Fear The Walking Dead Season 2

Post by Dr Zaius »

Who's watching? Thoughts?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Fear The Walking Dead Season 2

Post by Manbush »

Watched the first two episodes and still not excited by it.

Finished watching Z Nation though for a zombie fix, **** best ending to a series ever :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush wrote:Watched the first two episodes and still not excited by it.

Finished watching Z Nation though for a zombie fix, **** best ending to a series ever :lol:
Which season?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

More zombies! Why wasn't I told before?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I view it more like training video; the GEs of this world are cactus when the zombies come.

FTWD is a poor relation to TWD, which means it's not quite as ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' AWESOME as the original.

Also, Im drunk at lunchtime again.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:I view it more like training video; the GEs of this world are cactus when the zombies come.

FTWD is a poor relation to TWD, which means it's not quite as ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' AWESOME as the original.

Also, Im drunk at lunchtime again.
Please take over the GH twitter account for a few hours.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Manbush wrote:Watched the first two episodes and still not excited by it.

Which season?
:lol:

I thought it was a one season show until you just made me look it up, how the **** do they continue it after hundreds of nuclear missiles have been fired over America :shock: :lol:

Edit: Thanks Doc, Netflix only had season 1 but found 2 on Daily Motion app on PS4.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I watch it, but it's not as good as TWD.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

No its not as good as TWD, but I'm not sure that its a fair comparison. TWD is a well established series in its 6th season. This series is just starting its second (short) season. Its focused on a very different part of the timeline compared to TWD, that being the early days which TWD leap frogged. It doesn't have me on the edge of my seat like TWD, but I'm enjoying it.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Obviously it's not as good as TWD but few shows are. It still makes for a good Monday night fix. I like that the Zombies are much 'fresher' and that the survivors haven't really worked out how to kill them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Watched Episode 3

One of the better ones yet. The Chris character is developing nicely after I was hoping he'd get ripped to shreds in the first season
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How many ZOMBIES were init?
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Im enjoying it but so many of the characters are complete dimwits and unlikeable.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:How many ZOMBIES were init?
Lots and lots!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote:
greeneyed wrote:How many ZOMBIES were init?
Lots and lots!
Yah!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-GD- wrote:Im enjoying it but so many of the characters are complete dimwits and unlikeable.
That's what I find. TWD had Rick, Shane and Morgan in the first episode, and you go on to meet Glen, Dale, Daryl and Merle.

FTWD has a stoner that lacks any sort of charm, a interracial couple that have absolutely zero chemistry. In fact Travis and Madison NEVER smile. They are so bloody dour and dull.
Alicia is eye candy, but a dimwit.
Chris is just a sook.
Daniel is getting a bit tiresome.
Ofelia... Like Beth from TWD she has no purpose

I enjoy watching it, but I do hope the characters become more likeable.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The only likeable character I find is the old Mexican dad.

Ps Dubby he's a junkie not a stoner :P
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Manbush wrote:The only likeable character I find is the old Mexican dad.

Ps Dubby he's a junkie not a stoner :P
Daniel is annoying. Suspicious of everything, yet he's the one who tortured a marine and has lied to his daughter about his past.

Thanks for correcting me on the delicate balance between stoner and junkie Image Image

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Just watched Episode 3. Definitely digging it. But we're halfway through the season? It needs to be longer.

Alex is looking like an interesting character.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

EJ wrote:Just watched Episode 3. Definitely digging it. But we're halfway through the season? It needs to be longer.

Na there is 15 eps this season.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Oh, good stuff then
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-GD- wrote:
EJ wrote:Just watched Episode 3. Definitely digging it. But we're halfway through the season? It needs to be longer.

Where did you hear that? Wikipedia only has 6 listed.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Interesting that the new Asian lass used to be on Neighbours is from nz as is Travis , and Alicia is an Aussie.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:Interesting that the new Asian lass used to be on Neighbours is from nz as is Travis , and Alicia is an Aussie.

I think that the new Asian lass has gone bye bye
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Dr Zaius wrote:
-GD- wrote:

I was going off IMDB
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-GD- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
-GD- wrote:

I was going off IMDB
Probably more credible than wiki
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Dr Zaius wrote:
dubby wrote:Interesting that the new Asian lass used to be on Neighbours is from nz as is Travis , and Alicia is an Aussie.

You reckon? I doubt that. They've quickly painted her as a badass and made her pretty interesting in limited time. Her and burns victim will make it back. We've yet to find out why Alex owes her life to him yet.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

15 it is.

AMC announced today from the Television Critics Association Press Tour a 15-episode order for Season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead, which will air in 2016.
http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walki ... d-season-2
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dr Zaius wrote:

Imdb has her down as being in many episodes

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:

Imdb has her down as being in many episodes

Cool, seems like a good character. I assume that she is also in the Web episodes "Zombies on a plane".
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Hey Doc just finished s02e08 of Z Nation, I keep wondering how they can get weirder each episode and introducing aliens has to take the cake, they've already nuked a fridge literally I'm now waiting for them to jump an actual shark, bizarre show but I'm loving it :lol:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

FTWD a bit of character background on Strand, and he invited some badass to the family
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I enjoyed the last episode. I was a bit confused when the helicopter flew over nick when he got out of the surf

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Can't quite get into FTWD. Maybe it'll improve as it goes along.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm the same. It's ok. I just like looking at Alicia.