Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Botman »

Yeah i reckon if they can get 3-4k of people wandering around aimlessly on Saturday that we'll have this whole parliament thing sorted quickly enough to be hanging the bastards by mid April
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'll be down for the footy, should I go to this rally and lean in? I've got a few hours to spare Saturday arvo

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

No presence today. Fuel is so expensive at the moment that it's not possible to aimlessly drive around the parliamentary circle beeping your horn. Maybe, Boney, they'll be on foot on the weekend - marching up to Parliament house so their voices can be heard by nobody.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:No presence today. Fuel is so expensive at the moment that it's not possible to aimlessly drive around the parliamentary circle beeping your horn. Maybe, Boney, they'll be on foot on the weekend - marching up to Parliament house so their voices can be heard by nobody.
I might check if they are out at stromlo bike track

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I hear they are holding a rally at Bruce on Saturday night.

And claiming 75,000 in the stadium.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

ATAGI have green lighted a 4th vaccine for people over 65.

A “winter” jab.

Can’t wait to let the monster know.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

My pure blood streak has ended. Mrs Fui was a close contact and was feeling a little off. I haven’t felt anything, but I thought I’d get checked anyway. Waiting on her results, and hopefully this is as bad as I get it!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:42 pm My pure blood streak has ended. Mrs Fui was a close contact and was feeling a little off. I haven’t felt anything, but I thought I’d get checked anyway. Waiting on her results, and hopefully this is as bad as I get it!
My wife tested positive last sunday night, i went positive Tuesday
She comes out of iso Monday, me on Wednesday... we leave for Fiji Thursday!
Iso with the kids has been a bit annoying but mostly fine

My wife got quite unwell and was pretty pretty bad for a good 4-5 days, my symptoms were thankfully very minor and i worked through the week. Just gotta get through our iso, get a fit to fly cert and then **** off to fiji and never come back
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:42 pm My pure blood streak has ended. Mrs Fui was a close contact and was feeling a little off. I haven’t felt anything, but I thought I’d get checked anyway. Waiting on her results, and hopefully this is as bad as I get it!

My wife got quite unwell and was pretty pretty bad for a good 4-5 days, my symptoms were thankfully very minor and i worked through the week. Just gotta get through our iso, get a fit to fly cert and then **** off to fiji and never come back
Mrs Fui came back negative! Typical. Sounds like you’ve timed it all perfect. Out just in time for Fiji, and now you’ll be super boosted for the rest of winter.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 30, 2022, 8:52 pm
Botman wrote:

Mrs Fui came back negative! Typical. Sounds like you’ve timed it all perfect. Out just in time for Fiji, and now you’ll be super boosted for the rest of winter.
Would have liked to get it a week or earlier at the super spreader event wedding i went to with Nickman
That would have been IDEAL timinig... this is a bit anxious but we should be alright!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote:
Botman wrote:

Would have liked to get it a week or earlier at the super spreader event wedding i went to with Nickman
That would have been IDEAL timinig... this is a bit anxious but we should be alright!
Look, I’m pretty sure I gave it to you, old friend

Which explains why you were already immuned up when Katie brought it home and you just cruised through
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think that's absolutely 100% true! haha
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Botman wrote:

Right, so if I hear any of the fam have got it down there, I know which group of degenerates to point the finger at!

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, I 100% must’ve had it, there’s no explanation for the state of my lungs the last few weeks otherwise.

All I can say is thank **** I’m triple vaccinated! I’d hate to see what would’ve happened otherwise
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Did the symptoms slowly creep up, or did they hit you all at once?

All I have is barely an itchy throat. Not sure if the best is yet to come, or if this is it.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Honestly, I didn’t have any real symptoms that at the time I couldn’t attribute to a hangover, but my wife got really sick and once she was past her isolation period she developed a nasty cough (that she still has)

I also developed the same cough and had trouble breathing for a few weeks so I can only assume I had it too
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

And just like that, did a 2nd PCR test and it was negative.

Always thought I recovered quickly

Nickman's love of NSW
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Anyone got the monkey pox yet?

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

What are the symptoms Q ?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Scratching your head and nuts and making ooh ooh noises apparently.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Drug companies are working hard to give us a vaccine 6 yearly doses and is made from just water.

This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Question wrote: May 21, 2022, 2:06 pm Scratching your head and nuts and making ooh ooh noises apparently.

I do that already..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

My wife, son and I have all tested positive for Covid this morning.

Family isolation starts today.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Welcome to the club. I'm out of iso on Thursday. Daughter finished hers yesterday. So far the Mrs and son have escaped it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

MrsPJ and I believe PJjnr got it first.

It was Thursday last week when he had a cough and running nose. We tested him, he came back negative.

Then slowly over the weekend MrsPJ and I started the decline.

Come Sunday (yesd) I couldn’t even drink beer..(that’s an indicator I’m off)

PJjnr is not bad at all today, fluids and drugs.

I’m below average, so is the missus.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Hang tight Peej. Everyone gets it differently. Usually the worst is over around day 3, so hopefully the beer will be tasting sweet soon.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Will do Coastal, and thanks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Get well soon all!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: June 13, 2022, 12:46 pm MrsPJ and I believe PJjnr got it first.

It was Thursday last week when he had a cough and running nose. We tested him, he came back negative.

How are you travelling PJ? Over the hump?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Coastalraider wrote: June 15, 2022, 6:17 am
-PJ- wrote: June 13, 2022, 12:46 pm MrsPJ and I believe PJjnr got it first.

How are you travelling PJ? Over the hump?
Hey Coastal.

I’m actually feeling a whole lot better today. Still have the cough and sore throat but the body ache I had in my shoulders, neck, and hips (weird I know) have eased plenty. Pumped plenty of fluids and I’m on panadol.

PJjnr seems to be ahead of me in recovery, MrsPJ is probably another 24hrs away from cooking me something..ha.

Appetite is returning, but I’ve dropped 2kgs since Sund by not feeling like eating.

Hope yr well.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Sounds like you copped it worse than me. It's my last day of home detention. Only remaining symptom is the occasional dry cough. Been told that can hang round a while.

I had the typical sore throat, nasal congestion and cough. Avoided the body aches and kept my taste buds. While feeling better the last couple of days I did get the odd bout of fatigue. Nothing major. Just felt like I was ready for bed in the middle of the day. Overall I'd say the iso was worse than the illness. Looking forward to venturing past my letter box.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: June 15, 2022, 6:16 pm Sounds like you copped it worse than me. It's my last day of home detention. Only remaining symptom is the occasional dry cough. Been told that can hang round a while.

I had the typical sore throat, nasal congestion and cough. Avoided the body aches and kept my taste buds. While feeling better the last couple of days I did get the odd bout of fatigue. Nothing major. Just felt like I was ready for bed in the middle of the day. Overall I'd say the iso was worse than the illness. Looking forward to venturing past my letter box.
Hello NR.

Today I’ve improved out of sight. Been laying around a lot, having 1-2hr power naps. Then I get up and walk out the front to get some fresh air. Monday/Tuesday I was a wreck but today a different story. This 7 day home iso has turned out to be 11 days off because of the roster I’m on. I’m not due back till next Thursday 23/6. And even though I’m locked up till Sunday it feels more like holidays than sick days because the worse of my illness is now behind me.

I might even be up for a brewski on Sunday while I watch the boys.

I’m glad you are feeling better.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

What time does the garage door go up?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I come out of isolation tomorrow. Our son and daughter in law also tested positive. Apart from the cough and runny nose the fatigue factor is the worst. Very low energy levels. Maybe age related as well. I feel for NRL players who test positive and are expected to provide the intensity of NRL within 2 weeks. Antiviral medication not listed as having drowsiness as an after effect but I have finished the 5 day course and hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have a game of Raiders footy to watch.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

RedRaider wrote: August 20, 2022, 4:49 pm I come out of isolation tomorrow. Our son and daughter in law also tested positive. Apart from the cough and runny nose the fatigue factor is the worst. Very low energy levels. Maybe age related as well. I feel for NRL players who test positive and are expected to provide the intensity of NRL within 2 weeks. Antiviral medication not listed as having drowsiness as an after effect but I have finished the 5 day course and hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have a game of Raiders footy to watch.
The fatigue factor is horrible. I'm 8 weeks out from my second case of COVID and it's still a huge issue for me. Bit over it, to be honest.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.