2022 Canberra Raiders squad

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2022 Canberra Raiders squad

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty wrote: November 9, 2021, 6:06 pm
sprintman wrote: November 9, 2021, 11:34 am Queensland has just blocked all unvaccinated persons from access to stadiums.
With a game in Melbourne that looks like 5 games we'll be missing a bunch of players.
Six. Don Furner said it was "a couple" of players today... and seemed to be hopeful it could be worked through before the start of the season. I presume that involves either convincing the players to become vaccinated or they get a valid medical exemption. Not sure how the Victorian and Queensland rules treat the latter group of people.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Quarter of our games :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Can only hope the "not getting paid for x% of the season" influences them to get vaxxed. -if that gets over the line-

5 games is a 20% reduction?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BadnMean wrote: November 9, 2021, 6:50 pm Can only hope the "not getting paid for x% of the season" influences them to get vaxxed. -if that gets over the line-

5 games is a 20% reduction?
Six games… and the NRL is still working out what the pay reduction scale should be.
Akyle1994
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Akyle1994 »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: November 9, 2021, 10:32 am
Timbo wrote: November 9, 2021, 10:16 am
Raider47 wrote: November 8, 2021, 3:22 pm Keeping Sam Williams is beyond madness and is just a decision born out of not wanting to hurt his feelings.

Like what is the point? We already have three other younger halfbacks. Surely he can be of service to an ESL team. It's just gonna stunt Schneider's development who no doubt will still be a bench warmer at NSW Cup level.

In terms of the talent in the squad, I too think it is 7th-12th placed team. However all it takes is Savage to have a break out year and Wighton to step up again and all of a sudden we could be quite decent. Both of which are more than possible.
Williams has turned down multi-year offers from ESL teams to sign one year deals to be our backup half twice now I think.

He's the definition of mediocrity. He's afraid to go overseas and actually try his luck. And why shouldn't he be? His stints with the Dragons, Wakefield and Catalans were total failures.

He's somehow found an organisation that is willing to sign him over, and over, and over, and over to six-figure deals that lets him live in Canberra near his mates and not be held to any account because of the 'good bloke, local junior' premium that the Raiders apply.
I am glad you and other posters have pointed it out, Timbo. Sammy doesn't deserve a place in the top 30 of our squad. No other NRL team would sign him in their top 30 except us. He cannot even do the basics like make tackles expected of an average level NRL footballer. His best form was more than 5 years ago playing in 2016 - for Mounties in the NSW Cup.
As much as I like Sammy I have to agree. He is resigned because he’s a ‘good bloke’, I’m beginning to wonder if Stuart wants a winning squad or a squad that are on the long live Stuart train.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Timbo wrote:
Raider47 wrote: November 8, 2021, 3:22 pm Keeping Sam Williams is beyond madness and is just a decision born out of not wanting to hurt his feelings.

Like what is the point? We already have three other younger halfbacks. Surely he can be of service to an ESL team. It's just gonna stunt Schneider's development who no doubt will still be a bench warmer at NSW Cup level.

In terms of the talent in the squad, I too think it is 7th-12th placed team. However all it takes is Savage to have a break out year and Wighton to step up again and all of a sudden we could be quite decent. Both of which are more than possible.
Williams has turned down multi-year offers from ESL teams to sign one year deals to be our backup half twice now I think.

He's the definition of mediocrity. He's afraid to go overseas and actually try his luck. And why shouldn't he be? His stints with the Dragons, Wakefield and Catalans were total failures.

He's somehow found an organisation that is willing to sign him over, and over, and over, and over to six-figure deals that lets him live in Canberra near his mates and not be held to any account because of the 'good bloke, local junior' premium that the Raiders apply.
I'm glad you've spoken to him and know what his motives for staying are

Seems you're just complaining for the sake of complaining as usual

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

-TW- wrote: November 9, 2021, 7:20 pm
Timbo wrote:

I'm glad you've spoken to him and know what his motives for staying are

Seems you're just complaining for the sake of complaining as usual

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Sorry Mrs Williams I’ll stop being mean about your son on the internet.

That is, as soon as he stops stealing money pretending to be a first grade footballer.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Updated 2022 squads:

NRL Top 30

Nick Cotric
Jarrod Croker
Adam Elliott
Jamal Fogarty
Matt Frawley
Emre Guler