Eels 13+
11%

Total votes: 9

Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Thomas Raider »

Just no attacking class in the 20. What did Starling offer today?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Botman wrote:This is a pretty good parramatta team and we gave them a fairly good challenge
Lots for us to work on for sure, but i think if we play like this, we'll beat most teams
I agree, it’s a massive step up from how we were playing only a few weeks back.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Greenev wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:31 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:30 pm Glad we let Simmo go to buy back that plodder Cotric
Simmo, plays half ass for us for 2 years then plays the best game of his life against us.. Just to rub it in
Yeah Cotric just consistently poor these days
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

does Ricky ask for a new contract this week? He's shown he cannot coach against a good team. Woeful use of interchange bench and tactics to take the two.

But Parra a much better team. Two players that we have knocked on this forum - Simonsson and Dylan Brown, had wonderful games.

Fogarty reminds me of a poor man's Sezer without the tackling ability.
Last edited by Hong Kong Raider on May 29, 2022, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:59 pm
Botman wrote:The death riding of Savage is **** sad and pathetic, Seif. Image
Not death riding him at all.

I hope he has a wonderful career with us.

Today he has been poor and has demonstrated why he's not ready for regular first grade.

It's the people expecting him to be a game changer that you should be concerned about.
Okay so what does charnze give us over savage then?

Savage is - Quicker, safer at the back, better in backline plays, has a better passing game (not hard to be better than charnze there)

If your basing the fact charnze is better because hes safer and more reliable, I think you need to stop watching 2019 games because he has been anything far from safe and reliable this year.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:01 pm Good game, played well, enjoyable to watch. Parra were just better.
Yep. That’s about it. Just add that Brown was unbelievable and an honourable mention to Simmonson
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Did Parra have a tackle in our 20 that half?

Our attack was utterly putrid. So one out.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Botman wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:57 pm Good game of footy. We're just not quite at their level. I'll give ourselves a shot if we faced them again though with a bit more time for our team to gel with Fog
I think the scoreline flatters us. One of our tries was Gutho getting himself in a tangle trying to get a foot in goal, one was from dummy half and the other a bomb. Plenty of good fortune in our favour.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Good game of footy. Eels just a bit too good. At least we look like we can compete for a top 8 spot now. Still need to lift another notch to do that.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

We didn't lose that through lack of effort.

We just have too many deficiencies in our DNA to be able to beat half decent sides if they turn up.

And we saw a reversion to the mean of some of our worst traits as a side: unimaginative attack; inability to score in the second half; and futile conservative game management from the coaching brains trust.

We are tracking perfectly for our fourth 10th place finish in six years.
Last edited by Mickey_Raider on May 29, 2022, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up The Milk
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Greenev wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:59 pm
Ultima wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:56 pm Whitehead... second worst player out there...
Fog worst?
Yep... I assume the only reason we bought him was organising our attack, getting repeat sets... He failed hard. Yes it was his first game of the season but if he can't outplay the kid he replaced, why isn't he getting match fitness in reserves?
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

Entertaining game. Congrats to Bailey, he seems like a nice guy, just never played well for us and this would have to be a career best game for him.

Too many bad vibes towards Fog, it’s his first game, who isn’t rusty one game into the season.

Starling needs to have more impact coming on at that stage of the game.

Apart from that good effort!
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

The coach made a bad call to take the penalty kick instead of going for the try. Very stupid.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

When will everyone realise Starling is Cat Piss? We sick whenever he is on the ground.

We have looked better with Trevelan, Elliot, Hodgson and Woolford. Starling is ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

I thought Fogarty looked ok, it’s nice having two halves again, there’s plenty of options.

Not having CNK hurts the team too, hopefully he’s back sooner rather than later and we can solidify the combinations in our spine.
Last edited by The Nickman on May 29, 2022, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Canberra Milk wrote:
Postman Pat wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:00 pm
Canberra Milk wrote:Attack just not good enough and/or Parra's defence too good
You don’t win games letting in 28 points, at least we were in it.
They were on the rack second half and we couldn't finish them off
Brown finished us off tonight, Parra did defend well but I doubt they’ll be happy letting in 20 let alone 28.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

Begbie wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:00 pm
Ultima wrote: May 29, 2022, 5:56 pm Whitehead... second worst player out there...
Fog worst?
Hahaha - either you are Shneiders wife, mate or he ran over your dog.
Sorry mate but if you cant see that fog was our worst thats your fault for not knowing footy.. Not mine :roflmao
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Green Taipan wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:06 pm The coach made a bad call to take the penalty kick instead of going for the try. Very stupid.
It was an odd call. Problem is we had plenty of goes at their line after that and came up blank. Nothing to say taking the tap would have been a better result for us.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

The Nickman wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:07 pm I thought Fogarty looked ok, it’s nice having two halves again, there’s plenty of options.

Not having CNK hurts the team too, hopefully he’s back sooner rather than later and we can solidify the combinations in our spine.
CNK would have subtracted not added..X Man went close a couple of times in second half (despite Seif's bizarre death riding)... if he ran instead of passing v Waqa Blake he was over
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

Ultima wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:05 pm
Fog worst?
Yep... I assume the only reason we bought him was organising our attack, getting repeat sets... He failed hard. Yes it was his first game of the season but if he can't outplay the kid he replaced, why isn't he getting match fitness in reserves?
I agree.. And by no means im saying sack fogarty, but he looked FAR away from what we need in a halfback at the moment. Surely this is just a fitness issue

for an example when he passed the ball long to cotric ( Which was a TERRIBLE pass, which cotric knocked on trying to kick ) Kris was straight through untouched literally off his hip..
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:04 pm We didn't lose that through lack of effort.

We just have too many deficiencies in our DNA to be able to beat half decent sides if they turn up.

And we saw a reversion to the mean of some of our worst traits as a side: unimaginative attack; inability to score in the second half; and futile conservative game management from the coaching brains trust.

We are tracking perfectly for our fourth 10th place finish in six years.
Sums up Raiders under Ricky. Good at effort and application. Not good at attack/chemistry/IQ

I'm ok with it though, Parra turned up and they're just a better footy team than us
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Canberra Milk wrote:
The Nickman wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:07 pm I thought Fogarty looked ok, it’s nice having two halves again, there’s plenty of options.

CNK would have subtracted not added..X Man went close a couple of times in second half (despite Seif's bizarre death riding)... if he ran instead of passing v Waqa Blake he was over
Close doesn’t get you points. What might CNK have stopped in defence that counts on the scoreboard?
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Starling is the worst. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

We had enough possession to win that game. There were a couple of critical moments that we didn't ice - first was the 2 points decision. Then Savage not dummying and going himself but trying to pass to Rapa which resulted to Blake knocking it down. Then Fogarty's long pass to Cotric when he should have just found Kris when a 2 v 2.

We are a top 8 side but can't challenge the good teams. We probably won't make the 8 due to our losses to Nth Qld and Warriors with big leads.

And we are hampered by a unimaginative coach making wrong decisions - going for 2 points when we should have continued attacking and not going for 2 when they were 8 ahead. And why put Shiller on the bench when we won't use him unless there is an injury.
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:14 pm We had enough possession to win that game. There were a couple of critical moments that we didn't ice - first was the 2 points decision. Then Savage not dummying and going himself but trying to pass to Rapa which resulted to Blake knocking it down. Then Fogarty's long pass to Cotric when he should have just found Kris when a 2 v 2.

We are a top 8 side but can't challenge the good teams. We probably won't make the 8 due to our losses to Nth Qld and Warriors with big leads.

And we are hampered by a unimaginative coach making wrong decisions - going for 2 points when we should have continued attacking and not going for 2 when they were 8 ahead. And why put Shiller on the bench when we won't use him unless there is an injury.
Agree with everything you've said here.. I feel so sorry for blokes like Paps and Taps throwing their bodys away every game for us when Ricky cant even coach attacking structure..

Bleed green but fellas
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

I thought Savage played Ok and offered more in attack than CNK did in 11 weeks. Just inexperienced with that loose carry and should have went himself in the second half instead of passing, allowing Waqa Blake to knock it down. If he was fully fit and trailing Sutton / Timoko we would have scored.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Raider47 wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:03 pm Did Parra have a tackle in our 20 that half?

Our attack was utterly putrid. So one out.
I posted before the game that we go back to one out grindball vs good teams when the pressure is on. We tucked it under the arm a bit and stopped offering a threat.

That's not on a single player it's either the team or an instruction. But taking the 2 was a pretty good indicator we thought we could play it safe for 35 mins and win it.
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:14 pm We had enough possession to win that game. There were a couple of critical moments that we didn't ice - first was the 2 points decision. Then Savage not dummying and going himself but trying to pass to Rapa which resulted to Blake knocking it down. Then Fogarty's long pass to Cotric when he should have just found Kris when a 2 v 2.

Agreed, we’re a top 8 side that wont make the top 8
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

CNK has no business being anywhere near the spine going forward
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I'm not slitting my wrists after that performance. I thought both teams played very well. I thought fog showed plenty of promise. We are not far away I reckon. Bring on the roosters!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Botman wrote:

Today he has been poor and has demonstrated why he's not ready for regular first grade.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
1. Bull, you've been death riding him all game. And is indeed sad and pathetic
2. That last sentence proves it.
Sad and pathetic hey.

I get that you're keen to give me a bit of **** about my opinion of Savage because you want him to succeed.

If it's "sad and pathetic" for me to be disappointed with some of his play today then so be it. Maybe he gets 5 more weeks to show his wares.

I couldn't care less if people disagree with me. I wasn't a big fan of Reece Robinson for the same reasons, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Savage has youth on his side. I hope he bounces back. Today I thought he showed why the coaching staff have been hesitant to bring him in. If you saw it differently, then fair enough.

For what it's worth, I'm hoping Forgarty benefits from the run too. He was poor in defence today.

Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

Rickmando wrote: May 29, 2022, 6:22 pm

CNK has no business being anywhere near the spine going forward
Freudian slip. He meant CHN.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Greenev wrote:

It's the people expecting him to be a game changer that you should be concerned about.
Okay so what does charnze give us over savage then?

Savage is - Quicker, safer at the back, better in backline plays, has a better passing game (not hard to be better than charnze there)

If your basing the fact charnze is better because hes safer and more reliable, I think you need to stop watching 2019 games because he has been anything far from safe and reliable this year.
Charnze has been very poor this season. I've said it a number of times.

Not sure what that has to do with how Savage played today. It's entirely irrelevant.

Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

I’m still shocked we took the two….it’s just astounding. We had an opportunity to get some fatigue into them early in the half and we decide to let them have a rest and recompose themselves!
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Ironically we may have won today with Schneider in the team with his defence