Kayo

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Kayo

Post by T_R »

Yes or no?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Kayo

Post by Coastalraider »

I like it.

I got it for the A-league as the Mariners never get free to air either.

The biggest advantage I have seen is that if you are running late, you can watch live, or watch from the start, which I haven't seen before. So for the 6pm games I can have dinner with the kids and watch it on a 20 minute delay.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Yeah I like it. I find no matter what different service I’ve used streaming live sport onto a television is never quite as fluent I guess.

But it’s more than watchable and so, so much cheaper than the alternative.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yes, I think they’ve done a good job setting it up.

I realise now I’ve placed you in a predicament with two yes responses from people you respect and a yes from me which should immediately make you consider no...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:Yes, I think they’ve done a good job setting it up.

I realise now I’ve placed you in a predicament with two yes responses from people you respect and a yes from me which should immediately make you consider no... Image
I respect you.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Well played sir. Now I’m in a bind.

Think that means I don’t respect myself...
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'd say yes if I could be bothered to get rid of my Foxtel

I tried the free trial over summer, it's good
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Are the foxtel NRL shows on Kayo? NRL360 and such?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jason wrote: March 28, 2019, 12:29 am Are the foxtel NRL shows on Kayo? NRL360 and such?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/articl ... le-on-Kayo

https://kayosports.com.au/sports/sport!league
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I cut the cord on Foxtel earlier this year.
Was paying about $75 a month for Foxtel and really only ever watched sport on it, the kids wanted on demand ****, not whatever was on the kids channels and the tv shows my wife and i are most interested in were mostly on Netflix.
So we did the Neflix and Kayo double, which is costing me about $40 a month, and so far it's been a resounding success

The streams on Kayo can sometimes be a bit ****, but once you refresh and restart it seems to sort itself out.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, I started up my free trial period on Kayo last night. It's a bit of a nuisance having to run it through a laptop (no app apparently for my TV yet), but the quality was good and the range of sport on offer was great.

Foxtel at our house is a nightmare because of tall trees surrounding the place breaking the signal all the time, so this is a great alternative.
Trouble is, apparently it's a bit clever on when you're using VPNs, so can be tricky to use overseas.

Still, very happy with what I've seen of it so far.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote:Yes, I think they’ve done a good job setting it up.

I realise now I’ve placed you in a predicament with two yes responses from people you respect and a yes from me which should immediately make you consider no... Image
So, a 7 out of 9 on the gangers scale?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 9:02 am Well, I started up my free trial period on Kayo last night. It's a bit of a nuisance having to run it through a laptop (no app apparently for my TV yet), but the quality was good and the range of sport on offer was great.

Foxtel at our house is a nightmare because of tall trees surrounding the place breaking the signal all the time, so this is a great alternative.
Trouble is, apparently it's a bit clever on when you're using VPNs, so can be tricky to use overseas.

The lack of SmartTV app is hands down the most annoying part.
When i signed up, i spoke to them directly about this and they are apparently working on a SmartTV app and hope to have it available at some point "soon"

Im contemplating parlaying some of my savings on this into a Chromecast, im lead to believe i could stream off my laptop into my big screen and still use my laptop, but i dont know anyone with a chromecast to confirm this.

GH'ers
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I briefly dated a girl called Kayo, back in my early 20s, who had a bit of a fetish for our rugby change room.
Though I concede that's not immediately relevant to this discussion.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:So, a 7 out of 9 on the gangers scale?
Credit where it’s due, definitely a solid 7/9!

I might even go so far as a 52/63!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

PigRickman wrote:
T_R wrote: March 28, 2019, 9:02 am Well, I started up my free trial period on Kayo last night. It's a bit of a nuisance having to run it through a laptop (no app apparently for my TV yet), but the quality was good and the range of sport on offer was great.

When i signed up, i spoke to them directly about this and they are apparently working on a SmartTV app and hope to have it available at some point "soon"

Im contemplating parlaying some of my savings on this into a Chromecast, im lead to believe i could stream off my laptop into my big screen and still use my laptop, but i dont know anyone with a chromecast to confirm this.

GH'ers
Need a Chromecast Ultra, doesn't work with the older models. I'd cast it from the app on my phone

Works well
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

PigRickman wrote: March 28, 2019, 11:42 am

GH'ers
You can definitely cast one tab of your chrome browser to your TV and then browse the other ones on your laptop.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Schifty wrote: March 28, 2019, 6:15 pm

GH'ers
You can definitely cast one tab of your chrome browser to your TV and then browse the other ones on your laptop.
And that's with normal Chromecast, or like TW said, do i need ultra?
Thinking ill buy one in the next week or so
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote:
dubby wrote:So, a 7 out of 9 on the gangers scale?
Credit where it’s due, definitely a solid 7/9!

I might even go so far as a 52/63!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

PigRickman wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:04 pm

GH'ers
I thought the only difference between normal and Ultra was ability 4K with it?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Schifty wrote:

GH'ers
Ultra has a higher refresh rate

You'll get an error if you use the old one
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Schifty wrote: March 28, 2019, 8:02 pm

GH'ers
I... I’m a dad and a bald husband
I’ve had to accept I’m no longer at the forefront of technology haha

So maybe you can tell me?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, the game tonight starts at 5pm QLD time, and I can't get home for it. I guess I'll try Kayo's live-but-not-quite live function.

I'm a nervous wreck in case it doesn't work.

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

T_R wrote: March 29, 2019, 8:47 am Well, the game tonight starts at 5pm QLD time, and I can't get home for it. I guess I'll try Kayo's live-but-not-quite live function.

I'm a nervous wreck in case it doesn't work.
HJw did the ‘live delay’ work for you TR? I was streaming the match from my phone via chrome cast.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It was perfect

Very pleased!

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:I briefly dated a girl called Kayo, back in my early 20s, who had a bit of a fetish for our rugby change room.
Can we please hear more about this Kayo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Rickman wrote:
T_R wrote:I briefly dated a girl called Kayo, back in my early 20s, who had a bit of a fetish for our rugby change room.

15 minutes?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Late to the thread, but it's a yes from me. Foxtel costing $80/ month and all I watched was sport .
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just bought Sony Android TVs, so we can use the app directly in the system without fiddling around with laptops or Chromecast or whatnot.

In love with Kayo.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:Just bought Sony Android TVs, so we can use the app directly in the system without fiddling around with laptops or Chromecast or whatnot.

In love with Kayo.
I'm still waiting for a Samsung app. But Chromecast works fine. I need it for crunchyroll anyway
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

reptar wrote: April 13, 2019, 2:04 pm
The Rickman wrote:

15 minutes?
I feel like the actual reason for the creation of this thread was to bring up this story... but I'm subscribed.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: April 17, 2019, 8:01 am Just bought Sony Android TVs, so we can use the app directly in the system without fiddling around with laptops or Chromecast or whatnot.

In love with Kayo.
The app or the girl?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I now have Kayo too, and I've only exclusively used it to watch the last two raiders wins so far... money well spent IMO.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Hey so with kayo, I've gotten it now for the cricket world cup given there was a $5 month promotion fee going. How does the 2 device streaming thing work? Say I want to stream a Raiders match on one TV with chromecast, and a cricket world cup match on another TV, can I do that from a single phone or can I give another family member access to the account and they stream the other match to their TV? Still not clear on that aspect.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

You can do split screen on the same device, but you won't be able to cast split screen

Ie can watch two channels on your phone at once, but if you cast it to the TV it will be just the one channel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk