Chris O'Sullivan

Re: Raiders Review with Blake and The Pork

Post by Roy Rover »

Out Now Episode 79 - The Return Of The Shoeman

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Matt Le Nevez finally showed a gap in his knowledge of Raiders news! The Raiders chose not to participate in the NRLW until they had facilities for the women players at Braddon and had built up pathways. They actually turned the NRL down initially. They’ve not been rejected as an entrant previously.

Don’t worry Matt… you’re surely one of the most knowledgeable Raiders podcasters around! ;)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Honestly, Arnie J is the funniest thing on the show! It’s outstanding.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Out Now Episode 80 - Oh Hodgo

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I want what Matt Le Nevez was on this week! Last week wasn’t too bad?

And guys… Steve Walters was unjustly overlooked as the best hooker in the Team of the Century. He’s clearly only second to Cameron Smith as the best hooker of all time. Come on! You all lost it this week!
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Out Now Episode 81 - Matt's Got A Semi

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Getting too long boys. It’ll be as long and drawn out as The Green Machine Podcast soon. Not enough Blake.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Longer just means more quality podcast content for the fans GE!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: March 31, 2022, 6:26 am Longer just means more quality podcast content for the fans GE!!!
I did go to sleep last night listening to the GMP about half way through. But I finished today, and heard a shout out! Normally I wouldn't as I switch off when I get to that part!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: March 31, 2022, 11:27 am
Coastalraider wrote: March 31, 2022, 6:26 am Longer just means more quality podcast content for the fans GE!!!
I did go to sleep last night listening to the GMP about half way through. But I finished today, and heard a shout out! Normally I wouldn't as I switch off when I get to that part!
Haha! Well, can I suggest if you are pushed for time try and prioritise the number 1 raiders podcast as voted by Raiders fans GMP. If you have time after that, I strongly suggest our good friends and Blake and the Pork and the Actor.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I did like the bit about "your favourite country ground". Matt says Canberra Stadium... Nick says Central Coast Stadium... Soulsy says I did go to Junee once and saw Laurie Daley Oval, but they weren't playing a game at the time! No one had really gone to a game played at a small country ground. It doesn't surprise me. Playing at small, substandard venues in small population centres is not sensible. I don't mind a road trip for a trial, but playing NRL games in the bush is not the way to grow the game.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: March 31, 2022, 12:58 pm I did like the bit about "your favourite country ground". Matt says Canberra Stadium... Nick says Central Coast Stadium... Soulsy says I did go to Junee once and saw Laurie Daley Oval, but they weren't playing a game at the time! No one had really gone to a game played at a small country ground. It doesn't surprise me. Playing at small, substandard venues in small population centres is not sensible. I don't mind a road trip for a trial, but playing NRL games in the bush is not the way to grow the game.
Unless it’s prolonged investment in the area,like the panthers have done with Bathurst. Pathways, and an annual event.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Here are some unsolicited thoughts in numerical order, hopefully you don't mind some honest constructive critisism. Obviously, take these thoughts with a grain of salt....

1. I agree with the guy above, the show's getting too long. If you can keep it to about 40ish minutes I think it's the ideal length. Podcasts that ramble for hours tend to lose my interest because the structure of the show gets lost....and there's just not over an hours worth of interesting material, no offence.

2. The new guy Matt isn't working...he's just getting in the way of the Blake/Pork dynamic, which in all honesty is the best bit about the show. He's not bad as such..... but he doesn't really add anything to this particular podcast in my opinion....tell the media he has an injury, sorry Matt.

3. Too many boring guest monologues (the shark, danny stuart etc).....I don't know who they are, they're not that funny....I just don't care.

4. Arny J is great....genuinely interesting insights into the game delivered with an energy and vibrance I've yet to see in my lifetime. He's an absolute tour de force.

I'm a big fan of the podcast, I never miss an episode....but due to the points above it feels like it's slowly turning into the green machine podcast, which isn't a good thing.

Also...what's the 'three knees' nickname about!?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If someone could translate what Danny Stuart had to say, that’d be great. It was indecipherable.

It’s good to have Matt Le Nevez on sometimes… but I agree it’s affecting the dynamic. When you have three people having their say on everything, it basically guarantees the podcast is a third longer. Anything longer than about an hour is getting to be too long.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: March 31, 2022, 4:08 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 31, 2022, 12:58 pm I did like the bit about "your favourite country ground". Matt says Canberra Stadium... Nick says Central Coast Stadium... Soulsy says I did go to Junee once and saw Laurie Daley Oval, but they weren't playing a game at the time! No one had really gone to a game played at a small country ground. It doesn't surprise me. Playing at small, substandard venues in small population centres is not sensible. I don't mind a road trip for a trial, but playing NRL games in the bush is not the way to grow the game.
Unless it’s prolonged investment in the area,like the panthers have done with Bathurst. Pathways, and an annual event.
You don’t need to stage your premium product in a country town to do it though, and I don’t think clubs should. You should be maximising your attendances for your premium product. I certainly support the investment in the country and taking trial matches to the regions. We actually saw trials being staged in Sydney this year which is ridiculous.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

raidersmalt wrote: March 31, 2022, 7:20 pm Here are some unsolicited thoughts in numerical order, hopefully you don't mind some honest constructive critisism. Obviously, take these thoughts with a grain of salt....

1. I agree with the guy above, the show's getting too long. If you can keep it to about 40ish minutes I think it's the ideal length. Podcasts that ramble for hours tend to lose my interest because the structure of the show gets lost....and there's just not over an hours worth of interesting material, no offence.

2. The new guy Matt isn't working...he's just getting in the way of the Blake/Pork dynamic, which in all honesty is the best bit about the show. He's not bad as such..... but he doesn't really add anything to this particular podcast in my opinion....tell the media he has an injury, sorry Matt.

3. Too many boring guest monologues (the shark, danny stuart etc).....I don't know who they are, they're not that funny....I just don't care.

4. Arny J is great....genuinely interesting insights into the game delivered with an energy and vibrance I've yet to see in my lifetime. He's an absolute tour de force.

I'm a big fan of the podcast, I never miss an episode....but due to the points above it feels like it's slowly turning into the green machine podcast, which isn't a good thing.

Thanks for the feedback.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

More ARSECLOWN/ASSCLOWN beanies are available now but like last time they're super limited (just 25 made) and won't last long.

Buy here https://www.landspeed.com.au/products/b ... 2CNHQ25TdA
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Roy Rover wrote: April 1, 2022, 12:09 pm
raidersmalt wrote: March 31, 2022, 7:20 pm Here are some unsolicited thoughts in numerical order, hopefully you don't mind some honest constructive critisism. Obviously, take these thoughts with a grain of salt....

Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry, I was probably being overly harsh. It's still my favourite podcast!
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Out Now Episode 82 - Our Mullet's Bigger Than Yours

Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

No podcast this week sorry guys.

I've come down with covid and don't have it in me to do it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roy Rover wrote: April 13, 2022, 1:12 pm No podcast this week sorry guys.

Get well soon Blake.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

greeneyed wrote: April 13, 2022, 1:21 pm

Get well soon Blake.
Thanks GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roy Rover wrote: April 13, 2022, 2:42 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 13, 2022, 1:21 pm

Get well soon Blake.
Thanks GE
I've even resorted to listening to the Raider Nick podcast. :doubt: :lol:
Darren Fritz
Peter Jackson

Post by Darren Fritz »

Roy Rover wrote: April 1, 2022, 12:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
Raidersmalt = arseclown of the week! It's the best raiders podcast by a mile (although do agree the 3rd host has interrupted the great Blake-Pork dynamic).
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Out Now Episode 83 - Run Straight You Bastards

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Good episode guys. A couple of things I strongly disagree on:

- Savage going over the sideline. That’s on Ricky putting the guy on with the expectation of saving the game. Put him on early in that second half and let him play into a game with a lead, and open up your attack instead of playing a dumbarse conservative protect 12 points mindset.

- Which brings me to disagreeing with supporting Ricky for the good stuff, when his tactics are utter ****. They’ve always been a problem, but the game moved from where his plan works. It’s the Groundhog Day crap and stubbornness that gets to fans. Ricky needs to bring in coaching support for tactics, so he can focus on the rest that he does really well.

- Captain’s challenge. Needs to stay. Takes so much pressure and focus off the refs if it’s in your hands to be able to stop it. The Raiders are utter **** at using it, but that doesn’t mean the system is broken - the Raiders are. I am dumbfounded by how bad the Raiders are at captain’s challenges, it really shows how lacking they are in game understanding and awareness that they think they’re the decisions to make.

I don’t even mind teams giving a deliberate penalty to get the review, just make sure you sin bin anyone who does it and is wrong.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I deliberately avoid this podcast
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You seem to be making it a habit of deliberately avoiding good content.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This is a great podcast, a good listen every week.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

It’s actually my favourite podcast, Raiders related or not.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

This is a great listen dubby, but here’s a tip for all the young players…

It’s free content, that people give up their time to create for those that ‘want’ to listen. If you don’t… that’s easy. Don’t download it!
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Out Now Episode 84 - Bring Back Crocker

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

dubby got a shout out this week! I got “champed” the other day on the GMP too!
Hillsraider
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Mark McLinden

Post by Hillsraider »

Listening to it now...Ivan Cleary is an early highlight!