Coaching issues

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Azza
Laurie Daley

Re: Coaching issues

Post by Azza »

When you say bins are you talking sulos or the Oscar the grouch variety?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Botman wrote:Now crossing live to Canberra Stadium where Ricky Stuart's men aim to avoid the club's first wooden spoon since 1982.
The 3 man crowd of GE, Gangers and Seif are arriving for the Viking clap
gangrenous wrote: April 26, 2022, 9:44 pm Image
Soft!

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:When you say bins are you talking sulos or the Oscar the grouch variety?

You... you don’t know what a bin chicken is?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Nickman wrote:
Azza wrote:When you say bins are you talking sulos or the Oscar the grouch variety?

You... you don’t know what a bin chicken is?
I don't like you attacking ibises peanut.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You googled it, didn’t you?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Nickman wrote:You googled it, didn’t you?
Used ask Jeeves

mongoose
Glenn Lazarus

Post by mongoose »

Canberra Milk wrote: April 26, 2022, 2:40 pm x2 on the Viking clap. It's incredibly overdone, and is embarrassing when we're playing poorly. It should be done at finals only, the season opener, things like that
It's even more cringeworthy to only do it when we are winning imo, either do it every game or scrap it completely.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

mongoose wrote: April 29, 2022, 10:17 am
Canberra Milk wrote: April 26, 2022, 2:40 pm x2 on the Viking clap. It's incredibly overdone, and is embarrassing when we're playing poorly. It should be done at finals only, the season opener, things like that
It's even more cringeworthy to only do it when we are winning imo, either do it every game or scrap it completely.
I'm with Azza, I think the Viking Fart has some serious merit right now.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: April 29, 2022, 10:33 am
I propose that until further notice and appropriate administrative changes are made in the club, all fans should restrain from participating in the Viking clap, but instead wave potatoes in the air above their heads while making fart noises.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: April 29, 2022, 10:39 am
I propose that until further notice and appropriate administrative changes are made in the club, all fans should restrain from participating in the Viking clap, but instead wave potatoes in the air above their heads while making fart noises.
I think that's a reasonably solid suggestion.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: April 29, 2022, 10:54 am
Billy Walker wrote: April 29, 2022, 10:39 am
I think that's a reasonably solid suggestion.
Make it happen Don!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Billy Walker wrote:
ImageImage love it, so so appropriate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Surely it's time?

Post by Lucy »

Load it up.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Surely it's time?

Post by thedevilingreen »

I am done defending this man. Game on the line and he leaves a fresh player on the bench. A cannon is no longer good enough.
Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

That actually made me lol
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Sack him... Right **** now...
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

I used to like him.... now i cant stand him.... its just one scoreless second half after another.... he needs to be held accountable. Just not up to it anymore unfortunately.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I agree...But who would you guys have as our next coach. There aren't many good ones available. A rookie? Or another proven **** coach
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Raiders666 wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:19 pm I agree...But who would you guys have as our next coach. There aren't many good ones available. A rookie? Or another proven **** coach
Jason Ryles would turn us into a good defensive team. We need to look at some of the assistant coaches at the big clubs. No more old boys (except Bellamy).
Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raiders666 wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:19 pm I agree...But who would you guys have as our next coach. There aren't many good ones available. A rookie? Or another proven **** coach
We're not obligated to hire a bad coach. There are coaches out there that will one day be successful NRL coaches... up to the club to go and find them with a proper hiring process.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Its either Stuart or our roster. One, the other or both has to give. I get that we are playing terribly and that is usually a consequence of bad coaching but we also have some absolute plonkers wearing lime green jerseys. Schnieder absolutely tops the list. I like that he tried to get more involved today but sadly it exposed how far off the pace he is. With young halves you usually see some promising signs but sadly with this lad its just a black hole. He will be laying bricks in a few years but he isnt and never will be first grade material.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

So many clubs get a new coach and nothing changes... results very rarely change. If we get a new coach he must be given time... It generally takes 3 season for a coach to make a difference.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Botman wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:22 pm
We're not obligated to hire a bad coach. There are coaches out there that will one day be successful NRL coaches... up to the club to go and find them with a proper hiring process.
Who would you like to see Botman? Generally interested
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

rayden83 wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:24 pm Its either Stuart or our roster. One, the other or both has to give. I get that we are playing terribly and that is usually a consequence of bad coaching but we also have some absolute plonkers wearing lime green jerseys. Schnieder absolutely tops the list. I like that he tried to get more involved today but sadly it exposed how far off the pace he is. With young halves you usually see some promising signs but sadly with this lad its just a black hole. He will be laying bricks in a few years but he isnt and never will be first grade material.
Well has Stuart has had 100% control over our roaster for the vast majority of a decade now the buck has to stop with him on all accounts doesn't it?
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Raiders666 wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:24 pm So many clubs get a new coach and nothing changes... results very rarely change. If we get a new coach he must be given time... It generally takes 3 season for a coach to make a difference.
But they make the change. As it stands at the moment. He will get to ride off into the sunset on his own terms while probably making sure his choice gets the hot seat
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

RICKY MUST GO

Post by Raoul Duke »

And a hell of lot of more in the upper management of this club. If you think we have reached our nadir just follow the trajectory of our performance. We need to REBUILD - that means a new strategic direction.

To give an NFL analogy that some may appreciate...we are currently led by Jeff Fisher - a players coach, and by all accounts a great guy. We need Sean McVay - someone who brings innovation not just on the field but in the moves made off it.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Raiders666 wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:24 pm So many clubs get a new coach and nothing changes... results very rarely change. If we get a new coach he must be given time... It generally takes 3 season for a coach to make a difference.
Well we don't exactly rush coaches out the door at the Raiders so at the moment, I think the risk of sacking the next coach too early should be a fair way down our list of worries, ok?
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

The thing is that most people see Ricky (the coach) as the club legend, hall of fame halfback.

When really you need to look at him as two different people. Ricky the player and Ricky the coach

Ricky the player. Deserves every thing he won, deserves Hall of Fame and is a Living club legend.

Ricky the coach has lost touch with the game, not willing to change his game plans, not willing the change his 17 to prove a point, allows game changing players to sit on the bench for extended periods of time (CNK today and Tapine a couple of times last year, not to mention all the debutant last year getting less than 10mins)

Sorry Ricky. You time as Canberra coach is up.

Get someone internally to fill the spot then, in my opinion, go after Cameron Ciraldo
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

BadnMean wrote: April 30, 2022, 5:31 pm
Well we don't exactly rush coaches out the door at the Raiders so at the moment, I think the risk of sacking the next coach too early should be a fair way down our list of worries, ok?
I probably didn't say it right.. I'm just trying to temper my expectations because it's going to take a while to turn this rabble around.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Botman wrote:
Or who has the flashiest PowerPoint preso, let’s not forget who we’re talking about
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Wolfe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: RICKY MUST GO

Post by -PJ- »

We are hurting.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

How does Don Furner get a free pass here?
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Three second half in a row we haven’t scored a point.

Ricky did well recruiting players to Canberra, but he’s got to go. We are in an awful place again.
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

Here are the great bench utilisation calls made during that game:

*Time in brackets is "Time on field" vs "Time off field" with ten minutes counted for half time.

#1 20th minute, Starling (0/20) on for Papalii (20/0).
#2 28th minute, Horsburgh (0/28) on for Tapine (28/0).
#3 33rd minute, Rushton (0/33) on for Elliott (33/0).
HIA 48th minute, Elliot (33/25) on for CHN (48/10)
#4 51st minute, Papalii (20/41) on for Sutton (51/10).
#5 56th minute, Tapine (28/36) on for Rushton (23/43).
#HIAR* 60th minute, CHN (48/22) on for Horsburgh (32/38).
#6 70th minute, Sutton (51/29) on for CHN (58/22) *Yes, really, after he had only been back on the field for less than ten minutes*.
#7 76th minute, Horsburgh (32/54) on for Papalii (45/41).
#8 78th minute, Rushton (23/55) on for Tapine (48/36). *Why?
~Golden Point~
#9 80th minute, Tapine (48/38) on for Rushton (25/55). *WHY EVEN MORE?!?!?!

CHK - (0/90)....
Last edited by Ultima on April 30, 2022, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.