Ryan Carr to England

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Anglo
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Ryan Carr to England

Post by Anglo »

A report in the British media suggests that Mounties coach Ryan Carr is set to take over as head coach at Championship team Featherstone Rovers.

Featherstone Rovers set to confirm former Mounties coach Ryan Carr as new head coach

Former Mounties coach Ryan Carr has agreed to join Championship club, Featherstone Rovers, to replace outgoing coach John Duffy, who controversially departed the club to join Leigh.

It’s understood officials at Canberra, the Mounties’ parent club, fielded enquires about Carr last week. The Featherstone chairman, Mark Campbell, flew out to Australia last month and is understood to have held talks with several candidates before appointing Carr.

Read more: http://www.totalrl.com/fev-to-appoint-n ... MceDynzvKM
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Ryan Carr to England

Post by greeneyed »

Carr replaced as Mounties coach by Peter Marrapodi in early November.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33098
Anglo
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Anglo »

Ok I didn't know that (I'm a Featherstone fan), was he fired or left for some other reason? Seems (from afar) that he had a pretty good 1st season as head coach?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yes, he seemed to be going pretty well, until Mounties lost Craig Garvey and then the wheels fell off a bit. Mounties were running first for a big part of the season. All we know is what's in the coaching restructure announcement from the Raiders (the Mounties coach is selected by the Raiders).
Anglo
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Anglo »

Carr becomes Rovers boss

FEATHERSTONE ROVERS are pleased to announce the appointment of Ryan Carr as the club’s new head coach on a two-year deal with the club.

Carr said: ”I have known of the club and of the Championship for a long time now. I know it is a proud club with a lot of history and I have heard a lot good things about it.

"I know people who have come from Australia to play here and I know people who have played against Featherstone. And they have always said that they are really competitive and really hard to beat.

Read more: https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/ne ... boss-iDV7u
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Ryan Carr has the Featherstone Rovers going deep into finals to determine which side will be promoted to ESL.

"Featherstone, which finished fifth during the regular season, advances to play the loser of Sunday's semifinal between the Toronto Wolfpack and the visiting Toulouse Olympique. The Toronto-Toulouse winner moves into the Oct. 5 Grand Final with a place in the top-tier Super League on the line.

The top five teams in the second-tier rugby league championship advanced to the promotion playoffs. Featherstone has already dispatched No. 4 Leigh Centurions and No 3 York, with both wins coming on the road."(Source: Canadian Press Sept 21. 2019)
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Parramatta Eels snare highly rated assistant

Parramatta are set for a major boost, with the appointment of Ryan Carr as an assistant coach for next season.

Carr will take over from former Wests Tigers head coach Mick Potter, who will leave the club after just one season.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-c ... 4fde1c83a2
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

And now he has become a(n) (interim) head coach.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

This explains the reports on ABC radio this morning that the ACT Greens want to make Civic Carr free.