Rabbitohs 13+
9%

Total votes: 11

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2022 Rd 11 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by Seiffert82 »

Can't wait to see this team with Fogarty at halfback.

I really hope Schneider makes it in the NRL, but he is clearly struggling out there at the moment. What the hell was going on with him handing over the kicking duties?

Credit to him for hanging in there in defence.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 22, 2022, 7:40 pm Can't wait to see this team with Fogarty at halfback.

I really hope Schneider makes it in the NRL, but he is clearly struggling out there at the moment. What the hell was going on with him handing over the kicking duties?

S82, I am one of Schneiders' biggest supporters on here, but in the pre-game warm up he was struggling with his kicking from anything but directly in front. I was on the 10 meter line at the northern end and although he went through his usual routine, he was struggling for accuracy. The first kick from the sideline trying to convert Cotrics try came off the boot well but didn't go between the uprights. Fair enough it was a difficult angle. The second to convert Papa's try was not from a difficult position and he missed it to the right. I think they did him a favour by giving the kicking to Rapa. Goal kicking has been a strong point for him but not today.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

RedRaider wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: May 22, 2022, 7:40 pm Can't wait to see this team with Fogarty at halfback.

S82, I am one of Schneiders' biggest supporters on here, but in the pre-game warm up he was struggling with his kicking from anything but directly in front. I was on the 10 meter line at the northern end and although he went through his usual routine, he was struggling for accuracy. The first kick from the sideline trying to convert Cotrics try came off the boot well but didn't go between the uprights. Fair enough it was a difficult angle. The second to convert Papa's try was not from a difficult position and he missed it to the right. I think they did him a favour by giving the kicking to Rapa. Goal kicking has been a strong point for him but not today.
Give him credit when it’s due, his defence the last 2 weeks has been great.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

He's a super tough kid and i LOVE how sound he is defensively. I've said it before but he'll have a long professional career as a back up for that alone! Clubs will value having a guy like him as a #3-4 half who they know they can put in in spot starts and know he'll hold up defensively.

But again, he's too slow with his passing and processing at this stage to think he'll be starting NRL half. And i take the point about his disrupted and limited development due to COVID fully... i think at this stage the best thing that can happen for him is for Fog to get back and for him to go and play a year of footy and work on his craft. He's had a really good run, the club and he knows the areas of improvement that need to be made... go and try and hone those skills and we'll see.

Right now though, he's simply not ready to be an NRL play maker. Though he's certainly a guy i want in my NRL squad.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote: May 22, 2022, 6:47 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:35 pm "Savage might not make it in the NRL' 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
I guess that was directed at me.

Less than two minutes after you posted this, he went in with an odd little 'hands' tackle while moving across in cover, missed it and conceded a try.

He did well today overall, and I quite honestly hope he goes on to play for Australia. I'm just not quite buying the hype yet.
With you mate
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Raider of d lost Ark, no doubt imo, Brad is a FG level defender. But the question from S82 was about goal kicking, so I gave an opinion after watching the game live and the pre-game warm up.

Just over 11,000 at todays game and the Raiders put on a fine display in Papa's 250th match. The win was set up in the first half, but the two youngsters who scored in the second half sealed it. Timoko was all determination in getting to the line for his try and Xavier Savage showed the footwork and pace we saw glimpes of last year. Without wishing any harm to CNK, I am looking forward to watching Savage, rookie errors and all, in the next match.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders face big questions about Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Xavier Savage after big win

The first question is how long will Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad be out for? We should find out on Monday. The second - will the exciting Xavier Savage get the nod for the No.1 jersey in his absence? Stuart has shown in the past he might go in another direction.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

‘Cried all week’: Papalii reveals emotional toll of build-up to milestone match: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 68a7ca82d7
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: May 22, 2022, 7:55 pm

Ricky wanted to rest him this week, he's obviously a bit cooked. Might be carrying a few niggles that prevent something like bracing solidly on the support foot or following through and just throwing him right off.

His defence is very, very good for a rookie half. But if Fog is ready to play, it seems an opportune time to get him in.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

RedRaider wrote:

Thanks RR. Doesn't surprise me.

He absolutely needs a break. It's good to hear Fog is due back next round.

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

sprintman wrote: May 22, 2022, 7:20 pm
Green Machine 2011 wrote: May 22, 2022, 7:10 pm
sprintman wrote: May 22, 2022, 6:52 pm Risking the hate but how was Elliott today?
Not bad, not great, fairly solid. Limited minutes.

I’d start CHN and have Elliot on the bench (or 18th, pending team make up)
Nothing wrong with solid.
I mean, it's just one of those things. Papa, Taps, Horse and Hudson all had such amazing games that solid just becomes invisible. I didn't even notice Elliott today.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

In 40 mins, Savage clocked up the third most run metres for the Raiders.

Please tell me more how this bloke is not worth investing in.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Raider47 wrote: May 22, 2022, 9:30 pm In 40 mins, Savage clocked up the third most run metres for the Raiders.

He can do things that other players just wouldn't be able to do. So he sure is worth investing in.

In the future we'd like to see him make that tackle on Johnson to stop the try 5 minutes later so I can see why people say he's got a way to go. But I saw him show some growing awareness of FB play too, he was racing back to be right on the spot for a chip through at one point, after knowing he'd been forced up into the line to make a tackle and that a smart half would now be looking for that chip. He's getting there.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

BadnMean wrote: May 22, 2022, 9:50 pm
Raider47 wrote: May 22, 2022, 9:30 pm In 40 mins, Savage clocked up the third most run metres for the Raiders.

He can do things that other players just wouldn't be able to do. So he sure is worth investing in.

In the future we'd like to see him make that tackle on Johnson to stop the try 5 minutes later so I can see why people say he's got a way to go. But I saw him show some growing awareness of FB play too, he was racing back to be right on the spot for a chip through at one point, after knowing he'd been forced up into the line to make a tackle and that a smart half would now be looking for that chip. He's getting there.
He also took down Johnstone after his earlier line break. It was an easy tackle sure, but it shows he's not completely inept

It's rare you get a 20 year old in a key position who can do it all. Given how well he runs, he would have to be proportionately bad in defence for it to exclude him from the NRL... I find that very unlikely. I think we have a good one, and agree with Gus Gould that we might have seen his breakthrough NRL moment today
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Was there a reason why Schneider got pulled from kicking apart from missing an easy kick?

Leg injury or just confidence?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 22, 2022, 10:13 pm
BadnMean wrote: May 22, 2022, 9:50 pm

He also took down Johnstone after his earlier line break. It was an easy tackle sure, but it shows he's not completely inept

It's rare you get a 20 year old in a key position who can do it all. Given how well he runs, he would have to be proportionately bad in defence for it to exclude him from the NRL... I find that very unlikely. I think we have a good one, and agree with Gus Gould that we might have seen his breakthrough NRL moment today
I think we saw that moment last year, against the Sharks. Sadly, he picked up the shoulder injury.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Postman Pat wrote: May 22, 2022, 10:19 pm Was there a reason why Schneider got pulled from kicking apart from missing an easy kick?

Suspect it was because he wasn't expecting to play at all this weekend, and there's a lot of pressure on the kid.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

greeneyed wrote:
Postman Pat wrote: May 22, 2022, 10:19 pm Was there a reason why Schneider got pulled from kicking apart from missing an easy kick?

Suspect it was because he wasn't expecting to play at all this weekend, and there's a lot of pressure on the kid.
Hmm, strange decision that one.

The kid can kick and Rapa well, kicks like he plays. Kicker love it kick, I’d think it was a kick in guts to take it away from him.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Botman wrote: May 22, 2022, 8:10 pm He's a super tough kid and i LOVE how sound he is defensively. I've said it before but he'll have a long professional career as a back up for that alone! Clubs will value having a guy like him as a #3-4 half who they know they can put in in spot starts and know he'll hold up defensively.

But again, he's too slow with his passing and processing at this stage to think he'll be starting NRL half. And i take the point about his disrupted and limited development due to COVID fully... i think at this stage the best thing that can happen for him is for Fog to get back and for him to go and play a year of footy and work on his craft. He's had a really good run, the club and he knows the areas of improvement that need to be made... go and try and hone those skills and we'll see.

Right now though, he's simply not ready to be an NRL play maker. Though he's certainly a guy i want in my NRL squad.
First off, great game today, and I don't normally bother to post about how good the team was when they win because well we all saw it.

But Botman on your post, and I pretty much agree with you, I wonder as you do if the lack of NSW Cup games has slowed his readiness for first grade and what we are seeing is that phenomenon where it takes people a dozen or so first grade games before suddenly they adapt to the increased pace. People like Cronk and Johns talk about how at some point in first grade, the game slows down for playmakers and they can start to see the unfolding opportunities. To me it looks like that hasn't happened for Schneider yet, which would explain why when he takes on the line (or in normal speak, runs) he looks slow.

Back in NSW Cup their will be more time, and some of those runs might start working again. At some point Schneider will be back in first grade and when he sees the same opportunity, he'll actually be able to take advantage of it. It's only then that we'll see how good he actually is.

Hopefully, it'll be great.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I have been one of schnieders biggest fans, and wanted him named this week, but I think he had his worst game in green today. His defence was its usual high quality, but kicking, passing and decisions were slightly off - I’m wondering if he was actually one of the Flu crew and we just didn’t know because he wasn’t in the squad until game time. He just looked out of sorts.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Schneider has been good all year. Like pig, I love his defence.

Yes, his growth has been thwarted by covid but he is definitely a guy i want in my squad. He'll only get better as time goes by.

Agree Coastal, I think he was off yday and we can assume that's due to an unusual week for him.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Coastalraider wrote: May 23, 2022, 5:12 am I have been one of schnieders biggest fans, and wanted him named this week, but I think he had his worst game in green today. His defence was its usual high quality, but kicking, passing and decisions were slightly off - I’m wondering if he was actually one of the Flu crew and we just didn’t know because he wasn’t in the squad until game time. He just looked out of sorts.
He looked like he had the flu during the warm up
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!