Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Northern Raider »

gangrenous wrote: July 31, 2021, 12:15 pm That’s tangential to the point I’m making.
Your point about "Zeparin"?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yes.

Instead of addressing the key point of the hypothetical, you ducked out to reality and complicated it unnecessarily through a range of medicines which presumably have their own different functional mechanism/risks/purposes/costs which mean having a suite of similar medications has value.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: July 31, 2021, 12:36 pm Yes.

Instead of addressing the key point of the hypothetical, you ducked out to reality and complicated it unnecessarily through a range of medicines which presumably have their own different functional mechanism/risks/purposes/costs which mean having a suite of similar medications has value.
I'm not really following your point. Not that concerned about it either TBH.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So, SE QLD going into lockdown. How come everytime I go to Brisbane it goes into lockdown?

The CHO said this was linked to ANOTHER quarantine breach. I mean, the Feds should have sorted this ages ago, but this must be about the 10th quarantine breach in Brisbane in the last 2 months. What the actual hell are they doing?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:So, SE QLD going into lockdown. How come everytime I go to Brisbane it goes into lockdown?

The CHO said this was linked to ANOTHER quarantine breach. I mean, the Feds should have sorted this ages ago, but this must be about the 10th quarantine breach in Brisbane in the last 2 months. What the actual hell are they doing?
Are you patient zero?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:So, SE QLD going into lockdown. How come everytime I go to Brisbane it goes into lockdown?

Are you patient zero?

Maybe
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

They’ve been super lucky so far. Hopefully they are again.

In other news, had my first AZ jab today, no improvement in phone signal. Pretty dissapointing.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:They’ve been super lucky so far. Hopefully they are again.

In other news, had my first AZ jab today, no improvement in phone signal. Pretty dissapointing.
I'm tipping that this is everywhere this time
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: July 31, 2021, 3:49 pm
-TW- wrote:

Are you patient zero?

Maybe
We were all thinking it
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: July 31, 2021, 4:04 pm

Is it a situation where some people pass on the virus and others don't?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

QLD is screwed aye
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:

About 10% cause about 80% of infections
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote: July 31, 2021, 6:12 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Just need to identify those 10% and ship them off to Nauru.

I gather this 3 day hard lockdown in QLD is to allow them to find the extent of the spread before further decisions are made. I don't think anybody expects it to be lifted after Tuesday.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

I gather this 3 day hard lockdown in QLD is to allow them to find the extent of the spread before further decisions are made. I don't think anybody expects it to be lifted after Tuesday.
They're peeing in our pockets. Tell it as it is - at least a week, more likely two
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

9 new community cases in Qld. Press conference this morning was light on detail. More focused on explaining why lockdown was needed.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Northern Raider wrote:9 new community cases in Qld. Press conference this morning was light on detail. More focused on explaining why lockdown was needed.
Two travellers tested positive to delta one getting it from the other on a flight from Singapore.

They were placed in hospital, one at GCUH, one at SCUH

Schoolgirl has tested positive to the same genomic sequence. She has infected her parents and siblings.

There has been a subsequent spreader event at karate class at Ironside State School, and 5 schools are now implicated.

Concerningly there are missing steps in the chain of transmission. It's not clear how the schoolgirl was infected from one of the returned travellers. Dr Young implied that she believes that it has come from the one at SCUH, though she did not elaborate why. That person was discharged from SCUH mid July, so this has likely been circulating for weeks. That and low testing numbers means potentially many undetected cases in the community.

Girl was tutored by a med student. Possible link there.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yeah I picked up that the high school student likely picked it up from the med student tutor rather than the other way round, which was initially implied. That med student is potentially the link but they cannot verify that.

With these 9 new cases I'm expecting a big list of new exposure sites in the next 24 hours. Good enough reason for me to stay home.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2021, 10:06 am
Northern Raider wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 31, 2021, 4:04 pm I'm tipping that this is everywhere this time

They're peeing in our pockets. Tell it as it is - at least a week, more likely two
Agreed. Tell it like it is!

Surely you can then empathise with my and others consistent frustration when Gladys, with a straight face, emphasises that the amount of people infectious in the community is 20 or 30, when it is blatantly at least 5x that, if not much more.

It is hardly potato, potahto stuff.

Just tell it like it is ****.
Up The Milk
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 1, 2021, 12:02 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2021, 10:06 am
Northern Raider wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: Is it a situation where some people pass on the virus and others don't?

Agreed. Tell it like it is!

Surely you can then empathise with my and others consistent frustration when Gladys, with a straight face, emphasises that the amount of people infectious in the community is 20 or 30, when it is blatantly at least 5x that, if not much more.

It is hardly potato, potahto stuff.

Just tell it like it is ****.
Need a strong fourth estate right about now.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Coronavirus

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Top 10 Police Area Commands by Infringement Notices issued 25th June - 8th July

Sydney City – 119

Parramatta – 79

Fairfield City – 75

Liverpool City – 73

Blacktown – 71

St George – 69

Cumberland – 49

Mt Druitt – 42

Nepean – 40

Auburn 39

Bondi has the most from the Eastern suburbs with 7. Bit of a joke.

Talk about Western Sydney suffering the hangover from the Eastern Suburbs party!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 1, 2021, 12:47 pm Top 10 Police Area Commands by Infringement Notices issued 25th June - 8th July

Sydney City – 119

Parramatta – 79

Fairfield City – 75

Liverpool City – 73

Blacktown – 71

St George – 69

Cumberland – 49

Mt Druitt – 42

Nepean – 40

Auburn 39

Bondi has the most from the Eastern suburbs with 7. Bit of a joke.

Talk about Western Sydney suffering the hangover from the Eastern Suburbs party!
Went to freshwater beach this morning. Saw literally hundreds of people doing the wrong thing.

And yet the numbers would tell a story of naughty Westies doing the wrong thing, everyone else toeing the line.
Up The Milk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

It's almost as though the police are focussing their efforts on the areas most effected by the outbreak
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Coronavirus

Dr Zaius wrote:It's almost as though the police are focussing their efforts on the areas most effected by the outbreak
If only they did that when the outbreak was within the eastern suburbs.

The effort wasn’t there until the outbreak moved west
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:It's almost as though the police are focussing their efforts on the areas most effected by the outbreak
I would believe that, if there was similar focus when the outbreak started in the eastern suburbs.
In the first week of the outbreak? When there were 2 cases a day, compared to 200+? By about Day 10 the area of concern had firmly shifted to the SE Corridor. They've asked for weeks for people to do the right thing, but clearly they are not. They've had to call in the army to help with enforcement. It would make zero sense to focus efforts on areas with minimal cases.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2021, 2:19 pm It's almost as though the police are focussing their efforts on the areas most effected by the outbreak
Of course they are.

But you could send one solitary cop car to a Manly or Bondi or Freshie on any given day and clear out the beach in a few minutes.

And from what I have seen from my frequent trips there it is just open slather.

It isn’t like police don’t exist in Northern Sydney just because resources are being prioritised to Fairfield.

It would be hard to cop for people out west to see the double standards, irrespective of the fact they have greater numbers there.
Up The Milk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Mickey_Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2021, 2:19 pm It's almost as though the police are focussing their efforts on the areas most effected by the outbreak
Of course they are.

But you could send one solitary cop car to a Manly or Bondi or Freshie on any given day and clear out the beach in a few minutes.

It isn’t like police don’t exist in Northern Sydney just because resources are being prioritised to Fairfield.

It would be hard to cop for people out west to see the double standards, irrespective of the fact they have greater numbers there.
I can understand the perception. We are locked down at the moment. There were more people on the beach doing "essential exercise" this morning than most weekends. I was one of them. Realistically, how many transmissions have occurred worldwide by people walking on the beach? There's probably little to be gained by policing them,but possibly a loss of good faith and buy in if you are needlessly heavy handed.

But I can understand how that is perceived in those suburbs suffering greater restrictions.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Freshie was an absolute shiatshow on Friday. I could barely see where the ocean ended and the sea of asses began.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

And yet the two of you were there...
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

What can I do, it's my regular surfing beach, I live 5 mins away. Just that lockdown has suddenly made everyone an "athlete" :/
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Dr Zaius wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote:
Of course they are.

I can understand the perception. We are locked down at the moment. There were more people on the beach doing "essential exercise" this morning than most weekends. I was one of them. Realistically, how many transmissions have occurred worldwide by people walking on the beach? There's probably little to be gained by policing them,but possibly a loss of good faith and buy in if you are needlessly heavy handed.

But I can understand how that is perceived in those suburbs suffering greater restrictions.
I might be misinterpreting what you’re saying here, but regardless of how many transmissions have occurred by walking on the beach, people still need to stick to the rules.

When you compare PINS, 71 in Blacktown to 7 in Bondi, you can’t seriously think the number of people breaching the rules are at a similar 71:7 ratio? Even if I was to give up Blacktown since it’s a locked down suburb, Penrith is 40. 40:7? I don’t think it flies. They’re taking cheap-shots

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 1, 2021, 6:17 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote:
Of course they are.

I might be misinterpreting what you’re saying here, but regardless of how many transmissions have occurred by walking on the beach, people still need to stick to the rules.

When you compare PINS, 71 in Blacktown to 7 in Bondi, you can’t seriously think the number of people breaching the rules are at a similar 71:7 ratio? Even if I was to give up Blacktown since it’s a locked down suburb, Penrith is 40. 40:7? I don’t think it flies. They’re taking cheap-shots
You missed the biggest part. Doc was out exercising. :woot:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote:
Of course they are.

Are they breaking the rules? Aren't you allowed out exercising? Dr Chant said about 2 weeks ago that she was not concerned by people walking on the beach.

I can understand how you feel. I lived in the Western Suburbs for 10 years. They are clearly targeting the Western Suburbs. But when you say cheap shots, it implies they are targeting the western suburbs for either socioeconomic or racist reasons. I don't agree with that, I think that they are clearly targeting that area, because that is where the virus is circulating, and that is where it needs to be bought under control
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2021, 5:47 pm And yet the two of you were there...
Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2021, 6:30 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote:
Of course they are.

Are they breaking the rules? Aren't you allowed out exercising? Dr Chant said about 2 weeks ago that she was not concerned by people walking on the beach.

I can understand how you feel. I lived in the Western Suburbs for 10 years. They are clearly targeting the Western Suburbs. But when you say cheap shots, it implies they are targeting the western suburbs for either socioeconomic or racist reasons. I don't agree with that, I think that they are clearly targeting that area, because that is where the virus is circulating, and that is where it needs to be bought under control
I was there. Doesn't mean I was breaking the rules.

When I referred to hundreds of people breaking the rules and it being open slather I was referring to large groups of people sun baking, and eating and drinking sprawled out on the lawns at the nearby cafes. Clearly not exercising.
Up The Milk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Then yep agreed, would be easy to move on
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

SEQ lockdown extended to Sunday (which was expected). 13 new community cases today all linked to the new cluster. Not a huge amount of detail yet.

Sydney with 207 new cases and 51 of those "infectious in the community". So much for being locked down.