Recruitment and retention

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: Recruitment and retention

Post by RedRaider »

That is a great contribution Hong Kong Raider. Thank you. Interesting that Papa and Taps not rated by Gallen in the Top 5 Props this year. Raiders spending focus is on 9 and 6 which looks right. We have underspent on the 1 and 7 positions but the salaries are probably right for the 2022 contribution. I am surprised that the players who handle the football more than anyone else - Hookers, who also have a high defensive load, are paid less on average than Props who may only spend 30 to 50 minutes on the park in each match.
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

Finchy wrote: May 1, 2022, 1:15 pm Interesting that Croker’s $600k overs is now the average wage for a centre. He’d also be getting $200k or so of that not on the cap due to long service wouldn’t he?
That’s the average salary of the top 5 centres. Based on that table the average center is on 300k range.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Crash Ball wrote: May 1, 2022, 2:17 pm
Finchy wrote: May 1, 2022, 1:15 pm Interesting that Croker’s $600k overs is now the average wage for a centre. He’d also be getting $200k or so of that not on the cap due to long service wouldn’t he?
That’s the average salary of the top 5 centres. Based on that table the average center is on 300k range.
Ah my mistake. Still massive overs then, considering he'll likely never crack first grade again. At least not here.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: April 30, 2022, 2:37 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote:
BJ wrote: April 29, 2022, 12:12 pm I think Schuster’s passing game as a backrower would be amazing. One in from Wighton’s running game as a 5/8th, what a complimentary combination they could become.
Yep. I do recognise it's a bit of a pipe dream though when it comes to our club. We haven't made any ambitious signings like this in a while.
I'd go all in on Schuster. He is probably too big and not quite quick enough for 5/8 but we need ... not another ... "a" ballplaying option and Schuster has that in spades. Manly has him, Olakatoa (however you spell it), Bullemor and Ben Trobeyvic all vying for the second row. They won't get rid of Ben for obvious reasons - and I thought that was his best game so far last night. There were a few nice things from him. The big Olakatoa is a beast - if we can't get Schuster you go for him but Schuster would be the number 1 second rower to go for.

Agree with Pig, Tago looks worth a crack too and I'm sure there's other fringe players at Panthers you go for. Buy two.

I don't think we need to go too crazy with recruitment. We have some good pieces. Fogarty and HSS were huge losses this year. We can't use Hodgson leaving as an excuse because the club really didn't want him. But as Nickman said elsewhere (paraphrasing here) we do have some players that are good enough but they're not playing to their best. We need a new coach.

For all the recent criticism of the fans turning on the club, of course I don't have the inside knowledge, but the criticism from the fans I imagine is exactly the areas that coaches at the better clubs would be levelling directly at their players. Does anybody believe that Bellamy or Robinson would put up with the way our players have been performing this year and last? There's no way in hell. Our players have adopted Jack's infamous 'still got paid' mentality. Their **** phoning it in because the club is currently lacking any personal accountability.
Schuster is agitating to be a 5/8. You'd have to play him there. If he fails, you might be able to move him wider again, but you would probably need to give him a yr at 6.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: April 30, 2022, 1:19 pm Some facts about CNK… he was man of the match six times in 2019, a year when the Raiders made the Grand Final.

“Nicoll-Klokstad ended the 2019 season with 11 tries, second only to Jarrod Croker at the Raiders. He ranked fourth in the try scoring stakes amongst his fellow fullbacks. Nicoll-Klokstad finished second in the NRL, to James Tedesco, for total running metres and finished first for kick return metres. He was in the top 10 players for running metres per game, and first for kick return metres per game amongst the regular fullbacks. He made five in goal escapes, more than any player in the NRL. He was seventh in the NRL for total tackle breaks - and first at the Raiders. The area where he'll be no doubt looking to improve is his ball playing. He had four try assists for the season, and three try contributions, but that was well down the list of fullbacks. He still finished fourth at the Raiders for total try involvements.”

https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33729

He was MOTM three times in 2020.

“Nicoll-Klokstad ended the 2020 season with seven tries, compared with 11 in 2019 - meaning his strike rate was slightly down. He ranked equal third at the Raiders in the try scoring stakes - behind Nick Cotric and Jack Wighton - and eighth amongst the regular NRL fullbacks.

In 2019, Nicoll-Klokstad finished second in the NRL, to James Tedesco, for total running metres and finished first for kick return metres. This year, he dropped to seventh for running metres and eighth for kick return metres. He also dropped out of the top 10 players for average running metres and kick return metres per game. Last year, "CNK" was seventh in the NRL for total tackle breaks and first at the Raiders. However, in 2020, he dropped outside the top 20 players in the NRL in that department. He has worked on his ball playing. But with just four try assists for the season, he was well behind the benchmark fullbacks like Gutherson (19), Ponga (16), Dufty and Tedesco (15). It's something he'll want to continue to work on.”

https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34319

“Nicoll-Klokstad ended up making eight appearances for the Green Machine in 2021, six starting at fullback and two from the bench. He was sorely missed by the team - and I believe his absence was a major reason for the Raiders missing the finals.

Comparing CNK's 2021 statistics with those of previous seasons is very difficult. Not only did he make only eight appearances, he only played around 25 minutes in two matches, and 60 in another. His numbers on a per game basis, however, compare remarkably well with 2020. He still finished first at the club for running metres per game - level with Jordan Rapana - and second for kick return metres. He was also amongst the top four Raiders for tackle breaks per game.”

viewtopic.php?t=34825

The suggestion CNK’s form this year is anything like his form/contributions in other seasons, prior to his injury… well, it’s just not correct. And he was certainly better than an average fullback.
Yeah still can’t pass, is struggling to catch and has been shown up badly on goal line defence. If he was put on the open market tomorrow who is taking him?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: May 1, 2022, 1:19 pm That is a great contribution Hong Kong Raider. Thank you. Interesting that Papa and Taps not rated by Gallen in the Top 5 Props this year. Raiders spending focus is on 9 and 6 which looks right. We have underspent on the 1 and 7 positions but the salaries are probably right for the 2022 contribution. I am surprised that the players who handle the football more than anyone else - Hookers, who also have a high defensive load, are paid less on average than Props who may only spend 30 to 50 minutes on the park in each match.
As the teams ran out on the weekend Blocker Roach (not that he is a great mind of the game) said Papalli was probably getting a bit long in the tooth now. I’d say he’s still been one of our best all season but that is an interesting take. I wonder if we sometimes do rate him against a lower standard because he’s a lovable big dude that always has a go. Does he still stack up against Fisher-Harris, Haas and some of the other guys getting around? I wouldn’t have said Papa was a problem but Gallen, Blocker and others haven’t got the same green goggles on that we might.
pato2j
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: big Mal

Post by pato2j »

Interesting article. Heat being applied.

2022 over already: Time for change in Canberra as Raiders slump again

The Canberra Raiders have lost five straight games, and the bitter reality facing the green machine is that they are currently among the worst teams in the competition. That's not to say they are the worst team on paper.

On paper, they still have nine players left over from the 2019 NRL grand final loss to the Sydney Roosters, being Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Jordan Rapana, Nick Cotric, Jack Wighton, Josh Papalii, Elliott Whitehead, Joseph Tapine, Emre Guler and Corey Horsburgh. The problem is that, in the space of less than two and a half seasons, most of those nine players have fallen off the side of a cliff when it comes to their form.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/2022-over-al ... in-117013/
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:
Raiders_Pat wrote:
BJ wrote: April 29, 2022, 12:12 pm I think Schuster’s passing game as a backrower would be amazing. One in from Wighton’s running game as a 5/8th, what a complimentary combination they could become.
Yep. I do recognise it's a bit of a pipe dream though when it comes to our club. We haven't made any ambitious signings like this in a while.
I'd go all in on Schuster. He is probably too big and not quite quick enough for 5/8 but we need ... not another ... "a" ballplaying option and Schuster has that in spades. Manly has him, Olakatoa (however you spell it), Bullemor and Ben Trobeyvic all vying for the second row. They won't get rid of Ben for obvious reasons - and I thought that was his best game so far last night. There were a few nice things from him. The big Olakatoa is a beast - if we can't get Schuster you go for him but Schuster would be the number 1 second rower to go for.

Agree with Pig, Tago looks worth a crack too and I'm sure there's other fringe players at Panthers you go for. Buy two.

I don't think we need to go too crazy with recruitment. We have some good pieces. Fogarty and HSS were huge losses this year. We can't use Hodgson leaving as an excuse because the club really didn't want him. But as Nickman said elsewhere (paraphrasing here) we do have some players that are good enough but they're not playing to their best. We need a new coach.

For all the recent criticism of the fans turning on the club, of course I don't have the inside knowledge, but the criticism from the fans I imagine is exactly the areas that coaches at the better clubs would be levelling directly at their players. Does anybody believe that Bellamy or Robinson would put up with the way our players have been performing this year and last? There's no way in hell. Our players have adopted Jack's infamous 'still got paid' mentality. Their **** phoning it in because the club is currently lacking any personal accountability.
Schuster is agitating to be a 5/8. You'd have to play him there. If he fails, you might be able to move him wider again, but you would probably need to give him a yr at 6.
Quite possibly, but often it's about money. His manager looking for an upgraded deal? It's worth making some enquiries regardless.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Doesn’t count Croker from the 2019 GF.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Thinks Josh Hodgson signed with Wests
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Matt wrote: May 1, 2022, 8:47 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote:

You never know what the situation is in reality. He could have accepted less money for an opportunity to play 6. I don't think we'd necessarily have to play him at 6, we'd just need to come up with the extra money to give him the upgrade he's entitled to. I suspect he's on relatively low coin.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Billy Walker wrote: May 1, 2022, 9:18 pm
RedRaider wrote: May 1, 2022, 1:19 pm That is a great contribution Hong Kong Raider. Thank you. Interesting that Papa and Taps not rated by Gallen in the Top 5 Props this year. Raiders spending focus is on 9 and 6 which looks right. We have underspent on the 1 and 7 positions but the salaries are probably right for the 2022 contribution. I am surprised that the players who handle the football more than anyone else - Hookers, who also have a high defensive load, are paid less on average than Props who may only spend 30 to 50 minutes on the park in each match.
As the teams ran out on the weekend Blocker Roach (not that he is a great mind of the game) said Papalli was probably getting a bit long in the tooth now. I’d say he’s still been one of our best all season but that is an interesting take. I wonder if we sometimes do rate him against a lower standard because he’s a lovable big dude that always has a go. Does he still stack up against Fisher-Harris, Haas and some of the other guys getting around? I wouldn’t have said Papa was a problem but Gallen, Blocker and others haven’t got the same green goggles on that we might.
Papalii isnt the problem.

His contract is high but he was good on the weekend and tbh he is probably worth what we are paying him..

I think he runs out till 2024 and I think he has another two good years in him, I don't think we resign him past that point.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

papabear wrote: May 2, 2022, 10:13 am
Billy Walker wrote: May 1, 2022, 9:18 pm
Papalii isnt the problem.

His contract is high but he was good on the weekend and tbh he is probably worth what we are paying him..

I think he runs out till 2024 and I think he has another two good years in him, I don't think we resign him past that point.
No arguments from me
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 2, 2022, 7:57 am
Matt wrote: May 1, 2022, 8:47 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote:

You never know what the situation is in reality. He could have accepted less money for an opportunity to play 6. I don't think we'd necessarily have to play him at 6, we'd just need to come up with the extra money to give him the upgrade he's entitled to. I suspect he's on relatively low coin.
Umm... He re-signed just recrntly, on decent to good coin, for rookie, to play 6. That's why he is agitating.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I think we should poach the Cowboys Head of Football Micheal Luck

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/10 ... -football/

Ricky has been saying for ages we just need a bit of luck.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I was watching 100% Footy and they had Gus and Michael Chammas (who wrote the article in SMH regarding the salary cap and average salaries) explain how the best clubs pay less for their players / get the most value out of the money they pay for players. Gus mentioned that if the Melbourne Storm players or Penrith went on the open market, clubs would pay in excess of $13 million for their roster. I agree with this - Papenhuyzen, Jerome Hughes, Olam, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant would get a lot more than their current contract prices. Same with Penrith's Yeo, Luai, Edwards, To'o, May and Tago.

How much do you think our players would be collectively worth on the market ?

Except for Papa, Tapine, and perhaps Jack, there would be very few takers of our players on their current contract prices.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Here's the link to the discussion if you're interested:

How the best NRL clubs manage their salary cap

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Doesn't matter who we can recruit with Ricky as coach. Can see how well players that have left us do outside our system, so that tells me all I need to know
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Neeeegz wrote:Doesn't matter who we can recruit with Ricky as coach. Can see how well players that have left us do outside our system, so that tells me all I need to know
We have a system?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Azza wrote:
Neeeegz wrote:Doesn't matter who we can recruit with Ricky as coach. Can see how well players that have left us do outside our system, so that tells me all I need to know
We have a system?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Choosing not to have a system has to be a system yeah?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 3, 2022, 5:56 pm I was watching 100% Footy and they had Gus and Michael Chammas (who wrote the article in SMH regarding the salary cap and average salaries) explain how the best clubs pay less for their players / get the most value out of the money they pay for players. Gus mentioned that if the Melbourne Storm players or Penrith went on the open market, clubs would pay in excess of $13 million for their roster. I agree with this - Papenhuyzen, Jerome Hughes, Olam, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant would get a lot more than their current contract prices. Same with Penrith's Yeo, Luai, Edwards, To'o, May and Tago.

Except for Papa, Tapine, and perhaps Jack, there would be very few takers of our players on their current contract prices.
2 years ago when we were a top 4 team I would say quite a lot. Dogs paid overs for Cotric. Tigers same with Leilua. Right now their value is diminished. It's all relative to performance of the team and individuals at the time.

Storm are more the exception than the norm. Players all seem to hit their peak in that system.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 3, 2022, 5:56 pm I was watching 100% Footy and they had Gus and Michael Chammas (who wrote the article in SMH regarding the salary cap and average salaries) explain how the best clubs pay less for their players / get the most value out of the money they pay for players. Gus mentioned that if the Melbourne Storm players or Penrith went on the open market, clubs would pay in excess of $13 million for their roster. I agree with this - Papenhuyzen, Jerome Hughes, Olam, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant would get a lot more than their current contract prices. Same with Penrith's Yeo, Luai, Edwards, To'o, May and Tago.

buy great players for under the market value - check
set up the same systems as Melbourne without the Bellamy - check
win premiership - check

The NRL game is pretty easy!!
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

The Daily Telegraph recently published the salaries of all spines. Too much for Hodgson but can understand that value based on his past performances for us…

BRONCOS
Te Maire Martin 80k
Tyson Gamble 150k
Adam Reynolds 800k
Billy Walters 120k

Total - $1.15m

BULLDOGS

Matt Dufty 200k
Matt Burton 500k
Kyle Flanagan 450k
Jeremy Marshall-King 350k

Total - $1.5m

COWBOYS

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 450k
Tom Dearden 400k
Chad Townsend 800k
Reece Robson 450k

Total - $2.1m

DRAGONS

Tyrrell Sloan 220k
Junior Amone 350k
Ben Hunt 1.2m
Andrew McCullough 400k

Total - $2.14m

EELS

Clint Gutherson 750k
Dylan Brown 800k
Mitch Moses 900k
Reed Mahoney 450k

Total - $2.9m

KNIGHTS

Kalyn Ponga 1.05m
Jake Clifford 300k
Adam Clune 180k
Jayden Brailey 500k

Total - $1.985m

PANTHERS

Dylan Edwards 500k
Jarome Luai 700k
Nathan Cleary 1.1m
Api Koroisau 600k

Total - $2.9m

RABBITOHS

Latrell Mitchell 850k
Cody Walker 700k
Lachlan Illias 300k
Damien Cook 700k

Total - $2.55m

RAIDERS

CNK 500k
Jack Wighton 850k
Jamal Fogarty 550k
Josh Hodgson 800k

Total - $2.7m

ROOSTERS

James Tedesco 1.1m
Sam Walker 400k
Luke Keary 800k
Sam Verrils 450k

Total - $2.75m

SEA EAGLES

Tom Trbojevic 1.1m
Keiran Foran 250k
DCE 1.2m
Lachlan Croker 300k

Total - $2.85m

SHARKS

Will Kennedy 400k
Matt Moylan 450k
Nicho Hynes 600k
Blayke Brailey 500k

Totak - $1.95m

STORM

Ryan Papenhyzen 650k
Cam Munster 1m
Jarome Hughes 700k
Harry Grant 450k

Totak - $2.8m

TIGERS

Daine Laurie 450k
Luke Brooks 960k
Jackson Hastings 500k
Jake Simpkin 150k

Total - $2.06m

TITANS

Jayden Campbell 350k
AJ Brimson 600k
Toby Sexton 400k
Erin Clarke 300k

Total - $1.65m

WARRIORS

Reece Walsh 350k
CHT 300k
Shaun Johnson 500k
Wade Egan 400k

Total - $1.55m
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Ponga the biggest myth in the game...
Storm are having a laugh at that quoted Grant salary....
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

For all of our success in the 2015-2019 era of Ricky recruiting, have to saying 2020-2023 + beyond is very bleak.

It's been fostered in by poor choices in retention, tying up big money to aging players meaning we aren't using the money to go to market.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Raider47 wrote: July 3, 2022, 8:11 pm For all of our success in the 2015-2019 era of Ricky recruiting, have to saying 2020-2023 + beyond is very bleak.

It's been fostered in by poor choices in retention, tying up big money to aging players meaning we aren't using the money to go to market.
Yep - just the wrong emphasis on things. Values on traditions, links to players past, and rewarding longevity like it’s a family rather than a football club. Like it or hate it there is a huge bond and culture running through the Penrith team and it’s not based on how well they can recall Royce Simmons or John Cartwright’s career stats. They don’t pay a good bloke tax on guys like Maloney, Tamou or others, they move them on and find winners and success.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 29, 2022, 11:31 pm The Daily Telegraph recently published the salaries of all spines. Too much for Hodgson but can understand that value based on his past performances for us…

BRONCOS
Te Maire Martin 80k
Tyson Gamble 150k
Adam Reynolds 800k
Billy Walters 120k

Total - $1.15m

BULLDOGS

Matt Dufty 200k
Matt Burton 500k
Kyle Flanagan 450k
Jeremy Marshall-King 350k

Total - $1.5m

COWBOYS

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 450k
Tom Dearden 400k
Chad Townsend 800k
Reece Robson 450k

Total - $2.1m

DRAGONS

Tyrrell Sloan 220k
Junior Amone 350k
Ben Hunt 1.2m
Andrew McCullough 400k

Total - $2.14m

EELS

Clint Gutherson 750k
Dylan Brown 800k
Mitch Moses 900k
Reed Mahoney 450k

Total - $2.9m

KNIGHTS

Kalyn Ponga 1.05m
Jake Clifford 300k
Adam Clune 180k
Jayden Brailey 500k

Total - $1.985m

PANTHERS

Dylan Edwards 500k
Jarome Luai 700k
Nathan Cleary 1.1m
Api Koroisau 600k

Total - $2.9m

RABBITOHS

Latrell Mitchell 850k
Cody Walker 700k
Lachlan Illias 300k
Damien Cook 700k

Total - $2.55m

RAIDERS

CNK 500k
Jack Wighton 850k
Jamal Fogarty 550k
Josh Hodgson 800k

Total - $2.7m

ROOSTERS

James Tedesco 1.1m
Sam Walker 400k
Luke Keary 800k
Sam Verrils 450k

Total - $2.75m

SEA EAGLES

Tom Trbojevic 1.1m
Keiran Foran 250k
DCE 1.2m
Lachlan Croker 300k

Total - $2.85m

SHARKS

Will Kennedy 400k
Matt Moylan 450k
Nicho Hynes 600k
Blayke Brailey 500k

Totak - $1.95m

STORM

Ryan Papenhyzen 650k
Cam Munster 1m
Jarome Hughes 700k
Harry Grant 450k

Totak - $2.8m

TIGERS

Daine Laurie 450k
Luke Brooks 960k
Jackson Hastings 500k
Jake Simpkin 150k

Total - $2.06m

TITANS

Jayden Campbell 350k
AJ Brimson 600k
Toby Sexton 400k
Erin Clarke 300k

Total - $1.65m

WARRIORS

Reece Walsh 350k
CHT 300k
Shaun Johnson 500k
Wade Egan 400k

Total - $1.55m
If we are paying Fogarty $550k then by jingo his manager earnt every penny. Bloke is marginally ahead of Frawley.
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

What has Kelly Egan done since getting here? In all honestly, he has been non-existent.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Fogarty isn't a $500,000 half - he cannot run, pass or kick. He adds little to our attack. The kick in the second half over the dead ball line reminded me of Sezer
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 4, 2022, 12:48 am Fogarty isn't a $500,000 half - he cannot run, pass or kick. He adds little to our attack. The kick in the second half over the dead ball line reminded me of Sezer
I thought he was paid around the $350k mark
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 4, 2022, 12:48 am Fogarty isn't a $500,000 half - he cannot run, pass or kick. He adds little to our attack. The kick in the second half over the dead ball line reminded me of Sezer
And yet he's still our best half right now, and has a better winning record over the past two months than our other, much higher paid half.

Go figure.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Yep he's a better half because we've won a higher percentage of games with him.

Similarly, we were doing well until CNK got injured last year, therefore his absence must explain how badly we went thereafter.

Figure go.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Recruitment and retention

Post by gangrenous »

afgtnk wrote:Similarly, we were doing well until CNK got injured last year, therefore his absence must explain how badly we went thereafter.
With the RBA putting up interest rates again today it pleases me that I can live rent free in your head Image
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Was kind of a dig at Nickman, actually. Awkward.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

afgtnk wrote: July 5, 2022, 7:46 pm Was kind of a dig at Nickman, actually. Awkward.
:roflmao