Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2022 Rd 14 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by Canberra Milk »

RedRaider wrote: June 13, 2022, 9:04 am
gangrenous wrote: June 12, 2022, 7:50 pm
RedRaider wrote:
gangrenous wrote: June 12, 2022, 1:56 pm Is that because it’s a kick that Jack is not very good at, and one he doesn’t choose when he should?

Which might be improved by… moving Jack out of the halves?
I think they play to the coaches instruction gangers.
The coach’s instruction doesn’t include playing for repeat sets?

I’m not buying it…
From my point of view, there is a change in playing tactics after half time. Some evidence for this is the lack of tries we are able to score in our second halves. The same 17 players are unable to score tries in the second half which they can in the First half. To me that is likely to be half time instructions the players are following. This is not a one off. It is happening regularly.
True. I thought we looked good with ball in hand in the first half, even attacking the line

People are attributing that to Woolford/Starling but maybe there's more to it
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 14 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

This is not a reasonable assumption. You think that at half time Ricky tells them “ok, first half plan done. Second half no playing for set restarts, cease all structure, and for heavens sake no tries please.”? And that he’s persisting with this two half strategy through endless failed second halves?

The personnel, poor bench usage/fitness, and lack of control from the halves is a more reasonable explanation for being crap in the second half.