Re: Starling reportedly in a bit more trouble

Post by Canberra Milk »

Arrested yeah ok that's not good. SOS Havili
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Canberra Milk wrote: October 20, 2021, 2:54 pm Arrested yeah ok that's not good. SOS Havili
He signed with Souths
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Raiders666 wrote: October 20, 2021, 2:55 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: October 20, 2021, 2:54 pm Arrested yeah ok that's not good. SOS Havili
He signed with Souths
I know... Backflip? :cry:
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Canberra Milk wrote: October 20, 2021, 2:55 pm
Raiders666 wrote: October 20, 2021, 2:55 pm
He signed with Souths
10 day cooling off period maybe
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Let's play a guessing game, which big club will sign Starling for a peanuts contract after we can him
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Central Coast police are saying they've charged four people (three men and a women) after an "intimidation incident" outside a bar on the Terrigal Esplanade. Refused entry due to capacity limits, and allegedly threatened the security person at the bar, before leaving.

Police then tried to talk to the group. A "23 year old man", which would be Starling, and the woman "fled on foot". The other two "hindered police". The three men went to Gosford Police Station at 9am today and they were arrested and charged and released on bail.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

strange charges...
Think i might just hold off on this one until more information emerges
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

I didn't realise he still had court issues hovering over his head. What a dumb ****
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Terrigal is a **** of a place...Glad I got out of there haha
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Given the false charges levelled by the Central Coast police last year... and Fairfax is reporting the same unit attended... I'll not be jumping to any conclusions.

I wonder how many arguments that there are with security people outside bars on any given night in NSW, without it resulting in charges.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: Canberra Raiders hooker Tom Starling charged in alleged intimidation incident

Post by Toviii »

Might be facing a fine or small suspension, I wouldn’t be too worried beyond that
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Canberra Raiders hooker Tom Starling charged in alleged intimidation incident

Post by -TW- »

I can't see much coming of that other than "you're an idiot, stay away from that venue"

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Wait and see what role Starling played in it.

There was a group like last time
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

"threaten/cause injury to potential juror/witness and behave in offensive manner in/near public place/school". I'll be interested in the Raiders comment on this one. Need more facts to clarify the situation, but not good that it is reported as at the same venue as last year and that Starling still has a charge outstanding from that.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

greeneyed wrote:The Central Coast police are saying they've charged four people (three men and a women) after an "intimidation incident" outside a bar on the Terrigal Esplanade. Refused entry due to capacity limits, and allegedly threatened the security person at the bar, before leaving.

Police then tried to talk to the group. A "23 year old man", which would be Starling, and the woman "fled on foot". The other two "hindered police". The three men went to Gosford Police Station at 9am today and they were arrested and charged and released on bail.
So he had a chance to talk to his manager and maybe Raiders management who told him to hand in self in this morning??
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Fled on foot.

Quality.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

RedRaider wrote: October 20, 2021, 4:37 pm "threaten/cause injury to potential juror/witness and behave in offensive manner in/near public place/school". I'll be interested in the Raiders comment on this one. Need more facts to clarify the situation, but not good that it is reported as at the same venue as last year and that Starling still has a charge outstanding from that.
Why they have to put the school thing in there?? There isn't a school anywhere near the esplanade :hmmm
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 20, 2021, 5:18 pm Fled on foot. Image

Quality.

Maybe he had flash backs and was scared of getting beaten again :lol:
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Seiffert82 wrote:Fled on foot. Image

Quality.

Done a Carney

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

OMG. I didn't realise being threatened was a criminal offence. I reckon half of players (even some umpires) in the Moore Park cricket association have threatened me with phyical harm at some point. If only I knew I could have had them charged, I'd have sledged them even more!!

This feels like another, absolute beat up (pun intended). Starling would be well advised to steer clear of this place. For some reason the police up there clearly have it in for him
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

FROG wrote:OMG. I didn't realise being threatened was a criminal offence. I reckon half of players (even some umpires) in the Moore Park cricket association have threatened me with phyical harm at some point. If only I knew I could have had them charged, I'd have sledged them even more!!
Or you can stop firing up the natives!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Raiders666 wrote:
RedRaider wrote: October 20, 2021, 4:37 pm "threaten/cause injury to potential juror/witness and behave in offensive manner in/near public place/school". I'll be interested in the Raiders comment on this one. Need more facts to clarify the situation, but not good that it is reported as at the same venue as last year and that Starling still has a charge outstanding from that.
Why they have to put the school thing in there?? There isn't a school anywhere near the esplanade :hmmm
It’ll be a standard charge definition, not a specific description of the situation.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

So we sacked Scott does that mean we have to sack Starling?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I could get him off this charge if I was representing him - “Your Honor, my client is changed with standover tactics. The man is 4 foot 2. He is not standing over anyone!”
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Raiders666 wrote:So we sacked Scott does that mean we have to sack Starling?
"have to" is a bit strong, I think it'll be a wait and see as to the reality of the charge.
Scott was charged with assault, Tommy with intimidation so depending on the level will depend on the outcome you would think

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I’m finding it hard imagining Tommy and intimidation.

Is he picking on 10yr olds ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raiders666 wrote: October 20, 2021, 6:24 pm So we sacked Scott does that mean we have to sack Starling?
We dont have to do anything. It's entirely our prerogative to deal with him and this in any which way we choose as per the contract we signed with him. These are individual work agreements. We are not obligated to treat him the same as any other. If we treat him better, will it be a bad look? Probably. But its the off season and that news cycle wont last more than a day or so.

Will it be fair? Maybe, maybe not. Details of this situation are still to emerge so unsure.
But as i tell my kids all the time - a fair is a place they judge pigs, life ain't fair.

We sacked Scott because he gave us an out on a contract and a player we longer valued. His actions were simple a vehicle to that, had he been a valuable player to us, he'd still be here. I dont expect Starling is a player or contract we don't value.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: October 20, 2021, 8:12 pm
Raiders666 wrote: October 20, 2021, 6:24 pm So we sacked Scott does that mean we have to sack Starling?
We dont have to do anything. It's entirely our prerogative to deal with him and this in any which way we choose as per the contract we signed with him. These are individual work agreements. We are not obligated to treat him the same as any other. If we treat him better, will it be a bad look? Probably. But its the off season and that news cycle wont last more than a day or so.

Will it be fair? Maybe, maybe not. Details of this situation are still to emerge so unsure.
But as i tell my kids all the time - a fair is a place they judge pigs, life ain't fair.

We sacked Scott because he gave us an out on a contract and a player we longer valued. His actions were simple a vehicle to that, had he been a valuable player to us, he'd still be here. I dont expect Starling is a player or contract we don't value.
You do know what’s coming some day long down the track when the day comes that your kids decide it’s time for you to go into a home and you protest against it right…. :lol:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

greeneyed wrote: October 20, 2021, 2:58 pm The Central Coast police are saying they've charged four people (three men and a women) after an "intimidation incident" outside a bar on the Terrigal Esplanade. Refused entry due to capacity limits, and allegedly threatened the security person at the bar, before leaving.

Ok that sounds like a storm in a teacup. Threatened security at the bar lmao, the amount of times they've treated me/friends like garbage... they can give it but can't take it

Much more confident now that Starling will be fine. They probably just didn't like that he fled from police, which is fair enough, but not that bad in the scheme of things
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Obviously we should all have learned not to go off early, but it sounds like not much at all...
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Oh to have heard the phone call…

“Hi Don, it’s Tom…. Hey funny thing umm …”
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: October 20, 2021, 9:27 pm Oh to have heard the phone call…

Don's heart sinks when he hears , "Hi Don, it's Tom... I'm in Teregal..."
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: October 20, 2021, 9:55 pm
Billy Walker wrote: October 20, 2021, 9:27 pm Oh to have heard the phone call…

Don's heart sinks when he hears , "Hi Don, it's Tom... I'm in Teregal..."
“Tommy - when we talk about you needing to be more consistent this isn’t what we mean champ”