Adam Elliott to join Newcastle Knights

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Off
Laurie Daley

Re: Adam Elliott to join Newcastle Knights

Post by Off »

Yeah he's great , the best I've ever seen. Unbelievably skilled, Clyde like in his ability. NEWCASTLE have really hit it out of the park here, great side that attracts the cream of the cream.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Actually I was a bit aloof here, a once in a lifetime get, kudos Newcastle.

This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

in 2023, do we think anyone on this board will say earnestly "Man, we really miss Adam Elliott"?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It's all moot mate while Rocky is coach though.

This place is woke.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Question wrote: June 18, 2022, 8:39 pm Yeah he's great , the best I've ever seen. Unbelievably skilled, Clyde like in his ability. NEWCASTLE have really hit it out of the park here, great side that attracts the cream of the cream.

Careful Q, you’re at risk of sounding like a happy clapper here fella
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: June 18, 2022, 9:49 pm in 2023, do we think anyone on this board will say earnestly "Man, we really miss Adam Elliott"?
Maybe JJH, except for the fact he is Adam, and he wont miss us.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Botman wrote: June 18, 2022, 9:49 pm in 2023, do we think anyone on this board will say earnestly "Man, we really miss Adam Elliott"?
No because during the off season there will probably be about 5 Adam Elliott level players that will come onto the market.
It would have been nice to keep him because obviously he’s been here and learnt our structures but I doubt anyone at HQ will be losing a second of sleep over this.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Finchy wrote: June 19, 2022, 7:41 am
Maybe JJH, except for the fact he is Adam, and he wont miss us.
Now my friend , do you really think I won’t miss us? I love us ❤️ You will become a fine friend stop being that guy
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Only after he stampedes Whitehead for his 4th try of our 2023 match up.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Riaan wrote: June 19, 2022, 10:36 am
No because during the off season there will probably be about 5 Adam Elliott level players that will come onto the market.
It would have been nice to keep him because obviously he’s been here and learnt our structures but I doubt anyone at HQ will be losing a second of sleep over this.
We have structures????
Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

Adam Elliot, still silencing the haterz.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Only after he stampedes Whitehead for his 4th try of our 2023 match up.
He is going to completely destroy us when we play them next season, isn't he

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

As is tradition.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

*Bump*

Just had to say, surprisingly, we’re really going to miss Adam “Joshjacksonshead” Elliott next year. His form and effort for us this year has been top shelf. Good signing for the Knoughts.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Yep - he’s very good
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

I’ll give him credit - he’s ended up playing better than I thought he would. He’s also kept up his form for us following his signing of the knights contract. Fair play. Happy to admit I didn’t get it right with old joshjacksonshead Elliott.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Had his best game in his career today. That slips catch close to the line when Storm were attacking was brilliant. He was good in defence and attack. Don't know why he dropped to the bench recently, he's better than Sutton. Great to see him do well.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Been great. Well done jjh
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

He'll play SOO at some point, outstanding.

This place is woke.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Well friends we all make mistakes sometimes, except me , and it takes a big man to admit he was wrong, so kudos to you all , I’m so happy I could educate rather than have to discipline, as trust me when I say you don’t want to go there.

I also hope that by speaking up , taking on , and winning against combined establishments that new posters and lurkers who may be bit gun shy will now see how to dive straight in and uphold the right , even when it feels the whole world is against you , and come up smelling like roses.

So finally, in conclusion, I just have to say how delighted I am that we are all friends again, my work here is done, and I think I may have to turn my attention towards any bullying of Ricky Stuart, which I noticed rears it’s ugly head now and again, ok thanks again team.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Joshjacksonshead wrote:Well friends we all make mistakes sometimes, except me , and it takes a big man to admit he was wrong, so kudos to you all , I’m so happy I could educate rather than have to discipline, as trust me when I say you don’t want to go there.

I also hope that by speaking up , taking on , and winning against combined establishments that new posters and lurkers who may be bit gun shy will now see how to dive straight in and uphold the right , even when it feels the whole world is against you , and come up smelling like roses.

So finally, in conclusion, I just have to say how delighted I am that we are all friends again, my work here is done, and I think I may have to turn my attention towards any bullying of Ricky Stuart, which I noticed rears it’s ugly head now and again, ok thanks again team.
Please note Adam Elliot is only a dropped ball, missed tackle, bad pass or wife shag away from feeling the full fury of a rugby league fan forum. Your work here will never be done. Image
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Thrilled his run of form has continued. Hope it continues the rest of the year.
I stand firmly by the position that

1. This form wont last, and eventually he'll end up back to where his usual solid, plodding self

b. Even if he does maintain this exact level of form (which again, i doubt), in order to keep him we'd have had to stump up roughly 500k (or more, if the knights matched) and even for this level of performance, it's still overs imo
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I think the main thing this thread shows us that rugby league is one of the hardest sports for fans to separate the team and the individual. Happens en masse across fans.

Also occurs with rep selections so it's no shot from me. There are at least 5 centres comfortably better than Stephen Crichton eligible for NSW. But they don't play for the best team in the comp.

It's the same reason buying players shaken out of the top teams rarely works. Unless they are obvious guns like GI or Reynolds etc.

An interesting comparison is Hudson Young and Liam Martin. At identical stages of their career. If they had have come through at the opposite club Young w0uld have 6 Origins and Martin 0.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yes, the best recruiting targets are good players that stand out in poor teams.

I agree with the Young vs Martin comparison. I've always been a huge fan of Young and I've always thought his contribution has been underrated. However, I also think Martin is a quality backrower, albeit with a more limited skillset. Martin would be a good replacement for Elliott as they fill the same role, but there is no question their pricetag would be different.

The Raiders have often commented on how they look out for good players squeezed out of clubs due to cap pressure, or situations like Adam Elliott and CHN. It quite often pays off.

Our biggest challenge is developing key playmakers, because they are almost impossible to recruit.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Elliott has been in good form, which is good for us.

And I agree Hudson wouldn't look out of place in a blues jersey
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

Reading through these pages I can see numerous players that were destined for the scrap heap after a few games in first grade … plodders, NSW cup at best, should never wear a Raiders jumper again ..
Thinking of Elliot, Young, Horsburgh, Guler etc etc etc, heck even Jack got his fair share in his earlier days
You’re not safe here unless you’ve played 3 seasons without ever given away a penalty, dropped a ball, missed tackle.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

dubby wrote: July 18, 2022, 6:15 pm Elliott has been in good form, which is good for us.

I'm so torn with Hudson - he has some wonderful skill and obviously has a huge impact on our team. But boy does he do some stupid **** sometimes (e.g. too many unnecessary penalties).. Reminds me a bit of BJ.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

pacman wrote: July 20, 2022, 9:14 am
dubby wrote: July 18, 2022, 6:15 pm Elliott has been in good form, which is good for us.

I'm so torn with Hudson - he has some wonderful skill and obviously has a huge impact on our team. But boy does he do some stupid **** sometimes (e.g. too many unnecessary penalties).. Reminds me a bit of BJ.
Young at least has noticeably improved in that regard- from where he started at.

BJ put maybe most of a single season of controlled aggression together at max before reverting. CHN is also finding it hard to get the silly (as in no benefit to even doing it at the time/on that tackle) penalties out of his game.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

Has it been absolutely categorically and guaranteed that there is no way we can get him and the missus to break their contracts with Newcastle?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

He has been a great for the club...It's a shame all the experts on here got it wrong
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

career best form, not that that is difficult.

Still disappointed we signed him

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

This is the best he's ever played - and it's decent FG footy. Not a star, but a strong contributor.

The club has been good for him and he's played well for us. Shouldn't be any hard feelings. But it's always a risk for a player to move on when you are finally producing good football somewhere. Heading back to a bottom 4 team could see him go backwards Dogs and Cotric style again.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Ricky has a reasonable track record with some players getting the best out of themselves.

If Curtis Scott couldn’t remain disciplined under both Bellamy and Stuart, then I think that says more about him.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

I think I’m in the minority, but Elliott always seemed to be a smart pickup. Decent player having some of his salary paid for on a 1-year prove it deal.

Really stupid decision going to the Knights though. They’ve been in rebuild mode for about 10 years. He’s not going to look good playing off Clifford and Clune. This is probably the best form he will ever be in and won’t reach it again there.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Scott had a lack of talent on top of all the rubbish. Was always just a very over rated mediocre at best centre. Kris and Timoko are better players than he ever was imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.