Manly Sea Eagles 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Manly Sea Eagles 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Squad Game: Sea Eagles 2022 roster changes and best 17

For all the focus on Tom Trbojevic's heroics, the breakout seasons of several emerging stars were just as critical to Manly's stunning 2021 turnaround and they'll enter the new season full of self-belief and confidence. Des Hasler's squad goes into 2022 as one of the sides least disrupted by personnel changes and a first premiership since 2011 is certainly not out of the question.

Possible best 17
1. Tom Trbojevic, 2. Jason Saab, 3. Brad Parker, 4. Morgan Harper, 5. Reuben Garrick, 6. Kieran Foran, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Josh Aloiai, 9. Lachlan Croker, 10. Martin Taupau, 11. Haumole Olaka'uatu, 12. Josh Schuster, 13. Jake Trbojevic, 14. Dylan Walker, 15. Sean Keppie, 16. Karl Lawton, 17. Taniela Paseka

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/12/28/squ ... d-best-17/
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Manly Sea Eagles 2022

Post by dubby »

One of the teams we will be competing for in a bottom 8 finish

Take Turbo out that's a ploder team
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

dubby wrote:One of the teams we will be competing for in a bottom 8 finish

I think Manly have some emerging players, particularly in the back row.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

dubby wrote: December 28, 2021, 4:27 pm One of the teams we will be competing for in a bottom 8 finish

They are literally wooden spooners without Turbo. With him, top 4 side. He’s that good.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

They're a great team. I hope Trbo stays injury free because they played the most entertaining football since the Canberra side of the 90s last year imo.

Their centres are pretty boring but it's a great side elsewhere and that's the way of the modern game anyway. The 2 young second rowers are very, very good. Croker is probably the most improved player in the competition and is on the way to becoming M Monaghan II.

Ethan Bullemor will be a bit of a revelation for them this year also imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Daly Cherry-Evans to finish career with Manly Sea Eagles, extended to end 2025

Manly Sea Eagles half Daly Cherry-Evans will finish his distinguished NRL career in the maroon and white jersey. The Sea Eagles today officially re-signed Cherry-Evans for a further two seasons. Off contract at the end of the 2023 season, Cherry-Evans will remain at Manly for the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/04/06/dce ... ea-eagles/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sea Eagles, Blues dealt ‘killer blow’ with Turbo ruled out for the season

The Manly Sea Eagles and New South Wales Blues have been dealt a devastating blow, with Tom Trbojevic reportedly ruled out for the remainder of the 2022 season.

The Daily Telegraph broke the news on Saturday afternoon, which comes after the superstar fullback injured his shoulder against the Parramatta Eels on Friday night.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c46bd49ef9
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

So seven players are threatening to stand down this week on religious grounds because Manly wanted to roll out a Pride Jersey.

But they have no issues playing at 4 Pines Stadium or rocking PointsBet on their jersey…
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I knew I hated manly
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Unfortunately, the Raiders wouldn't be any different.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I knew I hated…

Ah **** 🫤
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Amateur hour from Manly here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seven Sea Eagles boycott Roosters game over LGBTIQA jersey as Hasler ‘supports’ decision

Seven Manly players have stood down from selection for Thursday’s game against the Roosters over the club’s decision to wear a pride jersey. Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolutau Koula and Toafofoa Sipley will not play.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8bd056974d
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Inconsiderate ****. Why couldn't they schedule this jersey for round 24?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I can never understand why some Christians would use their religious beliefs to draw the line about some rainbow colours on their jerseys, or similar perceived issues.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: July 25, 2022, 9:15 pm Inconsiderate ****. Why couldn't they schedule this jersey for round 24?
Want to win some fantasy footy H2Hs huh?!?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

This is all time.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

No wonder we have only 1 (that I know of) openly gay 1st grader of the scores and scores that would be about.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 25, 2022, 9:15 pm Inconsiderate ****. Why couldn't they schedule this jersey for round 24?
Want to win some fantasy footy H2Hs huh?!?
Matt.. we're playing Manly in rd 24.

Well I guess Manly are up a creek.... I'll see myself out.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Looks like the bookies have wisely suspended betting on the Manly game. Bastards.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

greeneyed wrote: July 25, 2022, 7:26 pm Unfortunately, the Raiders wouldn't be any different.
I think we know who the likely culprits would be too.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: July 25, 2022, 7:26 pm Unfortunately, the Raiders wouldn't be any different.
Every team would be the same.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

What annoys me the most is the magical shield of religion that’s allowing them to get away with this.

Wait till they find out what god thinks about having ‘Pointsbet’ plastered across their jersey, or playing on the Sabbath, or having tattoos, or premarital sex, or wearing clothing made out of a weave of different cloths.

Stop it, please. This has nothing to do with loving Jesus.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

There are certainly some bits of the bible which get completely ignored in favour of other bits. There's nothing especially in the bible about gambling though -despite what most people including journo's seem to think and print- and alcohol isn't forbidden (drunkenness is spoken against), although there certainly is about usury and I bet every one of those players has a home loan or two...

Manly have made a mess for themselves by trying to do the right thing unfortunately while every other club and the NRL is free to sweep this one under the rug.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

BadnMean wrote: July 26, 2022, 7:16 am There are certainly some bits of the bible which get completely ignored in favour of other bits. There's nothing especially in the bible about gambling though -despite what most people including journo's seem to think and print- and alcohol isn't forbidden (drunkenness is spoken against), although there certainly is about usury and I bet every one of those players has a home loan or two...

Manly have made a mess for themselves by trying to do the right thing unfortunately while every other club and the NRL is free to sweep this one under the rug.
I would argue that where the bible states ‘The love of money is the root of all evil’ (1 Timothy 6:10) is all-encompassing of gambling (why else would you gamble?) but I suppose this isn’t the place for a theological debate.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

BJ wrote: July 25, 2022, 9:19 pm I can never understand why some Christians would use their religious beliefs to draw the line about some rainbow colours on their jerseys, or similar perceived issues.
Usman Khawaja blocked out the VB logo on his cricket uniform 🤷‍♂️
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Timbo wrote: July 26, 2022, 7:08 am What annoys me the most is the magical shield of religion that’s allowing them to get away with this.

Wait till they find out what god thinks about having ‘Pointsbet’ plastered across their jersey, or playing on the Sabbath, or having tattoos, or premarital sex, or wearing clothing made out of a weave of different cloths.

Were you this outraged when Haneen Zreika refused to play wearing a pride jersey for GWS?

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

dubby wrote:
BJ wrote: July 25, 2022, 9:19 pm I can never understand why some Christians would use their religious beliefs to draw the line about some rainbow colours on their jerseys, or similar perceived issues.
Usman Khawaja blocked out the VB logo on his cricket uniform Image
I’d do the same. But that’s because I hate VB and have become a beer snob for ridiculous $10 a can IPA’s.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

What a bunch of bigoted unprofessional *****.

All NRL clubs should now wear a pride jersey whenever they play Manly from now on.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Timbo wrote: July 26, 2022, 8:00 am
BadnMean wrote: July 26, 2022, 7:16 am There are certainly some bits of the bible which get completely ignored in favour of other bits. There's nothing especially in the bible about gambling though -despite what most people including journo's seem to think and print- and alcohol isn't forbidden (drunkenness is spoken against), although there certainly is about usury and I bet every one of those players has a home loan or two...

I would argue that where the bible states ‘The love of money is the root of all evil’ (1 Timothy 6:10) is all-encompassing of gambling (why else would you gamble?) but I suppose this isn’t the place for a theological debate.
You could, but it's a general warning against greed and says absolutely nothing about gambling.

There's certainly nothing in that passage to prevent against gambling any more than there is against having a player manager or being paid more than your team mate or any work colleague for that matter (why not, except for greed or pride etc).
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The bible says nothing about gambling or punting but it is clear to not love money.

As for usury, that's exodus 22:25: If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you, you shall not be like a moneylender to him; you shall not charge him interest.

That's pretty self explanatory. Nothing to do with home loans

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Manly jersey has never looked better. Low bar I know.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: July 26, 2022, 9:02 am
Timbo wrote: July 26, 2022, 7:08 am What annoys me the most is the magical shield of religion that’s allowing them to get away with this.

Were you this outraged when Haneen Zreika refused to play wearing a pride jersey for GWS?
Once again, as i told you last time you mentioned her, people were not outraged by her because no one knows she bloody exists.
And anyone who has a problem with Manly and takes the time to google her isn't likely to defend her either :lol:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Anonymity isn't an excuse. It's indicative of a society that comprises varying people and different beliefs.

I hadn't heard of some of those Manly players either.