Sharks 13+
40%

Total votes: 10

Hillsraider
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Mark McLinden

Re: 2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Hillsraider »

Greenev wrote: May 15, 2022, 3:44 pm LETS GO BOYS!!! Tapine HUGE, woolford impressive, papa back in form, cotric looking good coming out of our end giving us heaps of momentum, CNK is still average but hes been better.

And for anyone schneider bashing, the rookie halfback has just defended better than any halfback in the competition, got us a repeat set and scored the winning try to close the game by backing up as any good halfback does..

Still look clumpy in attack, but a lot better since frawley has came into the side.. What do we do when Wighton comes back?
'Tis a season for incremental improvement (at best)

Combinations in defence is at least something we can work off when Fog gets back

Also, apart from that horrible shank when he saw himself on the big screen Schneids can kick! 15 in a row or something? Better than Toots, I daresay...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the boys celebrate victories.

Today’s win was sensational.

Today we enjoy.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Schneiders D was great.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Botman wrote:Listened to the game via radio link
Just saw the highlights and I’m very eager to watch this one when I get back to Australia

We certainly earned this one and overcame some pretty rotten calls

Great job
Particularly eager to see how young Germ played. The highlights are very kind to him! I’m excited.
It’s a game that is worth watching back
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
denissnowy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by denissnowy »

-PJ- wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:48 pm Schneiders D was great.
It sure was. I gave him 3 points purely based on his defence
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:50 pm
dubby wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:29 pm I wasn't overly impressed with Frawley. His kicking game was not great
I thought his first half kicking was very good Dubs. The first try to Kris was from a bomb coming down about a meter from the Sharks line. He put up another good one over the Shark line but CNK knocked it on trying to take it with one hand and it went forward to Cotric for no try. He then put up another good bomb which Rapa took and passes to Cotric who goes over, but Rapa was in front of Frawley when he kicked the ball. It was potentially 3 tries rather than one if the chasers had been on side or used 2 hands to try to catch the ball.

In the second half he was fatigued and I thought, given the players in the sin bin, they needed to use the grubber into the in goal to get the ball back and run down the clock. Schneider did it towards the end of the match.

I thought the short line drop outs by Rapa was a vote of confidence in the defensive line. We didn't get the ball back from them so the Sharks were close to our line. But the Raider players all kept getting numbers into the tackle and kept moving from edge to edge so there were no overlaps created even though we were short of players. Outstanding by the Raiders
Or did he reckon we are better defending our line and not having to do the 40m sprint out to start the set after defending non stop all half?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Funnily enough, so is Dee Snider...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders overcome three sin-bins to upset Cronulla Sharks

The Raiders overcame three sin-bins, and at one point being two men down, to upset the Cronulla Sharks in their Magic Round clash on Sunday. A gutsy defensive display and a spirited finish sealed an uplifting 30-10 victory in Brisbane.

"That's one that we're going to remember for a long time," Josh Papalii said."We were down to 11 men and we really dug deep. Every set I was putting my hand up to come off.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Canberra Raiders rookie Zac Woolford's memorable debut against Sharks

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart explained the reason he trusted rookie bolter Zac Woolford in the starting hooker role for his NRL debut against the Sharks in Magic Round.

"That was the confidence I had in bringing him into the team," Stuart said. "He had good control around the ruck. There was never any lack of confidence in Zac."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

MATCCH REPORT: Raiders muscle up to upset lacklustre Sharks: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/15/rai ... re-sharks/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Sharks: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/15/mat ... v-raiders/

MATCH REPORT: Resilient Raiders overcome Sharks in Magic Round: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... gic-round/

Stuart’s Raiders break second-half shackles: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 716b23f1aa

‘Need that in slow-mo’: Stuart’s hilarious Ennis slap as historic banter continues: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 4fb1ae364a

Canberra Raiders win 30-10 as Sharks cop Finucane blow: https://canberraweekly.com.au/canberra- ... cane-blow/

PRESS CONFERENCE: Ricky Stuart: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-10/

PRESS CONFERENCE: Craig Fitzgibbon: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-10/

GALLERY: Raiders v Sharks: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/n ... =775738505

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... -v-sharks/

MOMENT OF THE WEEK: Woolford and Schneider combine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... ow-and-go/?

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Now do it again and again and again, before my undies come off.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

He defends really well
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

He was outstanding. They threw heaps at him and he never faultered. Both he and Timoko gave Talakai nothing.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Very proud of the boys.
Dimes
Peter Jackson

2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Dimes »

Yeah Raiders... potential season changing win right there! They will take some confidence out of that one.

Smashed the dirty sharks and dodgy ref calls couldnt stop them.

Interested to see what Stick does next week re: 6, 7 and 9 given whats happened today.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

dear god.

This place is woke.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Question wrote: May 15, 2022, 6:52 pm dear god.

Sucked in Matthew Waddlebum. First performance of the year I was really proud of.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BadnMean wrote:
Stop stealing from Clive Palmer!
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

gangrenous wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:
Postman Pat wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:56 pm Moylan went straight over CNK to the point CNK got up to run not play the ball, CNK was not tackled. We’d all be blowing up if that got called held in another part of the field and CNK couldn’t get up and keep running.
Pending seeing replay, I totally agree. That was not a completed tackle and CNK knew it

He should have just stayed on the ground like everyone else does in that position. Or crawl forward
You should watch the replay because I’m sorry that’s wrong. A hand remains on him at all times while he’s on the ground.

Arguably CNK was going to try and go again. But fact is he shouldn’t have been allowed. He was tackled.
I think we all need to watch the replay, I’m sure Moylan slips completely off CNK
He is on the ground and Moylan puts a hand on him - tackled. Moylan slides over, for a split second his hand comes away, then he replaces it and continues to maintain a hand on him sliding down to hold his leg. He then lets go and allows CNK gets up (and on replay I actually think it looks more like he is going to play the ball). Then he’s illegally tackled.

It was a tackle.
It’s a 17.51 second to go for anyone who wants to look at it

I still feel like CNK kicks out and try’s to run and gets tackled out, if he gets up and runs we’re not complaining.

100% a 50/50 call though on review, I can see it could have went the other way.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

gangrenous wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:25 pm
Postman Pat wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:
Postman Pat wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:56 pm
Moylan went straight over CNK to the point CNK got up to run not play the ball, CNK was not tackled. We’d all be blowing up if that got called held in another part of the field and CNK couldn’t get up and keep running.
Pending seeing replay, I totally agree. That was not a completed tackle and CNK knew it

He should have just stayed on the ground like everyone else does in that position. Or crawl forward
You should watch the replay because I’m sorry that’s wrong. A hand remains on him at all times while he’s on the ground.

Arguably CNK was going to try and go again. But fact is he shouldn’t have been allowed. He was tackled.
I think we all need to watch the replay, I’m sure Moylan slips completely off CNK
He is on the ground and Moylan puts a hand on him - tackled. Moylan slides over, for a split second his hand comes away, then he replaces it and continues to maintain a hand on him sliding down to hold his leg. He then lets go and allows CNK gets up (and on replay I actually think it looks more like he is going to play the ball). Then he’s illegally tackled.

It was a tackle.
Irrelevant.
Ref didn’t call held and even went to the trouble of warning us by saying we could only challenge whether he went into touch or not.
Stupidly we continued to challenge…
Worse for me was the Graham knock on (which was called against us) where he slapped the ball out of Timoko’s hands…
Who cares…
Gutsy win, happy for the fans and the players.
Good to see the young players trusted to do the job.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Not irrelevant.

* Ref doesn’t need to call held for player on the ground with a hand on them.
* CNK didn’t advance the play at that point.
* the ref can say that “only into touch can be challenged”, but the video ref clearly made a ruling on CNK not being tackled which is incorrect. We also know the video ref CAN rule on other components of the play. If the refs want to hold to this, the NRL must be consistent on only checking what is challenged. They don’t want to do this - so they should cut the Bull around things you can and can’t challenge.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

gangrenous wrote: May 15, 2022, 8:39 pm Not irrelevant.

* the ref can say that “only into touch can be challenged”, but the video ref clearly made a ruling on CNK not being tackled which is incorrect. We also know the video ref CAN rule on other components of the play. If the refs want to hold to this, the NRL must be consistent on only checking what is challenged. They don’t want to do this - so they should cut the Bull around things you can and can’t challenge.
CNK did advance when the hand wasn’t on him.
This means he wasn’t held and the ref + video ref saw it the same.
It is irrelevant that you think a hand was/wasn’t on him because the ref even went to the trouble of warning us that there was no contention on that matter…
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

It wasn’t even close to being contentious…
It was just a dumb play by CNK.
All he had to do was stay on the ground.
Challenging the call was just another layer of stupidity that wasn’t needed, given the team was working hard shorthanded to stop Cronulla from scoring..
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

denissnowy wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:53 pm
It sure was. I gave him 3 points purely based on his defence
I think we should stick with him until Fogs is available. He is a good D and his attack will get better. Needs confidence week on week.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

GreenMachine wrote:

It is irrelevant that you think a hand was/wasn’t on him because the ref even went to the trouble of warning us that there was no contention on that matter…
No he didn’t. He got up and pushed players away. At that point it could have been to run or play the ball.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:51 pm Can't believe we have been playing Frawley and Elliott at hooker ahead of Woolford.
Zac Woolford wasn't even at the club when Frawley was used at hooker.

And he was only even allowed to be selected because Elliott and Frawley were unable to be used at hooker this week due to the dire injury toll.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

sprintman wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:58 pm We’re a much better team when Wighton isn’t on the field.
Absolute dribble.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

gangrenous wrote: May 15, 2022, 9:08 pm
GreenMachine wrote:

No he didn’t. He got up and pushed players away. At that point it could have been to run or play the ball.
No again. Your seeing what you want to see rather than what actually happened.

He got up when he felt no hand on him from Moylan. It was a Stupid play. Not sure why your defending it?? It Wasn’t even close to being contentious!

He should have just played dead like every other player coming off their line avoiding to be carried into touch.

Ref and video ref got it 100% correct and If it happened to us we’d be whinging for the same…
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You’re wrong. Go watch it again. He did play dead while Moylan got him. He doesn’t take a step forward. He was entitled to get to his feet and play the ball.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Our best game as team this season and many of our players also had their best games of the season.
For me it was the defending and the team attitude. Next up Souths in Dubbo.

Did anyone else think this new ref was overreacting a bit with some calls ?
HoraceBigCigar
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Jason Croker

Post by HoraceBigCigar »

CRaid wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:31 pm Is there any player that some supporters here might want to hate on this week ??
Jack Whighton :lol:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

gangrenous wrote: May 15, 2022, 9:53 pm You’re wrong. Go watch it again. He did play dead while Moylan got him. He doesn’t take a step forward. He was entitled to get to his feet and play the ball.
You’d be correct, if it weren’t for the fact he got up to promote the ball…he didn’t even try to play the ball.
Hence why the ref (correctly) called it as ‘play on’.
He should have just played dead and slowly got back up to his feet to play the ball….I don’t know why your dying on a hill over this. It wasn’t even a close call.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I don’t know why you’re dying on this hill when you won’t actually respond to any of my points.

Questions for you:
- Does CNK move forward at all?
- What motion does he make that he is not entitled to if he were getting up to play the football?
- Does Moylan’s hand on CNK not constitute a tackle?
- Does the video ref not make a ruling on the play by declaring that the tackle is not complete?
- Does the video ref not consistently rule on items outside what is being challenged?

Which of these can you actually present evidence to disagree on?
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

I don’t know what footage your watching.
Clearly it’s tainted green.
He clearly makes a second play when Moylan’s hands are off him and is rightfully bundled into touch.
If he went the length of the field and scored a try you’d be asking for it to stand.
The guy had a solid game but it was an idiotic play that thankfully we didn’t pay the price for.
There is no ‘ref conspiracy’…
Please don’t believe everything our coach spews out…thought you were smarter than that.
Last edited by GreenMachine on May 16, 2022, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

BadnMean wrote: May 15, 2022, 6:18 pm
"Were not gonna take it!"
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

julian87 wrote: May 15, 2022, 9:33 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:51 pm Can't believe we have been playing Frawley and Elliott at hooker ahead of Woolford.
Zac Woolford wasn't even at the club when Frawley was used at hooker.

And he was only even allowed to be selected because Elliott and Frawley were unable to be used at hooker this week due to the dire injury toll.
Yeah only realise he only signed his deal 4 weeks ago. Looks to have been coming off the bench all season for the Jets and us in NSW Cup up until last weekend too. Great temperament to put in the performance he did yesterday.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

GreenMachine wrote: May 16, 2022, 6:58 am I don’t know what footage your watching.
Clearly it’s tainted green.
He clearly makes a second play when Moylan’s hands are off him and is rightfully bundled into touch.
If he went the length of the field and scored a try you’d be asking for it to stand.
The guy had a solid game but it was an idiotic play that thankfully we didn’t pay the price for.
There is no ‘ref conspiracy’…
Please don’t believe everything our coach spews out…thought you were smarter than that.
- Agree there is no ref conspiracy against us - there are poor calls every which way most weekends. Only real conspiracy is the pro-Storm bias and referees changing how they rule based on the scoreboard.
- There was a hand on Cnk while his ball carrying hand was touching the ground. If this was down the other end of the field it would have been a double movement.
- If Cnk got up and ran after being deemed tackled he would be sent back to the mark to play it.

Ricky seemed mad about the sin bins. My thoughts on those:
- Cnk one was harsh based only on what we see players get away with every week. I love to see cynical play get binned, but it needs to be consistent.
- Horsburgh should have got 20 minutes in the bin and a one-way ticket to the Bulldogs for that play. Incredibly dumb given the state of the match.
- Whitehead was unlucky, but also lucky not to be sent. I wouldn't have complained if he was.

So not quite sure why Ricky seemed to be seething. I can't argue any of those calls weren't correct.