Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2022 Rd 8 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Billy Walker »

Postman Pat wrote: April 28, 2022, 3:46 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Azza wrote: April 28, 2022, 12:12 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 28, 2022, 12:02 pm The fans call Ricky a spud and CNK calls the fans potatoes. There are chips on shoulders, players who are fried and our season is mashed. Surely there is a sponsorship opportunity here - McCains fries perhaps?
You are fair dinkum starch raving mad.
That’s gnocchi very nice!
Surely the time has well and truly the team to be given a roast.
Ricky’s stuck between a rock and a hard placed - really wedged….
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Azza wrote:Adam Elliot is currently up there with Craig Frawley and David Howell as one of our most useless signings in the history of the club.
Even Matt Rua added more than Elliott

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Daniel
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Post by Daniel »

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I’m not planning to post regularly, but I felt a strong need to say something today. Despite the wonderful work of greeneyed, the mood on this site has become incredibly toxic and unhelpful for the team.

CNK’s comments reveal a player who has been negatively affected by the constant criticism levelled at him over the past 12 months. This season, that criticism has clearly affected his on-field performances. Recent comments by Ricky Stuart (following the Cowboys match) and Jordan Rapana (earlier in the season) also suggest that they’re looking out for Charnze and are pleading with the fans to stop ripping into him. I’m sure other players within the club feel the same way.

FWIW, I’m extremely unhappy with the team’s performances and results. I’m also unhappy with some of the coach’s selections and post-match behaviour. But please tone down the negative hyperbole about the players because it’s not helping the team. If you wouldn’t say something to the player’s face, perhaps think twice before saying it here.

I hope we beat the Warriors on Saturday.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

bonehead wrote:
Azza wrote:Adam Elliot is currently up there with Craig Frawley and David Howell as one of our most useless signings in the history of the club.

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

BJ wrote:
bonehead wrote:

Didn’t we pay a fair sum of money for Matt Bickerstaff?

That went well.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: April 28, 2022, 10:46 am Hudson Young and Canberra Raiders ready to bounce back against Warriors

Despite the result last weekend Hudson Young believes that there are signs that the Raiders could soon be back to their best heading into a big clash with the Warriors on Saturday afternoon.

“We were obviously disappointed with the end result, but we were fairly happy with the way that we started. It felt like we were back to ‘us’ which was good,” Young said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/04 ... -warriors/

MATCH PREVIEW: Raiders v Warriors: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35107

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/04 ... -warriors/
Someone check Hudson for a head injury.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Daniel wrote:Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I’m not planning to post regularly, but I felt a strong need to say something today. Despite the wonderful work of greeneyed, the mood on this site has become incredibly toxic and unhelpful for the team.

CNK’s comments reveal a player who has been negatively affected by the constant criticism levelled at him over the past 12 months. This season, that criticism has clearly affected his on-field performances. Recent comments by Ricky Stuart (following the Cowboys match) and Jordan Rapana (earlier in the season) also suggest that they’re looking out for Charnze and are pleading with the fans to stop ripping into him. I’m sure other players within the club feel the same way.

FWIW, I’m extremely unhappy with the team’s performances and results. I’m also unhappy with some of the coach’s selections and post-match behaviour. But please tone down the negative hyperbole about the players because it’s not helping the team. If you wouldn’t say something to the player’s face, perhaps think twice before saying it here.

Whos looking out for the welfare of the blokes that pay their wages the supporters of the club?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Daniel wrote: April 28, 2022, 6:37 pm Hi all,

Welcome, hope you stick around and post more. :)
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Welcome to the forum Charnze,

Im sorry you feel that way but performances talk and if the players want us to stop commenting on their lack of heart, lack of fitness, lack of skill, lack of form then they better do something about that instead of whinging to the media and calling the fans out.

Do you know what will really shut the couch potatos up and stick in their face? Good footy and winning matches, that would really shut those people up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Welcome - I agree you should post more as well. On the above my thoughts are:

- I’d be very surprised and concerned if players were reading about themselves on fan websites.

- No matter of nice sentiment from the fans is going to develop CNK passing game or assist his other weaknesses.

- Doesn’t matter what you do in life, you can’t do it poorly and not expect to be called out on it. If Semi V and Adam E go on a hot streak and lead us to the promised land the same people here hating on them will be rightly celebrating them. If CNK wants to quieten the critics he needs to catch his bombs, make his tackles, stick his passes
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Dear lord, if any of our first grade squad are on here and taking any of the absolute rubbish that’s posted on here to heart then we are well and truly done for the year
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I’d also add that much of the negativity contains a dose of humour and some I’d suggest is like minded people venting. I’d be more concerned about where the club is headed if there was a positivity and acceptance in the dressing room or among the fans about the way the club is travelling and the road ahead.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Needs more booing.

This place is woke.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

If you are a long time reader you should know the greenhouse isnt a fan forum its a slag the players forum, and even with that being known jack still gets paid.

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Obviously Daniel is related to CNK or a player in the top 30 squad

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Sad really.

This place is woke.
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

Good lord I hope the players are not reading this forum.
At various points in time pretty much all players have been trashed (in some cases either because of OR inspite of their respective performances), along with the groundsman one particular time as well if memory servers me right. I think Peeps were lining up against SunTzu as well if the normal flow of chatter continues this week...

This is not a place of hope, joy and uplifting, unconditional support - if they need that they should get a puppy.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

CNK wrote:You’ve got couch potatoes at home thinking they can coach a team and have never even coached an under 6’s side before at a local club.
I’ve always hated the whole “if you can’t do it better you can’t criticise” mindset that some people have. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I recall many years ago Dicko was critiquing a singer on Australian Idol. The contestant didn’t like the feedback and said “I’d like to see you come up and sing it better!” Dicko basically said he doesn’t have to be able to sing it better to know they were singing it badly.

It’s the same with footy. I don’t have to have coached footy to know Ricky’s team selections, bench use, attack tactics, etc are not good. I don’t have to have played first grade to know CNK’s kick defusals, handling errors, and ball playing are not good.

Like Dicko said, I don’t have to be able to do it better to know someone isn’t doing it well.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Canberra Raiders are world-beaters for 20 minutes and then fade away

The Canberra ‘Faiders’. The unflattering moniker is fun enough for rival fans, let alone the lime green guarantee of the past several seasons that Raiders results are never truly in the bag.

For Ricky Stuart, though, it’s enough to have sideline chairs trembling. Canberra has coughed up a lead of 10 points or more eight times since the start of last year; losing the plot almost every second time they hit the front by double digits. Again, the trend is nothing new in the nation’s capital; 2018 saw the Raiders miss the finals after surrendering no less than six leads after the 60th minute.

Read more: https://www.codesports.com.au/nrl/raide ... 2ebc5ce968

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Question wrote:Sad really.

Pathetic. You're in the entertainment industry and well paid. Can't handle the heat, get another job.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Stuart’s grip sliding

4. Ricky Stuart / Raiders / two wins

In the eyes of some in Canberra, Ricky Stuart should be 16th on this list. He can be as abrasive as he wants in his pressers but one thing he can’t intimidate is cold hard numbers and they paint a damning picture. The Raiders have lost their past four straight games by an average of 17.25 points. They’ve got the third-worst defence in the NRL, only one try ahead of the Dogs and Warriors, and the fourth-worst attack. They sit second-last on the ladder. They’ve surrendered the most double-digit leads (eight) in the NRL since 2020. They’ve lost nine of their past 13 games. If Ricky’s men can’t beat the Warriors - who just had 70 points put on them - this Saturday then they’re a genuine wooden spoon chance.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/nrl-2 ... 7df6adc675
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Cute headline, but his grip isnt sliding at all.
Last edited by Botman on April 29, 2022, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Welcome to the forum Mrs Nikoll-Klokstad, but here’s a novel idea... how about the players don’t read these **** forums?!?

Honestly if I was the coach (who also appears to be reading this forum too much), it would be my first bit of advice to the players
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Cnk why don't you have a chat with the warriors after we play em and see if they may take you back. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out... or u might see green!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hopefully you keep posting. Attacking a new poster happens a bit too often, I’d like to hear other voices too. I can see the points on all sides. The posts suggesting a new poster is a particular player or his family… it’d be better to avoid that, in my view. People can still make their points without it. Maybe we could be a bit more welcoming…
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Lots of different views and opinions Daniel but none of them make yours any less valid. You sparked some good debate. Don’t be a stranger and make sure you keep posting!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

When the **** did Nickman come back???
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

If the qualifier is that whatever is said here needs to be said to be able to be said to a player's face then we're about to turn into the world's biggest cheersquad for a 2-5 team.

I do agree some of the criticism of individual players goes over the top and can become a bit too targeted. I don't go a day without mentioning the Croker and Whitehead contracts, and Cnk has been hammered the past year when he's been busy recovering from a serious neck injury and dealing with the challenges of living in a covid world.

I get what you're saying - how we would we all feel if there was a public facing forum describe how effective or ineffective we are in our fake email jobs or construction jobs? Unfortunately though, that's the nature of professional sports. Things are analysed with a fine tooth comb and there are always going to be reactions from individuals on the polar ends of the spectrum. The players are very well payed and their perfomances are in the public domain to be critiqued.

One thing I don't see questioned here very often is the effort of the 17 and the coaching staff each weekend. I think 95% of us recognise they're still putting everything in - and maybe that should be acknowledged more often.

If they're letting the comments of a bunch of couch potatoes effect them mentally then hopefully the club is getting them the support they need.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

I know Adam Elliot has been appointed Dribbler in Chief for this season - spare a thought for Sammy Williams, who has performed the role admirably in recent years - but that he's worried that we'll underestimate our opponents surely has to reveal something about the mindset of this squad, right?

We're below them on the table, have lost four on the bounce and are coming off a 30 point pumping, perhaps the "complacency" chapter of the philosophy textbook isn't the one we should be reading.

To the team, I would have liked to have seen Rushton get another run, pretty harsh on the kid to let him get whacked a few times by the best team in the comp and then shipped straight back to reserves.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

twistedbydesign wrote: April 29, 2022, 3:48 am I know Adam Elliot has been appointed Dribbler in Chief for this season - spare a thought for Sammy Williams, who has performed the role admirably in recent years - but that he's worried that we'll underestimate our opponents surely has to reveal something about the mindset of this squad, right?

We're below them on the table, have lost four on the bounce and are coming off a 30 point pumping, perhaps the "complacency" chapter of the philosophy textbook isn't the one we should be reading.

To the team, I would have liked to have seen Rushton get another run, pretty harsh on the kid to let him get whacked a few times by the best team in the comp and then shipped straight back to reserves.
Looks to me like Elliott has been self-appointed D.I.C. Mr Rent a Quote so far! Surely someone is transcribing Sun Tzu for him onto palm cards, I’d bet a months wages he hasn’t read Art of War. I’ve never seen a player with such little talent and impact on the game be given so many column inches… and it’s only Round 8!

In seriousness however, the Rushton selection is a prime example of why we need to get that buffoon Rick out of there ASAP, to minimise long term damage. The post-Rick era has the potential to look a lot like post-Des Bulldogs, post-Bennett Knights, post-Cleary Tigers etc etc
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:

If the qualifier is that whatever is said here needs to be said to be able to be said to a player's face then we're about to turn into the world's biggest cheersquad for a 2-5 team.

I do agree some of the criticism of individual players goes over the top and can become a bit too targeted. I don't go a day without mentioning the Croker and Whitehead contracts, and Cnk has been hammered the past year when he's been busy recovering from a serious neck injury and dealing with the challenges of living in a covid world.

I get what you're saying - how we would we all feel if there was a public facing forum describe how effective or ineffective we are in our fake email jobs or construction jobs? Unfortunately though, that's the nature of professional sports. Things are analysed with a fine tooth comb and there are always going to be reactions from individuals on the polar ends of the spectrum. The players are very well payed and their perfomances are in the public domain to be critiqued.

One thing I don't see questioned here very often is the effort of the 17 and the coaching staff each weekend. I think 95% of us recognise they're still putting everything in - and maybe that should be acknowledged more often.

If they're letting the comments of a bunch of couch potatoes effect them mentally then hopefully the club is getting them the support they need.
I think in most professions these days there is some sort of performance management process and we are all accountable for our performance. In many workplaces your performance is judged against or compared with your colleagues. In the case of football players the primary gauge of performance is success, or lack thereof. We haven't had success in nearly 30 years. It's a tough competition no doubt but that is a damn long time.

While none of us are out there training or competing, some of us have supported this club since the beginning, since before some of these players were born. While Mr Elliott was plodding it up for the Dogs and shagging his best mates missus we were all out at cold Camberra stadium in our seats we've paid for - in some cases for decades. We were wearing our $150 Raiders jerseys, our Raiders caps/beanies/jackets/scarfs. We are more **** committed to this club than anybody in the **** organisation. If the players don't like it they should **** off to another club. The club will go on. We'll still be here to support the club. When Ricky was bleeding Bulldogs/Sharks/Roosters/Eels colours we were all here supporting THIS club, our club. We care more about our club than the players and coaching staff do. They're professionals, they go where the money is. We're the mugs here who genuinely care for this club.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Read that in a Scottish accent while picturing Gergreg with green paint smeared down one side his face….
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Billy Walker wrote: April 29, 2022, 8:26 am Read that in a Scottish accent while picturing Gergreg with green paint smeared down one side his face….
I’d go into battle behind Gerg after reading that!!! A man of passion - it’s great to see.

Can we get him in to do the half time speech instead of Rick’s dribble one week? I don’t think we’d blow a lead that day…
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

gergreg wrote:
Roger Kenworthy wrote:

I think in most professions these days there is some sort of performance management process and we are all accountable for our performance. In many workplaces your performance is judged against or compared with your colleagues. In the case of football players the primary gauge of performance is success, or lack thereof. We haven't had success in nearly 30 years. It's a tough competition no doubt but that is a damn long time.

While none of us are out there training or competing, some of us have supported this club since the beginning, since before some of these players were born. While Mr Elliott was plodding it up for the Dogs and shagging his best mates missus we were all out at cold Camberra stadium in our seats we've paid for - in some cases for decades. We were wearing our $150 Raiders jerseys, our Raiders caps/beanies/jackets/scarfs. We are more **** committed to this club than anybody in the **** organisation. If the players don't like it they should **** off to another club. The club will go on. We'll still be here to support the club. When Ricky was bleeding Bulldogs/Sharks/Roosters/Eels colours we were all here supporting THIS club, our club. We care more about our club than the players and coaching staff do. They're professionals, they go where the money is. We're the mugs here who genuinely care for this club.
Word

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Chanel Harris-Tavita ruled out of Raiders clash

Warriors standoff Chanel Harris-Tavita played through the pain barrier in a display of exceptional courage in Monday night’s Anzac Day encounter with the Melbourne Storm. It has been revealed today that the 23-year-old had a testicle ruptured in the 34th minute of the match and has since had surgery to repair the damage, keeping him side-lined for three to four weeks.

Daejarn Asi who was signed on Tuesday, had his first training session with his new club on Thursday and is now in line for his debut on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2022/04/ ... fies-pain/

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6617382