Favourite All-Time Canberra Raiders team named

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Re: Favourite All-Time Canberra Raiders team named

Post by Raider Azz »

2106 Rapana had one of the best seasons of any Raiders winger ever. I will firmly stand behind that statement.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raider Azz wrote: May 7, 2022, 12:54 pm 2106 Rapana had one of the best seasons of any Raiders winger ever. I will firmly stand behind that statement.

He’s scored more tries than any Raiders winger in a season. He’s about to become the fourth highest try scorer in Raiders history. He’s a very worthy player to include in a team like this. The “favourite” tag is the criteria as well in this poll… I just love his enthusiasm. Nagas very overrated by some, I’m not sure why.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

dubby wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:42 am I had Rapana over Nagas.
I’d definitely have Rapana over Nagas.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Raider Azz wrote: May 7, 2022, 12:54 pm 2106 Rapana had one of the best seasons of any Raiders winger ever. I will firmly stand behind that statement.

That really just proves my point - you’ve pointed to 2016 as a year that Rapa was at his peak, I believe Papa jointly won the Meninga Medal with Hodgo and both Jack and Croker were in the team in prime form yet we didn’t even make the grand final that year.

I’m not saying these blokes aren’t wonderful players who have done great things for the club. It’s not about running them down, it’s about respecting some truly incredible players of the past that seem to be quickly forgotten through exercises like this.

Some of our premiership sides have had the label “greatest ever team” thrown around them and I wouldn’t argue that. I don’t believe a quarter of the current squad would in any way replace some of these genuine legends of the game that we have produced.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy, you don’t have to be all sooky, just because it has been shown once again that the bulk of Raiders fans like Jarrod Croker.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: May 7, 2022, 1:47 pm Billy, you don’t have to be all sooky, just because it has been shown once again that the bulk of Raiders fans like Jarrod Croker.
You shouldn’t make everything about Croker GE. I’d actually argue if you look at representative records and premierships there is a case that Kevvie Walters should be in the side ahead of Jack. I also agree with the fans that Rapa isn’t in the best side ahead of some of our premiership wingers.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker wrote: May 7, 2022, 2:15 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 7, 2022, 1:47 pm Billy, you don’t have to be all sooky, just because it has been shown once again that the bulk of Raiders fans like Jarrod Croker.
You shouldn’t make everything about Croker GE. I’d actually argue if you look at representative records and premierships there is a case that Kevvie Walters should be in the side ahead of Jack. I also agree with the fans that Rapa isn’t in the best side ahead of some of our premiership wingers.
Only if you were selecting your favourite Broncos team... is that your team Billy?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I voted for Chicka and Noa Nadruku in the GH all time 40 year team. With Noa, not only he was the best Raiders winger at the time, he was the best in the game. In his debut year in 1993, he scored 22 tries in 21 games, breaking our try scoring record. Winning % of 71%. In 1994, 12 tries in 15 games, winning % of 80%. in 1995, winning % of 90% (11 tries in 21 games). in 1996, 21 tries in 21 games.

Chicka, Noa, Nagas and Rapana (in 2016) were a joy to watch and bring back very happy memories for me. The football they played is "Raiders style" attacking football that all football fans loved.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: May 7, 2022, 2:30 pm
Only if you were selecting your favourite Broncos team... is that your team Billy?
He played 50 games for the raiders, was a QLD rep player and won a premiership here. He was an outstanding raiders player that unfortunately we couldn’t keep. Are you suggesting he only became a great player because he left the raiders system and flourished at the Broncos?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ooof! He said the quiet part loud!
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Mick Devere gets a run at left centre in that one just to troll Billy Dub.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Guys this is a favourite player team NOT a best player team

I voted for guys like Dane and Troy Thompson
Yes there were better players, but you had to vote for your favourite players

You can't really debate this team is wrong unless guys like Dugan and Finch got in
Vaccinated
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Cat speaks the truth. It’s peoples choice. I voted for players I liked watching, which meant my voting was heavily skewed from late 90’s onwards
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Only Rapana can do rapana things

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer