2022 All Stars: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2022 All Stars: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse »

13 mins to go TRY INDIGENOUS ALL STARS substitute winger Tyrell Sloan, off a Hynes kick to the corner.

Maori All Stars 16
Indigenous All Stars 10
The Greenhouse score update service
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

This sure has been willing.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Was that a little jab from Tapani??
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Great game in **** conditions

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Good game of footy
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Maori team stop the try! Captain's challenge from the Indigenous team fails. Emotion filled, willing clash.

FULL TIME

Maori All Stars 16
Indigenous All Stars 10

MATCH REPORT: Tapine stands tall as Maori All Stars reign in rain

A captain's knock from Joe Tapine has spearheaded the Maori All Stars to a 16-10 win over the Indigenous All Stars at CommBank Stadium on Saturday night.

Tapine revelled in the responsibility handed to him by Maori coach David Kidwell, scoring a crucial try and running for 125 metres with seven tackle breaks.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/02/12/tap ... n-in-rain/

Tapine shines, Rapana in strife as Maori win All Stars clash: https://canberraweekly.com.au/tapine-sh ... ars-clash/
Last edited by The Greenhouse on February 12, 2022, 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Enjoyable to watch that. Raps on the radio essentially saying yeah they might have been shoulders but I had do everything possible to stop the try - then admitted… Ricky won’t be happy! 🤣
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Joe Tapine wins the Preston Campbell Medal for Player of the Match.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Taps man of the match
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

What a great start to the season. Very high skill level. We had a discussion on possible future Raider Captains. Joe Tapine looks the goods. He was very strong tonight. Long minutes too.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

that confirms CNK for #1 round 2

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:46 pm What a great start to the season. Very high skill level. We had a discussion on possible future Raider Captains. Joe Tapine looks the goods. He was very strong tonight. Long minutes too.
He made a fair case for it Red. Jibbers on the radio suggesting Raps will get 4 weeks. I doubt it.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:51 pm
RedRaider wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:46 pm What a great start to the season. Very high skill level. We had a discussion on possible future Raider Captains. Joe Tapine looks the goods. He was very strong tonight. Long minutes too.
He made a fair case for it Red. Jibbers on the radio suggesting Raps will get 4 weeks. I doubt it.
He has history, given its 2 charges I was thinking potentially 6+weeks

4 weeks would be 3 cause 1 trial counts
Vaccinated
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

We play the Sharks first up. Surely Rapana v Fifita is an easy promotion for the NRL. With HSS gone, if Raps is also not available, we are thin in the backs before the season begins.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:53 pm

Was it really that bad? I’ll need to watch again but I thought there was zero problems with the second one and not much in the first.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:04 pm
cat wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:53 pm

Was it really that bad? I’ll need to watch again but I thought there was zero problems with the second one and not much in the first.
Billy I hope I'm wrong BUT shoulder charges seem to be heavily weighed at the judiciary

You seem to either get nothing or get canned and any carry over points will hurt
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Sure if it was on or around magic round last year he’d likely be facing a firing squad but I thought some sanity was returning. I think you’re right that it’s probably a lottery.

How you been anyway Cat? Haven’t been around in a bit - hope that Sydney sniffle hasn’t caught up with you?
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:40 pm Taps man of the match
and don't take this personally - no, actually, you should - your jibes are really annoying. Stick to the on field action.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Lui_Bon wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:16 pm
Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:40 pm Taps man of the match
and don't take this personally - no, actually, you should - your jibes are really annoying. Stick to the on field action.
I tried to take it personally but it just didn’t happen. Don’t take my jabs so seriously Lui.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:01 pm We play the Sharks first up. Surely Rapana v Fifita is an easy promotion for the NRL. With HSS gone, if Raps is also not available, we are thin in the backs before the season begins.
For Xavier Savage of Cairns, opportunity knocks…
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

No contact with the head in either Rapa hit. Could be anywhere from 0 to 2 weeks IMO.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Nothing in the second incident. Not much in the first.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:37 pm Nothing in the second incident. Not much in the first.
That was my take as well. Not sure who the jibberers on ABC radio saying 4 weeks were. Raps didn’t help himself much in the post game radio interview- essentially gave himself up. I’d say more likely to get a fine if anything.
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 8:27 pm
EJ wrote: February 12, 2022, 8:25 pm I love Jordy

Taps looks good too Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I thought Jordy was getting a bit beyond it but I have to admit he looks lean, full of energy and quite fit.
Last edited by GreenGirl on February 12, 2022, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 8:51 pm
gergreg wrote: February 12, 2022, 8:50 pm Fifita is going to try to murder Rapana in this last 20+ minutes.
And it’s not like Tarps will protect him - the blokes scared of two small pricks let alone one massive one!
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 9:38 pm Enjoyable to watch that. Raps on the radio essentially saying yeah they might have been shoulders but I had do everything possible to stop the try - then admitted… Ricky won’t be happy! 🤣
Doing “everything possible” in pre season not washing off with me :| :|
Last edited by GreenGirl on February 12, 2022, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:42 pm

I thought Jordy was getting a bit beyond it but I have to admit he looks lean, full of energy and quite fit.
Yep I agree - totally pissed off we hope he still looks this way come red 7 before we see him
Rd7 - that’s a bit dramatic GG. I’m assuming the fact he played tonight means there are no issues with the drink driving charge. That shoulder wasn’t much. He will miss 1-2 weeks if anything. I’m still tipping a fine.

More importantly we can all be please he came to his senses and gave up on the blonde streaks.
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:53 pm

Yep I agree - totally pissed off we hope he still looks this way come red 7 before we see him
Rd7 - that’s a bit dramatic GG. I’m assuming the fact he played tonight means there are no issues with the drink driving charge. That shoulder wasn’t much. He will miss 1-2 weeks if anything. I’m still tipping a fine.

More importantly we can all be please he came to his senses and gave up on the blonde streaks.
We are on different wave lengths here - yes things happen in a game but that’s unacceptable in a pre season “hitout” -
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: February 12, 2022, 11:01 pm
Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:53 pm

We are on different wave lengths here - yes things happen in a game but that’s unacceptable in a pre season “hitout” -
Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a lunatic throwing himself about like that in a pre-season game and lucky not to have made worse contact or injure himself. I just think he’s lucky that what he actually did wasn’t as bad as it could have been. He shouldn’t be in too much trouble but he needs to reign it in no doubt.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: February 12, 2022, 10:15 pm Sure if it was on or around magic round last year he’d likely be facing a firing squad but I thought some sanity was returning. I think you’re right that it’s probably a lottery.

How you been anyway Cat? Haven’t been around in a bit - hope that Sydney sniffle hasn’t caught up with you?
Billy I'm not holding my breath that common sense or sanity are now part of the judiciary system, I think it will snow in Darwin before that happens

And I've been great , thank you for asking. Working too hard but aren't we all.
And so far so good my boostered vaccination has kept me safe 😀
Vaccinated
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Great to have the footy back after a summer of boring cricket (although great to see Australia win 4-0) and meaningless BBL matches with club cricketers.
Tapine was enormous - it's obvious he enjoys responsibility. Could be the best forward in the game and I love watching him play. Would be a better captain option than Whitehead. I hope Rapa doesn't get suspended.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

You shouldn't be able to miss NRL games for something that happens in an exhibition match anyway ****.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker wrote:
On field performance and leadership is half the job.

He can’t (or at least shouldn’t) be chosen based on the other half.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

julian87 wrote:You shouldn't be able to miss NRL games for something that happens in an exhibition match anyway ****.
This is straight out of the Phil Gould playbook of an idea that sounds good and appeals to the emotional response. But the practicalities means that it’s a terrible idea.

You can’t have players being reckless in trials knowing there are no repercussions. What happens when a marquee player gets rubbed out due to a careless tackle?

What they’ll do in practice is just be more lenient on suspensions from trial games, without drawing attention to it. They’ll still have the rules in place to come down hard when necessary and players don’t change their behaviour, but practically minor incidents are going to be more likely to be treated leniently.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: February 13, 2022, 7:35 am
julian87 wrote:You shouldn't be able to miss NRL games for something that happens in an exhibition match anyway ****.
This is straight out of the Phil Gould playbook of an idea that sounds good and appeals to the emotional response. But the practicalities means that it’s a terrible idea.

You can’t have players being reckless in trials knowing there are no repercussions. What happens when a marquee player gets rubbed out due to a careless tackle?

What they’ll do in practice is just be more lenient on suspensions from trial games, without drawing attention to it. They’ll still have the rules in place to come down hard when necessary and players don’t change their behaviour, but practically minor incidents are going to be more likely to be treated leniently.
Agree that can’t happen, but there is a small bloodthirsty part of me that wishes it could. Origin used to seem to operate on a different set of rules where violence and brutality was all just part of origin. The AFL used to have a hybrid game with Gaelic footy that was played against Ireland once a year and that was just a brawl for many years as it was an exhibition with no suspension carrying into the AFL.

Probably best all that is left in the past I think. There are enough other sports that encourage violence and brutality these days. I was impressed with the skill level and ball handling for a game player in horrendous conditions last night.