2022 Canberra Raiders NSW Cup

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2022 Canberra Raiders NSW Cup

Post by The Greenhouse »

23 mins remaining TRY RAIDERS to Harry Rushton. Rushton kicks ahead... he kicks ahead again... this will be incredible. Oh it is incredible! Wild about Harry! He just grounds it inside the dead ball line. Is he happy! Jarrod Croker converts. The Raiders really haven't been as dominant overall as the score line indicates - but they have had lots of possession in the second half.

Raiders 24-12
The Greenhouse score update service
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Rushton

For a prop to do that after 60 straight minutes is exceptional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Stuart still won't pick him

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Glad we keep persisting with Adam Elliot tho……

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

17 mins remaining Brad Morkos bombs an almost certain try for the Raiders. He drops it over the line.
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

Liking Hola too.

Morkos is a few years away but is a talent.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

12 mins remaining TRY MOUNTIES to Dane Aukafolau, it is off the back of a penalty. Jarrett Subloo on the sideline... can't convert.

Canberra Raiders 24
Mounties 16
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

80th min TRY RAIDERS to Clay Webb. That's his second of the day, chasing the kick from Sione Vuki. Jarrod Croker converts after the siren.

FULL TIME

Canberra Raiders 30
Mounties 16
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Croker had a good game. Involved plenty in attack and defence.

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Thank you for the updates, good to read about Rushton and JC. A victory over former feeder club Mounties.
Last week we played a half called Josh James. I see we had Hopoate in the halfback position. Does anyone know if Josh James was injured? The reports from last weeks match were that he had played well.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders NSW Cup team too good for Mounties

The Canberra Raiders NSW Cup side have come from behind at half-time to win their third game in a row, defeating the Mounties 30-16 on Saturday afternoon. It was a good performance from Canberra’s forwards that propelled them to victory, with Clay Webb and Englishman Harry Rushton the standouts.

The Raiders will now move their sights to next Sunday, as they look to make it four wins in a row when they play the high-flying North Sydney Bears away from home.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/04 ... -mounties/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders prove too strong in Wagga Wagga: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/04/0 ... rsMounties
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Rushton was on fire in this game. Very skillful. Big motor. Lock him in for first grade.
Croker was classy as well. Put on some hits and took tough carries.

Great win for the guys without a proper spine.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Lot of players to like coming out of the next generation;

- Savage
- Schiller
- Morkos
- Young Croker guy looks ok, might mature into something
- Schneider
- Trevlyan
- Webb
- Mooney
- Rushton

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: April 9, 2022, 2:31 pm Thank you for the updates, good to read about Rushton and JC. A victory over former feeder club Mounties.
Last week we played a half called Josh James. I see we had Hopoate in the halfback position. Does anyone know if Josh James was injured? The reports from last weeks match were that he had played well.
It's covered on Kayo if you have access.

Rushton looked pretty good- he's doing the main "link man" forward passing role confidently and also making metres.

The grubber and chase indicates he might still have the agility to fill in on an edge in a pinch if needed too.

@Zim, agree. Had a quick check and Rushton is regularly playing 70 and 80 mins in the middle. Surely Elliot and Guler are looking over their shoulders...
Last edited by BadnMean on April 10, 2022, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Rick wrote: April 9, 2022, 10:45 pm Lot of players to like coming out of the next generation;

- Savage
- Schiller
- Morkos
- Young Croker guy looks ok, might mature into something
- Schneider
- Trevlyan
- Webb
- Mooney
- Rushton

Croker just might be the best young centre in the game.;)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: April 9, 2022, 2:31 pm Thank you for the updates, good to read about Rushton and JC. A victory over former feeder club Mounties.
Jarrod Croker said they lost Josh James on the way to the game (IIRC), so assume if was a COVID protocol.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2022 Round 6: Canberra Raiders V North Sydney Bears

Canberra Raiders V North Sydney Bears
Saturday 16 April, 4:00pm
North Sydney Oval
LIVE STREAM: NSWRL TV, NSWRL Facebook page

Canberra Raiders

1. Sebastian Kris 2. Utuloa Asouma 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Brad Morkos 5. James Schiller 6. Joshua James 7. Sam Williams 10. Peter Hola 9. Matt Frawley 8. TBA 11. Trey Mooney 12. Hudson Young 13. Harry Rushton

15. Clay Webb 16. Jordan Martin 18. Juwan Compain 19. Albert Hopoate

20. Josh Mitchell

North Sydney Bears

1. Josh Bergamin 2. Vuate Karawalevu 3. Adam Keighran 4. Joseph Suaalii 5. Tom Carr 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sandon Smith 8. Tukupa Hau Tapuha 9. Ben Marschke 10. Terrell May 11. Jordin Leiu 12. Naufahu Whyte 13. Renouf Atoni

14. Fa'amanu Brown 15. Jerry Key 16. Michael Fenn 17. Regan Hughes

18. Denzal Tonise

AT A GLANCE: The Canberra Raiders have posted their third straight win in NSW Cup, beating Mounties, 30-16, at Wagga Wagga on Saturday. Canberra struggled to find their rhythm in the first half and trailed 12-6 at the break. Mounties were first to score in the seventh minute, when lock Ben Seufale twisted his way over the try line from close range. The Green Machine hit back in the 19th minute, when Jarrod Croker drew the defence and set winger Michael Asomua on his way to the try line. However, right on half time, former Raider Brad Abbey - now playing at five eighth - manufactured a four pointer for Tim Simona.

The Raiders leveled the scores five minutes into the second half, when bench hooker, Mitch Souter, spun the ball wide to Harry Rushton. Rushton showed he has good, quick hands, putting fellow forward Clay Webb across the line. James Schiller soon followed up, scooping up a loose ball and running 80 metres to score. The highlight of the match came in the 57th minute, when Rushton kicked ahead twice for himself, pouncing on the ball just inside the the dead ball line. Mounties had a glimmer of hope when Dane Aukafolau scored a try with 12 minutes remaining. But a second four pointer for Clay Webb right on full time - after he chased a kick from five eighth Sione Vuki - iced the match.

James Schiller topped the running metres gained for the Raiders (162) - picking up half of those metres in scoring his try. Harry Rushton posted 144 metres from 14 runs, while Trey Mooney (126) and Peter Hola (121) broke 100 metres gained in the forwards. Rushton (42) topped the tackle count, while Trey Mooney (28) and Clay Webb (25) were also on the list of top tacklers. Clay Webb and Michael Asomua made five tackle breaks.

The Raiders are in sixth place on the ladder - and now meet the fourth placed North Sydney Bears in Sydney in Round 6. The Bears are undefeated so far this year. They are coming off a 30-16 win over the Parramatta Eels at North Sydney Oval on Saturday. The Bears are the feeder team for the Sydney Roosters, and have some good talent available - the likes of hooker Ben Marschke, half Lachlan Lam and outside back Joseph Suaalii. They will be tough opponents.

Form: Raiders: LLWWW
Bears: WBWWW

Team news: With Xavier Savage promoted to first grade, centre or winger, Sebastian Kris, has been named at fullback. Sam Williams returns at halfback, with Joshua James to partner him in the halves. Matt Frawley takes over from Josh Mitchell at hooker. Mitchell has been named at 18th man. Harry Rushton shifts to lock, with Jordan Martin dropping to the bench. Last week, Hudson Young was a late withdrawal from the Raiders starting NRL team - and returns in the second row in "reserves". That pushes Clay Webb back to the bench. Albert Hopoate also drops to the interchange list.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

greeneyed wrote: April 10, 2022, 10:48 am
Jarrod Croker said they lost Josh James on the way to the game (IIRC), so assume if was a COVID protocol.
Or they actually lost josh james on the way to the game. Hopefully he turns up soon
Colk
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

kiwi raider wrote: April 10, 2022, 8:10 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 10, 2022, 10:48 am
Or they actually lost josh james on the way to the game. Hopefully he turns up soon
:roflmao
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Do you reckon they are even looking for him or given that Sammy Williams is back next week they will just let him find his own way back?

Pretty average duty of care from the club really. I would be thinking twice if my kids wanted to sign with them….

BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Rick wrote: April 11, 2022, 11:27 am Do you reckon they are even looking for him or given that Sammy Williams is back next week they will just let him find his own way back?

Pretty average duty of care from the club really. I would be thinking twice if my kids wanted to sign with them….

You're acting like it's the first time Sammy's gone missing.

Boom-tish, I'll see myself out.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Stopped at the servo for pies on the way to the game and forgot to do a headcount on departure?
#notonthebus

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I'm very keen to see Josh James given an opportunity to own half-back at nsw cup. Given frawley is seen as a hooker by some, surely that is where he should be playing in nsw cup. Williams can play 6 if absolutely necessary, but I thought vuki probably did enough to retain his spot last week
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Anyone know what's the go with trevilyan? Thought he was due back this week
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I know the club is hard up for players but **** Stuart is ruining Seb Kris' career.

He had a breakout year last year as a bustling centre. And actually looked great in a game at second row until Ryan James knocked him out.

He is only suitable to those 2 roles. His natural talent and body shape makes it so obvious. Some reserve grade halfback is going to have a field day bombing to the poor fella and he'll be ragged on for underperformed (out of position) yet again.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

FROG wrote: April 12, 2022, 6:52 pm Anyone know what's the go with trevilyan? Thought he was due back this week
Presumably the hamstring is not right. I see Toby Thorburn, last year's SG Ball hooker, is in the rehab ranks too. Jack Sandow out too.

Would be nice to have injury lists for the lower grades.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's NSW Cup clash between the Canberra Raiders and North Sydney Bears at North Sydney Oval. Kick off is at 4:00pm. We will have live scores right here in this thread.

There will be a NSWRL TV live stream on the NSWRL Facebook page.

Here are the final teams:

Canberra Raiders

1. Sebastian Kris 2. Utuloa Asouma 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Brad Morkos 19. Albert Hopoate 6. Joshua James 7. Sam Williams 8. Ata Mariota 9. Matt Frawley 10. Peter Hola 11. Trey Mooney 12. Hudson Young 13. Harry Rushton

14. Zac Woolford 15. Clay Webb 16. Jordan Martin 17. Zac Saddler

20. Josh Mitchell

North Sydney Bears

1. Josh Bergamin 2. Vuate Karawalevu 3. Adam Keighran 18. Eli Roberts 5. Tom Carr 20. Ronald Volkman 7. Sandon Smith 8. Tukupa Hau Tapuha 9. Ben Marschke 10. Terrell May 11. Jordin Leiu 22. Jacob Preston 13. Renouf Atoni

14. Fa'amanu Brown 15. Jerry Key 16. Michael Fenn 21. Regan Hughes

24. Freddy Lussick

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Nu Brown has dropped way down, he was starting 6 at the sharks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

A welcome back to the club for Zac Woolford, and a welcome to the club to Zac Saddler! Both late inclusions.

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Last edited by The Greenhouse on April 16, 2022, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Here come the Raiders! They’re out on North Sydney Oval. Now the Bears. Sam Williams kicks off. We are underway!

And the kick off is out on the full.

PENALTY BEARS.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Welcome back Sammy

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

3rd min TRY RAIDERS to Jarrod Croker! He runs to corner, rolls over and grounds it! Croker on the sideline… just misses the conversion attempt.

Raiders 4-0
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

10th min PENALTY RAIDERS The Bears produce an obstruction in red zone attack.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

13th min ERROR RAIDERS Forward pass from Sam Williams to Hudson Young on half way.