.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think the Niners have a real shot against GB next week too, same reason as they did against Dallas today
Bad match up

The Titans, i remain convinced are frudulant.... I got the winner of Bills-KC going against the winner of GB-Niners... think those are the best 4 teams left.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 7:07 pm
Northern Raider wrote: January 17, 2022, 6:24 pm A bit early for any serious draft evals for me. Particularly in the 20s where player stocks can be more volatile. Pretty much anybody currently rated 10-50 could end up there.
Its definitely too early and draft szn has a lot of rollar coaster to go, but its also never too early :lol:
True it's never too early to talk draft. Your can even find 2023 mocks floating around. :lol:

Just a bit too early to speculate on specific draft positions like this particular query. If you're picking in the 20s you really need to evaluate all day 1/2 candidates anybody can fall or rise to to spots from current evals. Our mate Faalele is going to be a prime example. A killer combine and he could easily become a late 1st rounder.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 18, 2022, 8:11 am
Botman wrote: January 17, 2022, 7:07 pm
True it's never too early to talk draft. Your can even find 2023 mocks floating around. :lol:

Just a bit too early to speculate on specific draft positions like this particular query. If you're picking in the 20s you really need to evaluate all day 1/2 candidates anybody can fall or rise to to spots from current evals. Our mate Faalele is going to be a prime example. A killer combine and he could easily become a late 1st rounder.
2 things on Faalele. Would love to see the Pheagles add to their Aussie contingent, coz thats cool in its own right, but Id love to say the Cowboys have 1 too.

Also, it seems Duncan Fletchers kid is a pretty handy punter. Same body type as dad... 10 feet tall, not an ounce of fat or muscle on him, all skin and bones.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Need the Cards to provide an upset here to land my multi.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 18, 2022, 11:11 am Need the Cards to provide an upset here to land my multi.
I have no bloody idea what we're about to watch :lol:
Very pumped for it
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

OBJ with the opening score. Rams moving the ball well. Cards struggling with a pair of 3 and outs.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Cards getting steamrolled. They need to change something or this game will be over by half time.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Smh Kyler. Another blowout playoff game. Bring on next week
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Don't think it's possible for Kyler Murray to play any worse. It's so bad some Cards fans are calling for Josh Rosen to return.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Kingsbury addressing the team at half time.

the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Booger McFarland on the Kyler Murray interception: “What in the Carson-Wentz was what?!” :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

ive never seen Kyler play this poorly
This thing is over
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

the bone wrote: September 8, 2021, 10:04 am 2021 season predictions:

NFC division winners
Tampa Bay
Rams
Green Bay
Football team

NFC Wild Card
Seahawks
49ers
Cowboys

AFC division winners
Chiefs
Bills
Browns
Colts

AFC Wild Card
Patriots
Chargers
Ravens

NFC Championship - Bucs beat Rams
AFC Championship - Bills beat Chiefs
Super bowl - Bills beat Bucs

MVP - Mahomes wins his 2nd

DPOY - Myles Garrett

OROY - Najee Harris
DROY - Micah Parsons

Conference standings

NFCE
Washington
Dallas
Giants
Eagles
Comments: Giants Oline will destroy their chances. Eagles aren’t that bad, but by the second half of the season they’ll be in tank mode, and we’ve seen the lengths they’ll go to when in that position.

NFCS
Bucs
Saints
Panthers
Falcons

NFCW
Rams
Seahawks
Niners
Cardinals
Comments: I’ve said a few times that Kyler is overrated. Not to say he isn’t good, but people gush over his highlight plays rather than looking at the whole package. I think the Cardinals are in for a dud year in a tough division.

NFCN
Packers
Vikings
Bears
Lions

AFCE
Bills
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets

AFCS
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
Texans

AFCN
Browns
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals

AFCW
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos

Top 2 draft picks:
1. Texans
2. Lions

Coaches sacked: Kliff, Fangio and Culley
Funny to look back at this now. Not sure why I picked WFT over Dallas for NFCE… I guess I was a believer in Fitzmagic. My championship games will both materialize a week early in the divisional round.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

What just happened? Someone stretchered off while I'm trying to help my girls learn to knit from youtube.
Shoving it in your face since 2017