Yeah me too but I have to watch..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: 2022 Rd 9 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Question wrote:At what point do you realise to yourself, that **** I was a legend on the field for this club, adored by all and sundry who supported it, but I am not a very good coach perhaps I should step aside before i become the most despised. Surely he still has enough smarts and self pride to do so, surely.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hes got too much self pride to stop him from doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Question wrote: May 5, 2022, 3:07 pm Its the bunker!!!, **** this is pathetic.

It’s the bunker.

It’s the vibe.

It’s Mabo.

It’s…. the vibe
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Far too much prancing. Not nearly enough dancing.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: May 5, 2022, 3:19 pm
Raoul Duke wrote: May 5, 2022, 3:16 pm What a joke, that penalty happened on the 3rd tackle with almost 2 mins left...who is to say they wouldn't have scored a try anyway?
Whos to say we don’t defend the whole set, regain the ball and hold out for the win.

I’m not defending Ricky, he’s responsible for the vomit we are all watching but geez the bunker is killing this beautiful game of Rugbrugh Leeg.
Most likely we concede a try and don't even get to golden point. That said the whole sequence was pretty disgraceful. Lodge faking injury. Bunker deciding it was a reportable offence and awarding a penalty. Not a good look for the game.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Blow the NRL bunker up: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has fired a broadside at the NRL - it's time to blow up the controversial bunker.

"Let the referee make his ruling because at the moment the bunker's getting it incorrect. They should only be there for a contentious try. The bunker is not assisting the referee and it's not helping our game. And the incorrect decision cost us two points last week."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

The bunker: For better or worse: Read what Ricky Stuart had to say today: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1864056

Ricky Stuart rips into the bunker after controversial call in Raiders’ loss to Warriors: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ricky ... 5fabc538e4

NRL video referee demoted after costly Bunker decision: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-v ... a8c95af76b

‘I instantly had regrets’: Why Papalii ditched NRL’s favourite mullet

Josh Papalii hopes he does not suffer from the “Samson effect” after cutting his famous mullet - and the Canberra enforcer has revealed his wife and mother cannot stand his new ’do. He got it cut after the two year bet he had with Corey Harawira-Naera had expired.

“I kept my rat’s tail in the middle but I’ll cut it off. My mum and my wife are not impressed with it and want it gone.”

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-inst ... 5airr.html
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote: May 5, 2022, 3:16 pm What a joke, that penalty happened on the 3rd tackle with almost 2 mins left...who is to say they wouldn't have scored a try anyway?
Whos to say we don’t defend the whole set, regain the ball and hold out for the win.

I’m not defending Ricky, he’s responsible for the vomit we are all watching but geez the bunker is killing this beautiful game of Rugbrugh Leeg.
Most likely we concede a try and don't even get to golden point. That said the whole sequence was pretty disgraceful. Lodge faking injury. Bunker deciding it was a reportable offence and awarding a penalty. Not a good look for the game.
Meh, our players would have tried to milk it too, and most posters on this board would be calling it a 'heads up' play.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: May 5, 2022, 5:04 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Meh, our players would have tried to milk it too, and most posters on this board would be calling it a 'heads up' play.
Don't speak for me. I hate it when players fake injury to milk a penalty, whichever jersey they wear. It's made worse when the bunker gets conned. Crusher tackles are the worst examples. Players feel any kind of contact on the back of the head and the lay down holding their neck till ref calls time off.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jarrod Croker's 300-game dream back on radar after recall

Jarrod Croker’s dream of playing 300 games for the Raiders is back on the table after the veteran centre was finally given a recall for the side’s clash against Canterbury on Friday night.

"I’m not a lightning 21-year-old again but I’ve been doing things in the gym I haven’t been able to do for two years. How long it is to stay that way no one really knows the answer to that but it’s certainly better than it’s felt for 18 months to two years. It's made a big difference.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/05/cro ... er-recall/

Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker calls on fans to give Canterbury Bulldogs frosty reception

Jarrod Croker hopes he and forecast cold weather can help turn things for the Green Machine around on Friday.

"We know how loyal the fans are. I just hope we see them all there on Friday night with their Kathmandu's on because it's going to be a bit fresh. That's the way we like it. Once I saw the weather Friday it just got me even more excited. Canberra footy for me is Friday night freezing cold. I'm looking forward to it."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

The silver lining if Croker has lost a step will be he won’t be able to shoot out of the defensive line so dramatically. Glass half full stuff
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

TongueFTW wrote: May 5, 2022, 1:10 pm Stuart's press conference today made me think he has lost the plot.

We did not lose the Warriors game due to "bunker interference". We lost the game because we gifted the Warriors easy tries, struggled with an inept attack, and built no pressure. We lost because we cannot string together a 60 minute, let alone 80 minute performance. Even after that bunker call, we still had the chance to win it in golden point and made yet another error.

This sort of lack of accountability has a huge impact on the players' mentality - professional sportspeople will take ANY excuse you give them to justify poor performance. The fact our head coach keeps pushing this narrative does not help the psyche of the players, and the club. It needs to stop.
Yep agreed. Now that He has publicly run down the Bunker how will that help this week and next week and the week after. The same petulance he once showed when in charge of a losing National team.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Elcaptcroker wrote: May 5, 2022, 4:29 pm
Question wrote:At what point do you realise to yourself, that **** I was a legend on the field for this club, adored by all and sundry who supported it, but I am not a very good coach perhaps I should step aside before i become the most despised. Surely he still has enough smarts and self pride to do so, surely.

Hes got too much self pride to stop him from doing that

Well Stuart came out today and had another go at the Bunker.
In his eyes we lost last weeks game because of the Bunker not his coaching his bench etc etc etc
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

RedRaider wrote: May 5, 2022, 6:26 pm
TongueFTW wrote: May 5, 2022, 1:10 pm Stuart's press conference today made me think he has lost the plot.

We did not lose the Warriors game due to "bunker interference". We lost the game because we gifted the Warriors easy tries, struggled with an inept attack, and built no pressure. We lost because we cannot string together a 60 minute, let alone 80 minute performance. Even after that bunker call, we still had the chance to win it in golden point and made yet another error.

This sort of lack of accountability has a huge impact on the players' mentality - professional sportspeople will take ANY excuse you give them to justify poor performance. The fact our head coach keeps pushing this narrative does not help the psyche of the players, and the club. It needs to stop.
Yep agreed. Now that He has publicly run down the Bunker how will that help this week and next week and the week after. The same petulance he once showed when in charge of a losing National team.
These fade outs have been apart of the team ever since Stuart started coaching the team.
He had a young side and wasn’t able to get them mentally tough like Storm etc we simply fold at any pressure AND yes when Stuart comes outs and blames the Bunker he takes any blame away from himself and the players. It’s always been like that he has NEVER accepted any accountability when we don’t win.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

We lost last week's game because of Ricky's crap coaching and bench management.
The warriors were terrible and any team with a bit of go about them should of put 40 on them, not have to throw a tantrum about a bunker call cost us the game.
Rick... your time is up as head coach here
Raider_Boy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Pappa

Post by Raider_Boy »

Neeeegz wrote: May 5, 2022, 6:37 pm We lost last week's game because of Ricky's crap coaching and bench management.
The warriors were terrible and any team with a bit of go about them should of put 40 on them, not have to throw a tantrum about a bunker call cost us the game.
Rick... your time is up as head coach here
Absolutely. What happens when fatigue sets in? Concentration is lost and errors creep in. It is ludicrous that this idiot is leaving fresh legs on the bench. Stupidity.
Member #6381
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2022 Rd 9 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gangrenous »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: These fade outs have been apart of the team ever since Stuart started coaching the team.
He had a young side and wasn’t able to get them mentally tough like Storm etc we simply fold at any pressure AND yes when Stuart comes outs and blames the Bunker he takes any blame away from himself and the players. It’s always been like that he has NEVER accepted any accountability when we don’t win.
Think that’s a bit rough. He zipped up when pineappled in a bloody GF. I also recall a different attitude in 2019, probably need a sports psych back if that’s what prompted it.

Campaigning for removal of the bunker is emotional reactivity that epitomises the lack of critical thinking and analysis for the team. Yes the bunker stuffed up, but it’s the idiots inside them not the concept. Even in it’s crap state I’d still say the bunker corrects a lot more decisions than it buggers up, so returning to the on field ref is no net positive.

Most importantly, if you think we’re getting pineappled now with the bunker who has to run their process in slomo in view of everyone and face backlash when it’s wrong. Remind yourself what that looks like in a world where the decisions are snap (extra dose of unconscious bias) and everyone moves on quickly often without scrutiny.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Don't speak for me. I hate it when players fake injury to milk a penalty, whichever jersey they wear. It's made worse when the bunker gets conned. Crusher tackles are the worst examples. Players feel any kind of contact on the back of the head and the lay down holding their neck till ref calls time off.
Can speak for me.

If it doesn’t hurt anyone and it’s legal you do it. We’re here to win, not get a sticker for being tough.

Make the smart play and force the NRL to make it illegal. Don’t be at a disadvantage for the principle.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: May 5, 2022, 7:17 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Can speak for me.

If it doesn’t hurt anyone and it’s legal you do it. We’re here to win, not get a sticker for being tough.

Make the smart play and force the NRL to make it illegal. Don’t be at a disadvantage for the principle.
You call it smart. I call it a low act. Each to their own.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

How about we meet in the middle? It’s a low and smart act.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If we were playing like garbage - like the Warriors last week but still in with a chance to snatch it. You'd take it every day of the week. I hate the milking too, but I hate losing more.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

How depressing is seeing this!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LastRaider wrote: May 5, 2022, 9:13 pm Image

The Dogs still have 1.5 points start, but it probably should be the other way round.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm so torn with tipping in this game, I'm thinking the boys might just be up enough to pinch it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

gergreg wrote: May 5, 2022, 8:52 pm If we were playing like garbage - like the Warriors last week but still in with a chance to snatch it. You'd take it every day of the week. I hate the milking too, but I hate losing more.
exactly. our own players regularly stay down/clutch there neck/head in the hope of a penalty.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

greeneyed wrote: May 5, 2022, 9:39 pm
LastRaider wrote: May 5, 2022, 9:13 pm Image

The Dogs still have 1.5 points start, but it probably should be the other way round.
I think the Dogs are good value.

Attacking options across the park. We have Frawley and Elliott for **** sake.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Billy Walker wrote: May 5, 2022, 3:17 pm He has become an embarrassment the way he sooks and sulks. Do your job, prepare the team and the Warriors won’t get close enough for the bunker, the refs or anyone else to make a pinch of difference
I agree with you here.... When you see comments on facebook posts from non raiders fans its always

'Stop complaining about the ref ricky'
or
'Here he goes, blaming everyone else but himself'
Perth Based Raiders Fan
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Four word chat with Ricky Stuart ended Nick Cotric's Bulldogs nightmare

It took just four words from Ricky Stuart to convince powerhouse winger Nick Cotric to return to Canberra over the off season.

"Ricky called me late last year and he just said to me 'This is your home'," the 23-year-old said. "He said I grew up here and I belong here… I knew he was right. There were also personal reasons why I wanted to come back to Canberra and the Bulldogs were kind enough to release me.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-2022-c ... 6ec1eab622
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

And.

This place is woke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Question wrote: May 6, 2022, 9:10 am And.

I’m not convinced the headline shouldn’t be “How in 4 words Ricky took on Bulldog’s nightmare”
Andymachine
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley, Ruben Wiki

Post by Andymachine »

BadnMean wrote: May 5, 2022, 10:39 am
Rick wrote: May 5, 2022, 10:05 am
I think Adam Elliot looking good at hooker says more about Starling than it does Elliot.

Starling is trash as a 9 but a good impact hooker. I think Stuart has finally worked this out however Trev is MIA

What's the story with Trev?
He tore his hamstring and has had surgery.

"The game owes me nothing, I owe the game everything." - Alan Tongue
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

gangrenous wrote: May 5, 2022, 7:12 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote: These fade outs have been apart of the team ever since Stuart started coaching the team.
Think that’s a bit rough. He zipped up when pineappled in a bloody GF. I also recall a different attitude in 2019, probably need a sports psych back if that’s what prompted it.
I've noticed a big shift from his 2019 no excuses style, which hardened a team capable of taking not 1 but 2 tough sin bins in the same game vs the gun team at the time (Melbourne) and not missing a beat.

To the excuse making guy today who can't get his team to respond. Coaches and teams have a shelf life. They aren't responding to Ricky anymore. He's taken them as far as he can and he's casting about for excuses and backlsiding as much as the team is.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

How come Charnze hasn't posted this week asking for the potatoes to back off
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: May 5, 2022, 4:55 pm ‘I instantly had regrets’: Why Papalii ditched NRL’s favourite mullet

Josh Papalii hopes he does not suffer from the “Samson effect” after cutting his famous mullet - and the Canberra enforcer has revealed his wife and mother cannot stand his new ’do. He got it cut after the two year bet he had with Corey Harawira-Naera had expired.

“I kept my rat’s tail in the middle but I’ll cut it off. My mum and my wife are not impressed with it and want it gone.”

Samson effect? He was way better before the mullet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 6, 2022, 1:38 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 5, 2022, 4:55 pm ‘I instantly had regrets’: Why Papalii ditched NRL’s favourite mullet

Samson effect? He was way better before the mullet.
He said some fans have told him he'll play better with a hair cut.