Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Post by The Nickman »

'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington checked himself into 'a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues'

"Game of Thrones" star Kit Harington is spending time at mental health retreat, INSIDER confirmed.

His stay at the wellness retreat was first reported by Page Six. Sources told the publication that the ending of the show "really hit him hard."

Harington has previously said that the show and its ending have taken a toll on his mental health.

"The final day of shooting, I felt fine . . . I felt fine . . . I felt fine. . . Then I went to do my last shots and started hyperventilating a bit," he told Esquire in story published in April. "Then they called, 'Wrap!' And I just broke down. It was this onslaught of relief and grief about not being able to do this again."

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment ... spartanntp

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or the Greg Inglis thread, but this is pretty heavy stuff.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Post by Botman »

You pour your life into something like this for so long, i can appreciate that could create a really strong feeling of being lost when it's all gone and you dont know whats to come next.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I read other quotes where he'd said that no matter what else he ever does, this show will be the greatest thing he has ever done etc etc.

It was a great show and he should be proud of his work and he poured a decade into it... but it struck me as a bit out of perspective. He's a young actor with a big following and probably a dozen other exciting projects will come his way this year, let alone over a career. Just the over-investment in it kind of struck me and the way he made it sound like he's over now, peaked...

Genuinely worrying now I recall it. Hope he's ok. He can realise that he may not (or may, who knows) ever do something as acclaimed and world conquering but you can always do things you find satisfying or are just as proud of.

But yeah you can see the parallels to a footy player who's been at the club, just won back to back premierships and now half the team is retiring or off to other clubs and fame and fortune was won but they feel lost afterward.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote:I read other quotes where he'd said that no matter what else he ever does, this show will be the greatest thing he has ever done etc etc.

It was a great show and he should be proud of his work and he poured a decade into it... but it struck me as a bit out of perspective. He's a young actor with a big following and probably a dozen other exciting projects will come his way this year, let alone over a career. Just the over-investment in it kind of struck me and the way he made it sound like he's over now, peaked...

Genuinely worrying now I recall it. Hope he's ok. He can realise that he may not (or may, who knows) ever do something as acclaimed and world conquering but you can always do things you find satisfying or are just as proud of.

But yeah you can see the parallels to a footy player who's been at the club, just won back to back premierships and now half the team is retiring or off to other clubs and fame and fortune was won but they feel lost afterward.
It really puts things in perspective too, Kit Harrington will never need money again, has the world at his feet, could go and live and do whatever he wants for the rest of his life... yet he’s checked into a mental illness clinic

It just goes to show that happiness is within our own state of mind, and has next to nothing to do with our external factors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The Rickman wrote:
BadnMean wrote:I read other quotes where he'd said that no matter what else he ever does, this show will be the greatest thing he has ever done etc etc.

It really puts things in perspective too, Kit Harrington will never need money again, has the world at his feet, could go and live and do whatever he wants for the rest of his life... yet he’s checked into a mental illness clinic

It just goes to show that happiness is within our own state of mind, and has next to nothing to do with our external factors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s really true. I don’t know if anyone has seen the video where the cast are doing the read through when they all find out Varys dies, and seeing Varys breakdown.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few cast members who have similar feelings.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I didn't see the Vary's one, but I did just see the cast finding out Jon Snow, Daenary's scene in the finale and breaking down
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The actor that played Varys was apparently pretty pissed with the direction his character took in the last few seasons and his demise.

And the actor who played Barristan Selmy was also pretty understandably miffed considering his character hasn't died yet in the books and they hadn't overtaken the books yet when they decided to kill him off. It was a weird decision.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah I read an interview with the guy who played Varys. He spoke the truth. He was saying how he felt they dumbed him down severely. That he went from one of the more influential players from Season 1 and 2, to a someone who basically that would just have a few throwaway lines concluding the episode that just happened.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

The Rickman wrote: May 30, 2019, 9:10 am The actor that played Varys was apparently pretty pissed with the direction his character took in the last few seasons and his demise.

And the actor who played Barristan Selmy was also pretty understandably miffed considering his character hasn't died yet in the books and they hadn't overtaken the books yet when they decided to kill him off. It was a weird decision.
Hmmm what does he mean by the direction Varys took? I thought he stayed pretty consistently Varys throughout... He was a very interesting character. Did he think he should have stayed a bit MORE selfish and cut-throat and done anything to survive at the end?

Well, Barristan was kind of just getting in the way. He was just always "jousting" with Sir Jorah trying to be the knightiest knight to Danaerys. It was fun for a while but in the end the Dany/Jorah bond was so much stronger and they hadn't developed Barristan much beyond "honourable old knight"-he had to go with all the other things they had to get through. He wasn't a key character, nor a very well developed one, nor one like Tormund who audiences just kind of fell in love with.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 30, 2019, 2:48 pm Yeah I read an interview with the guy who played Varys. He spoke the truth. He was saying how he felt they dumbed him down severely. That he went from one of the more influential players from Season 1 and 2, to a someone who basically that would just have a few throwaway lines concluding the episode that just happened.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Ok.

That seemed natural that he would have less influence though when half the action then was over on other continents or beyond the wall/at the wall or the land was in the chaos of war and it gets harder to have influence all the way out there or over battles.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

It all makes sense now.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:It all makes sense now.

Hahahahahahahaha