2015 Golden Boogs contenders

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Should there be a 2015 Golden Boogs Awards?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2015 Golden Boogs contenders

Post by greeneyed »

The vote tally still says nine.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

2015 Golden Boogs contenders

Post by Toviii »

On Tapatalk on my phone, sorry.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

simo wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:Wasn't this due to happen like 2 weeks ago?
your mums a boogs
Touché
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Lucy said he's happy to help out in any capacity needed, TR
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

The Nickman wrote:Lucy said he's happy to help out in any capacity needed, TR
I really am. All you have to do is yelp for help.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, with 10 'yes' votes from 2900 registered members, it's clear that there is a huge groundswell of support for the continuation of the Golden Boogs.

What date suits us all for this gala event? Nickman will need quite a bit of notice to get his waxing done.

Schifty, with the powers invested in me under the authority of The GE, I appoint you to lead the Boogs Publicity Team. Perhaps we could chat via PM (or through my grindr account) about how we're going to go about all this.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Lucy said he's happy to help out in any capacity needed, TR
I really am. All you have to do is yelp for help.
No. I don't like you.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think he meant The GH.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:I think he meant The GH.
I know what I meant.

Your late play for Most Understated Poster Who Actually Rules With An Iron Fist is blatant.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Well, with 10 'yes' votes from 2900 registered members, it's clear that there is a huge groundswell of support for the continuation of the Golden Boogs.

What date suits us all for this gala event? Nickman will need quite a bit of notice to get his waxing done.

Schifty, with the powers invested in me under the authority of The GE, I appoint you to lead the Boogs Publicity Team. Perhaps we could chat via PM (or through my grindr account) about how we're going to go about all this.
Is you account still Elexiston4Noosa?

(Sorry I couldn't think of a localised pun)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:Well, with 10 'yes' votes from 2900 registered members, it's clear that there is a huge groundswell of support for the continuation of the Golden Boogs.

I just self editted my response.

As Boogs Organiser, I have a Position In Society to maintain.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
Schifty wrote:

I just self editted my response.

As Boogs Organiser, I have a Position In Society to maintain.
Don't worry, it's not like these world's will ever cross in real life and you'll be meeting with people with plans to overthrow a government.

#KimchiKoalition
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Where do I vote on the individual awards?
Also, can we have a new Award for the best 'insides scoop'? I'm no good with names but perhaps the 'Lurking Mole' award?
I'd like to nominate whoever started the Paulo and Taupau rumours please.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Good lord man! Voting?

Schifty is just going to choose names randomly.

If he ever gets his hashtag campaign started.

#Choker

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Good lord man! Voting?

#Choker
The corporate giant that is the GH again bully in the little guy.

Next you'll be asking to create one of those viral video things.

#YouCantBuyTrends
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Good lord man! Voting?

#Choker
The corporate giant that is the GH again bullying the little guy.

Next you'll be asking to create one of those viral video things.

#YouCantBuyTrends
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

#nottrending
#haventgoneviral
#sackschifty

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:
I know what I meant.

Your late play for Most Understated Poster Who Actually Rules With An Iron Fist is blatant.
So clearly I'm a lock for the new Kim Jong Un Award.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote:
I know what I meant.

#innovatethinking
#hailthedearleader

#sackschifty

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote:
I know what I meant.

#innovatethinking
#hailthedearleader

#sackschifty
#LeakingLikeaSiv

#TurnbullOfTheGH <--------#TrendThat
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I thought GE was Conroy? Is that bloke still alive?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

GE is definitely George Brandis.

I'd say Dubby is Pyne.

#GHmembersasMPs.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

You wouldn't want to be the Peter Dutton of the GH, that's for sure.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Let's do it on a Tuesday.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

#justice4pigman
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

#zeropercent
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Schifty wrote:GE is definitely George Brandis.

I'd say Dubby is Pyne.

#GHmembersasMPs.
Im more Cory Bernardi
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

You saying you're a fan of canines?