Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Four Raiders admitted to Hall of Fame

Post by Seiffert82 »

Billy Walker wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: May 10, 2022, 7:21 am
Billy Walker wrote:I feel its reasonable to hold views about who is a worthy HoF inductee or otherwise, but poor form to express those views.
Open slather on current players though?

Don't be silly Billy.

Furthermore, I've had the misfortune of meeting Paul Osbourne in person a few times. Not only is he unworthy of a HoF position for his generally ordinary career, I've actually held back on what I really want to say about the bloke.
If it makes you feel any better I don’t suspect he has any concerns about you.
Don't care what concerns he has.

The point of this thread is about the Hall of Fame. I don't understand why 20 minutes in a grand final as a last minute replacement, playing off one of the best club lineups of all time gets you a gig. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 10, 2022, 3:31 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:I feel its reasonable to hold views about who is a worthy HoF inductee or otherwise, but poor form to express those views.

Don't be silly Billy.

Furthermore, I've had the misfortune of meeting Paul Osbourne in person a few times. Not only is he unworthy of a HoF position for his generally ordinary career, I've actually held back on what I really want to say about the bloke.

The point of this thread is about the Hall of Fame. I don't understand why 20 minutes in a grand final as a last minute replacement, playing off one of the best club lineups of all time gets you a gig. It's ridiculous.

Hard agree. Paul Martin and Matt Wood are already in though so there is precedent for GF heroes to be added despite not having amazing careers. If you were going to take the GF wins out of the equation we'll have equivalent guys like Lolesi, Purtell, Vidot, Milne, Boyd, Mogg and Reece Robinson making the cut. It'll blow out to being about a quarter of all players we've had. 10% would be a better margin I'd have thought.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:

Don't be silly Billy.

Yeah, massively agree. If it wasn’t for that one game, and that one twenty odd minute cameo in particular, I’m not even sure I’d remember the big guy playing for the Raiders

Might as well chuck Marty Bella in the HoF!