2022 NRL Round 2: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: 2022 NRL Round 2: Teams and Game Day

Post by BJ »

Bailey Simmonson not doing anything to ingratiate himself with Eels supporters.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BJ wrote:Bailey Simmonson not doing anything to ingratiate himself with Eels supporters.
I may have gone off a minute too early.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BJ wrote:
BJ wrote:Bailey Simmonson not doing anything to ingratiate himself with Eels supporters.
Nah. He grounded it on the touch in goal. Resume my original post.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

BJ wrote:
Nope, demonstrating why he will not be missed in Green
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BJ wrote:
gangrenous wrote:Which particular ones in mind BJ?
The ones that particularly come to mind was Parra against Titans with the man playing the ball whilst moving forward off the mark, pushing defenders and playing the ball on the markers leg. I didn’t think this was a clear cut decision to overrule the on field ruling.

Also Thursday nights Storm call where I thought Munster ran very fast at an opposing angle into the line roughly level with the player with the ball. I thought the on field call was consistent with how the game has been played for a century.

There was a strip overrule in one of the games last week, where it was roughly clear the defender had attempted to strip the ball. It was very similar to the Whitehead call last week but the opposite ruling (which for the record was I think the correct call against us, so this isn’t a Raiders thing).

I want clearly wrong calls overruled in the captains challenge. Many this season so far have left both the Commentators and fans confused. It was very hard to win a Captains Challenge last season, unless it was clear cut.
Image agree with you.

The Munster one was borderline. I’m generally in favour of ruling hard on the decoy runner, onus is on them to stay out of things. In that case the defender did go a bit out of their way to drop the decoy runner.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Greenhouse score update service
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ugh. Worse thing is I changed my tip to the Eels.

I can't believe that the Sharks have done virtually nothing to enhance their stadium. They have built more leagues club and a hotel right up to the edge of the venue... but they closed the ground for a year, and did almost nothing to enhance the actual seating.