2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs - THE AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY 7PM

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote:Dr Zaius and I are friends. There's no rivalry.
That's not for you to decide.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:

:lol:

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Obsession of the Year

Dr Zaius and Queensland
charlie11 and Cronin
The Greenhouse and LUKE PAGE

The GH and Luke Page – 53%
Charlie and Cronin – 30%
Dr Zaius and Queensland 17%

Thankfully with this departure we can close the book on that one.

#NotEvenTryingWithPuns
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That was the right winner.

Worst case of collective madness since Dutch Tulip Fever

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LUKE PAGE just needed to be given a chance.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:Nice to see an outsider get up.

Betting markets were miles off.

Still time to change your mind on the next category...

Newbie of the Year
$2.67 zim
$2.67 Hello123
$2.67 Sid

Classic old school pick em here, can not seperate the 3. All good new posters and all of them likely Lucy alts. The bookies are giving you your choice at odds here
Sid has come home with a roaring wet sail here and i think that'll be enough to get him home. The other two guys go alright... unless they've been wrong lately but we've had sooo many wrong **** around here of late it's hard to keep up.

Newbie of the Year

Toviii
Manchild
cat
zim

Tough one pick here and the voting agreed but in the end..

Zim – 45%
Hello123 – 35%
Sid – 20%

Congratulations Zim, you're now join previous winner Nickman on this list..

#LetThatSinkIn
Damn, thought I took the survey enough times to win
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Schifty wrote:
^ this is why he should have been crowned funniest poster
:lol:
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

GH wins obsession??? Congratulations

Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Hello123 wrote:
Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:Nice to see an outsider get up.

Betting markets were miles off.

Still time to change your mind on the next category...

Newbie of the Year
$2.67 zim
$2.67 Hello123
$2.67 Sid

Classic old school pick em here, can not seperate the 3. All good new posters and all of them likely Lucy alts. The bookies are giving you your choice at odds here
Sid has come home with a roaring wet sail here and i think that'll be enough to get him home. The other two guys go alright... unless they've been wrong lately but we've had sooo many wrong **** around here of late it's hard to keep up.

Newbie of the Year

Toviii
Manchild
cat
zim

Tough one pick here and the voting agreed but in the end..

Zim – 45%
Hello123 – 35%
Sid – 20%

Congratulations Zim, you're now join previous winner Nickman on this list..

#LetThatSinkIn
Damn, thought I took the survey enough times to win
Hot field. Gotta vote early and often.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Schifty wrote:Time for the award which really is the most important of the night, if people want news they read associated press articles. Forums are all about the humour.

This year's nominees see the Hooter with his weekly column come up against Reptar, the lovable inoffensive, non polarizing poster who makes plenty of contribution to weekly NRL round threads.

The last nominee is someone who is possibly under the impression that this is a current affairs forum with a Raiders subsection.. The slightly left wing views of #Auspol may then even filter onto those boards.

Anyway will humour that comes from overcompensating from self-loathing be enough to snatch the award from posters that actually spend a majority of their time talking Rugby League?

The answer is no..

Matt Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

Schifty
reptar
The Hooter

Reptar – 48%
Schifty – 32%
Hooter – 20%

Well done Reptar, although unfortunately by association your humour is grouped with last year's winner Nickman...
Oh wow! This is truly unexpected! I'd like to thank my pet cat, and T_R so obviously felt sorry for me!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

No longer just an awkwardly mumbled cliche between Pigman and his late-night Tinder matches, the next award carries real cachet around these parts. Who is the time-poor but knowledge-rich poster of 2015...?

Quality over quantity
$2.50 RedRaider
$1.50 Seiffert82
$4.00 Matt
$2.20 charlie11

The favourite here is a very good poster who should out class the rest of the field. RedRaider always polls well here and could offer a stiff challenge, Matt probably posts a bit too much to warrant votes in this category and Charlie offended too many with his love for Cronin
This is a **** brutal field. I like Charlie as explained above, and Seiffert seems like a good egg. Matt posts more than me, what in the **** is he doing in this poll? Jesus H **** Christ. RedRaider needs to deliver his blow by **** blow summary's of games before I give that **** a **** ounce of respect. BRING EM BACK RR! The fans are demanding it

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

reptar wrote: Oh wow! This is truly unexpected! I'd like to thank my pet cat, and T_R so obviously felt sorry for me!
What does Cat have to say about being your pet?

... Ill get my coat
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pigman wrote:
reptar wrote: Oh wow! This is truly unexpected! I'd like to thank my pet cat, and T_R so obviously felt sorry for me!
What does Cat have to say about being your pet?

... Ill get my coat
Cheers for confirming why you weren't a nominee for that award.

Although you are an award winner, so I'm just going to sit int he corner with my zero wins.

Last edited by Schifty on December 22, 2015, 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
Schifty wrote:Time for the award which really is the most important of the night, if people want news they read associated press articles. Forums are all about the humour.

This year's nominees see the Hooter with his weekly column come up against Reptar, the lovable inoffensive, non polarizing poster who makes plenty of contribution to weekly NRL round threads.

The last nominee is someone who is possibly under the impression that this is a current affairs forum with a Raiders subsection.. The slightly left wing views of #Auspol may then even filter onto those boards.

Anyway will humour that comes from overcompensating from self-loathing be enough to snatch the award from posters that actually spend a majority of their time talking Rugby League?

The answer is no..

Schifty
reptar
The Hooter

Reptar – 48%
Schifty – 32%
Hooter – 20%

Well done Reptar, although unfortunately by association your humour is grouped with last year's winner Nickman...
Oh wow! This is truly unexpected! I'd like to thank my pet cat, and T_R so obviously felt sorry for me!
Frank the Black Cat was there for you.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Quality over quantity, aka the polar opposite of my twitter account. *tweets photo of 2 clouds*

Quality over quantity

RedRaider
Seiffert82
Matt
charlie11

Red Raider – 35%
Seiffert82 – 27%
Charlie 11 – 22%
Matt – 16%

Well Done Red Raider, showing that not posting your every thought can pay dividends.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That'll be a tad controversial. Is RedRaider still riding his rep for blow-by-blow commentaries from 2013?

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Anyway our next award is Best Football Brain.

#IfYouDontGetThatReferenceFyourself
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Schifty wrote:Had to make some calls to confirm this.. But it seems the winner is..

Blake Austin As Ragnar – 51%
Hakuna Rapana – 32%
The Statman 17%

Part of me just died.
Woah... Thanks for the votes guys! Sorry I've missed most of the ceremony (work's been a killer lately), but am definitely chuffed for all the votes :D
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:That'll be a tad controversial. Is RedRaider still riding his rep for blow-by-blow commentaries from 2013?
I cant believe he isnt still doing it! **** that was the best part on the ENTIRE **** FORUM!

Jesus **** christ, RR. Sort it **** out
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:

The answer is no..

Schifty
reptar
The Hooter

Reptar – 48%
Schifty – 32%
Hooter – 20%

Frank the Black Cat was there for you.
You've been watching my Instagram feed! I'm not sure if that's good or creepy
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The next one is a biggie. Rivaling the Daley C for the biggest expert on the forum, Best Football Brain consistently turns up the GH thought leader, as well as delivering a worthy 0.0% to the also-rans. Too close to call this year, for mine.

Best football brain
$2.90 Matt
$2.61 RedRaider
$3.67 Pigman

Very close field this one and I expect the voting to be quite close. RedRaider usually polls well in these things, Matt has too many japes made at his expense and Pigman is probably too divisive to get the nod here.
I don't want to come across as being rude or arrogant, but if this is honestly the field, Pigman should win in a canter. What ever you think of Pigman, there is really not a lot of doubt he knows what he's talking about. Where as his competition are known for things like recounting the game blow by blow without any unique analysis and Milford > Slater. Give me what is rightfully mine, I promise I wont rub your **** noses in it... well not much anyways

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Well that just serves to encourage me! :lol:
Bad luck Statt, looks like ill be telling you where you got it wrong again in 2016!
Fashionably late as usual , but awesome! I love Piggys input.
Im ok with sharing the award, r u Piggy?!?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

T_R wrote:The next one is a biggie. Rivaling the Daley C for the biggest swingin' dick on the forum, Best Football Brain consistently turns up the forum thought leader, as well as delivering a worth 0.0% to the also-rans. Too close to call this year, for mine.

Best football brain
$2.90 Matt
$2.61 RedRaider
$3.67 Pigman

Very close field this one and I expect the voting to be quite close. RedRaider usually polls well in these things, Matt has too many japes made at his expense and Pigman is probably too divisive to get the nod here.
I don't want to come across as being rude or arrogant, but if this is honestly the field, Pigman should win in a canter. What ever you think of Pigman, there is really not a lot of doubt he knows what he's talking about. Where as his competition are known for things like recounting the game blow by blow without any unique analysis and Milford > Slater. Give me what is rightfully mine, I promise I wont rub your **** noses in it... well not much anyways

RR better win, otherwise it gonna be a long yr 1 way or the other :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Matt wrote:
Bad luck Statt, looks like ill be telling you where you got it wrong again in 2016!
I'd say not...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Matt wrote:
T_R wrote:The next one is a biggie. Rivaling the Daley C for the biggest swingin' dick on the forum, Best Football Brain consistently turns up the forum thought leader, as well as delivering a worth 0.0% to the also-rans. Too close to call this year, for mine.

Best football brain
$2.90 Matt
$2.61 RedRaider
$3.67 Pigman

It's RedRaider or collective agony :lol:

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

T_R wrote:
Matt wrote:

Best football brain
$2.90 Matt
$2.61 RedRaider
$3.67 Pigman

It's RedRaider or collective agony :lol:

In a word... YES
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote:
Matt wrote:
I'd say not...
Im happy too... with another year under my belt, im confident Matt will be a valuable member of the forum community by 2017
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

To quote former winner Woodgers "Winning this is like being named the best halfback in Latvia". You can all read into that whatever you want. Also that quote may have been in relation to something else but since when are facts important on the GH?

Best football brain

Matt
RedRaider
Pigman

Best Football Brain

RedRaider – 40%
Pigman – 36%
Matt – 24%

#AtLeastPigmanDidntWin

#fApostrophesInHashtags
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Matt wrote:
I'd say not...
Im happy too... with another year under my belt, im confident Matt will be a valuable member of the forum community by 2017
:roflmao
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Schifty wrote:To quote former winner Woodgers "Winning this is like being named the bets halfback in Latvia". You can all read into that whatever you want. Also that quote may have been in relation to something else but since when are facts important on the GH?

Best Football Brain

RedRaider – 40%
Pigman – 36%
Matt – 24%

#AtLeastPigmanDidntWin

#fApostrophesInHashtags
Well thats good news. 40 to 36 is a bit close though. GH, what were u thinking???
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Pigman had 37% too much.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Nah, I'm calling that as a fair result.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

We've had reports about a robbery here...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Nick really is going for the Matt Elliott Award 2016. That was quite funny.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pigman wrote:Image
We've had reports about a robbery here...
This is what you get when you have the first past the post system of voting.

Surely preferential voting should be considered next year so you lose by a bigger margin?