2022 State of Origin III: Maroons V Blues

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Maroons 13+
17%
Maroons 1-12
50%
Blues 1-12
17%
Blues 13+
17%

Total votes: 6

the bone
John Ferguson

Re: 2022 State of Origin III: Maroons V Blues

Post by the bone »

I shouldn’t laugh, but this sentence on the state of origin Wikipedia page (under the popularity section) always cracks me up:
Internationally, the series is televised in 91 countries, and is a national obsession in Papua New Guinea, occasionally sparking riots, violence and deaths.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:13 am
Boomercm wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:11 am
Wiki Special wrote: July 14, 2022, 9:28 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 14, 2022, 2:17 am That should be Freddys last game , he has lost 2 series that were his to win.
The game itself , bar the result was a cracker.
This is how rugby League should be played and controlled. Few 6 agains , few penalties other than the obvious ones , only if he NRL was controlled this way.
Yeah, what a shock that such a great product can be dished up to spectators when players are the ones deciding a result.
If it is controlled this way all of the time, coaches/teams take advantage and the game turns into a mess.

What we have is a game that ebbs and flows. The game is over referee'd in some parts of the year, but this establishes boundaries so that SOO and finals run fairly smoothly without much intervention.

I'm not sure there is another way to do it with r.league. I don't want to see them take the NFL path and slow the game right down so you can have very technical video reviews every 2mins
Yeah good post Boomer. Spot on I reckon.
Yeah I have to say I agree with that post too, I don't mind Origins and Finals being refereed differently if they use the regular season games to set the standard and prevent bad habits becoming routine.

Quite simply, the way they ref Origin made both Games 1 and 3 absolute crackers, two of the best games most people reckon they've seen (even disregarding the result, NSW could've won either), whereas Game 2 was just completely rubbish the way they over-reffed it after complaints from Fittler.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:15 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 14, 2022, 2:17 am That should be Freddys last game , he has lost 2 series that were his to win.
The game itself , bar the result was a cracker.
This is how rugby League should be played and controlled. Few 6 agains , few penalties other than the obvious ones , only if he NRL was controlled this way.
Yeah, what a shock that such a great product can be dished up to spectators when players are the ones deciding a result.
If it is controlled this way all of the time, coaches/teams take advantage and the game turns into a mess.

What we have is a game that ebbs and flows. The game is over referee'd in some parts of the year, but this establishes boundaries so that SOO and finals run fairly smoothly without much intervention.

I'm not sure there is another way to do it with r.league. I don't want to see them take the NFL path and slow the game right down so you can have very technical video reviews every 2mins
Yeah I have to say I agree with that post too, I don't mind Origins and Finals being refereed differently if they use the regular season games to set the standard and prevent bad habits becoming routine.

Quite simply, the way they ref Origin made both Games 1 and 2 absolute crackers, two of the best games most people reckon they've seen (even disregarding the result, NSW could've won either), whereas Game 2 was just completely rubbish the way they over-reffed it after complaints from Fittler.
I was about to say, game 2 did not feel like an origin game. Very-NRLish. I see though that you had a typo and meant game 1 and 3.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2022, 9:41 am
bonehead wrote: July 14, 2022, 9:36 am
Botman wrote:
yeh raiders wrote: July 13, 2022, 10:54 pm
Botman wrote: July 13, 2022, 10:46 pm The referee refusal to make the right call and decide the game actually helped decide the game!

And the best team won. Do we hand wave it and say the result was right?
What a weird situation our code is in.
Which right call?
The Tino hit is a sin bin in any other game bar SOO, and maybe a send off if the ref is in the right kind of mood

And when Gagai goes out of his way to hit a bloke off the ball and then start a fight by throwing punches, to me that’s a straight send off… Tino could have been sin binned again in that exchange for being the 3rd man in

But all in all I thought qld were the better team and deserved to win
I thought Burton started it, knocked ponga over then when gagai returned the favour he got up mouthing at gagai, gagai shaped up and Burton went at him probably expecting a shirt fronting rather than a face full of fists

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
There's a very creative narrative in play trying to paint Burton as the victim here.

Burton’s hit was perfectly legal
Gagai takes exception, blind side hits him off the ball, Burton is rightfully angry about the dog shot and they come together and gagai throws the first punch.

There really isn’t a lot of debate here about the events. :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:17 am
The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:15 am

Quite simply, the way they ref Origin made both Games 1 and 2 absolute crackers, two of the best games most people reckon they've seen (even disregarding the result, NSW could've won either), whereas Game 2 was just completely rubbish the way they over-reffed it after complaints from Fittler.
I was about to say, game 2 did not feel like an origin game. Very-NRLish. I see though that you had a typo and meant game 1 and 3.
I didn't even watch Game 2, I don't have Channel 9 at home and I absolutely HATE the Sunday game, so the last two years I've just watched the scores on my phone... and both times I've been happy I didn't bother.

Games 1 and 3 I watched at the pub though... say what you want about Wednesday Origins, they're still INFINITELY better than Sunday **** nights.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:05 am
Billy Walker wrote: July 14, 2022, 1:01 am
the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 12:57 am This was on Freddy’s selections more than anything else. Crighton over Wighton, Tupou over Addo-Carr, and leaving Jake Trb out of origin I. Bizarre decisions that had a huge influence on the series result.

A couple of other thoughts - not sure I’m buying that Billy Slater is suddenly a master coach. And good for Ben Hunt having that runaway try at the end - he’ll forever be known for gifting the 2015 GF to the Cowboys, so moments like tonight will ease that burden if only just slightly.

Finally, Valentine Holmes was my pick for player of the series.
Geeeez bone - want any chips with all that salt?
Which part was salty? I didn’t think I was being salty at all.
I don’t know, I was drunk and now feeling too hung over to read it back. There probably would have been a point I was making about something but good luck making sense of it :roflmao
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:24 am
the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 12:57 am This was on Freddy’s selections more than anything else. Crighton over Wighton, Tupou over Addo-Carr, and leaving Jake Trb out of origin I. Bizarre decisions that had a huge influence on the series result.

A couple of other thoughts - not sure I’m buying that Billy Slater is suddenly a master coach. And good for Ben Hunt having that runaway try at the end - he’ll forever be known for gifting the 2015 GF to the Cowboys, so moments like tonight will ease that burden if only just slightly.

I don’t know, I was drunk and now feeling too hung over to read it back. There probably would have been a point I was making about something but good luck making sense of it :roflmao
Haha nice... you managed to sneak a couple of Mum's West Coast Coolers, BIlly?
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Can we take a moment to recall how in 2018 Billy Slater won the Wally Lewis medal despite Qld losing AND only playing in 2/3 games :lol:
I still think it was a ploy by the QLDers who voted (Meninga and Lockyer + Daley if I recall correctly) to have the last laugh, but in the end it just made a mockery of an award of which more Queenslanders have won and is named after a Queensland legend! So not sure if the joke was as funny as they thought…

Also, remember the annual Qld tradition of pumping the tires of some NSW scrub, sometimes even giving him an ANZAC kangaroos jersey, just to bafoon the NSW selectors into selecting said scrub?
“Oh that Trent Merrin, he’s something else!”. 5 years and 15 origins later, NSW would finally realise this guy kinda sucks at origin level :lol:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2022, 9:39 am
GreenMachine wrote: July 14, 2022, 8:59 am Filter's hubris costs NSW again...
Scratch this down as another year where NSW seemingly have a better team on paper yet lose the series...
Not the first time during Freddy's tenure.
Agree.

He was gifted a generationally talented NSW team (against a QLD team that was changing the guard) and he screws it up deluxe.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Boomercm wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:07 am
Botman wrote:

Which right call?
The Tino hit is a sin bin in any other game bar SOO, and maybe a send off if the ref is in the right kind of mood

And when Gagai goes out of his way to hit a bloke off the ball and then start a fight by throwing punches, to me that’s a straight send off… Tino could have been sin binned again in that exchange for being the 3rd man in

I thought Burton started it, knocked ponga over then when gagai returned the favour he got up mouthing at gagai, gagai shaped up and Burton went at him probably expecting a shirt fronting rather than a face full of fists

There's a very creative narrative in play trying to paint Burton as the victim here.
Burton had eyes on ball. Didn't hit ponga deliberately. Actually looked back and apologised.

He did chase down Gagai - which was his part in instigating. I guess you could give him 10 for that.
They were both throwing punches. That's automatically 10 in the bin in the current game.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

GreenMachine wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:46 am
Scratch this down as another year where NSW seemingly have a better team on paper yet lose the series...
Agree.

He was gifted a generationally talented NSW team (against a QLD team that was changing the guard) and he screws it up deluxe.
Lost a series to the worst QLD ever.

Doesn't do himself any favours post game when he loses either. Comes across as a bit of a sook.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:34 am Can we take a moment to recall how in 2018 Billy Slater won the Wally Lewis medal despite Qld losing AND only playing in 2/3 games :lol:
I still think it was a ploy by the QLDers who voted (Meninga and Lockyer + Daley if I recall correctly) to have the last laugh, but in the end it just made a mockery of an award of which more Queenslanders have won and is named after a Queensland legend! So not sure if the joke was as funny as they thought…

Also, remember the annual Qld tradition of pumping the tires of some NSW scrub, sometimes even giving him an ANZAC kangaroos jersey, just to bafoon the NSW selectors into selecting said scrub?
“Oh that Trent Merrin, he’s something else!”. 5 years and 15 origins later, NSW would finally realise this guy kinda sucks at origin level :lol:
Hahaha the "Ben Creagh effect"... I always said if Ben Creagh were a Queenslander he would never have played an Origin game, however if Alan Tongue were a Queenslander he would've played twenty!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
Botman wrote:

Which right call?

Gagai takes exception, blind side hits him off the ball, Burton is rightfully angry about the dog shot and they come together and gagai throws the first punch.

There really isn’t a lot of debate here about the events. Image
I keep revisiting this thread just to read GEs thoughts on this incident. Wonder where it rates on his Gallen / blathering scale? GE? Must be up there with the most despicable acts on a football field? Gagai blindsides Burton after Burton (with only eyes for the ball) accidentally stumbles over the top of Ponga, who just appears out of nowhere. Burton goes down but bounces back up, apologising to Ponga and from out of nowhere Gagai comes in swinging. Burton, stunned throws his hands up in self defence and queries 'what the hell are you doing'? In rushes third man thaiday... I mean Tino and grabs Burton while Gagai takes about 8 - 10 free shots at him? And for his trouble Burton gets binned? GE must be furious that Gagai has completely tarnished a superb win by the Maroons.
Last edited by gerg on July 14, 2022, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:53 am
the bone wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:34 am Can we take a moment to recall how in 2018 Billy Slater won the Wally Lewis medal despite Qld losing AND only playing in 2/3 games :lol:

Hahaha the "Ben Creagh effect"... I always said if Ben Creagh were a Queenslander he would never have played an Origin game, however if Alan Tongue were a Queenslander he would've played twenty!
That Creagh/Tongue analogy is so true and why QLD have an advantage at Origin time. A couple of those no frills players - Cotter, Gilbert, etc - are essential yet a Cotter wouldn't sniff the NSW team. Imagine picking Ryan Matterson for Game 1 and dropping a Jake Trbojovic.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

gergreg wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:56 am
Botman wrote:
Botman wrote:

There really isn’t a lot of debate here about the events. Image
I keep revisiting this thread just to read GEs thoughts on this incident. Wonder where it rates on his Gallen / blathering scale? GE? Must be up there with the most despicable acts on a football field? Gagai blindsinds Burton after Burton (with only eyes for the ball) accidentally stumbles over the top of Ponga, who just appears out of nowhere. Burton goes down but bounces back up, apologising to Ponga and from out of nowhere Gagai comes in swinging. Burton, stunned throws his hands up in self defence and queries 'what the hell are you doing'? In rushes third man thaiday... I mean Tino and grabs Burton while Gagai takes about 8 - 10 free shots at him? And for his trouble Burton gets binned? GE must be furious that Gagai has completely tarnished a superb win by the Maroons.
That sequence is pretty much spot on. Except that Burton apologised to Ponga before Gagai hit him (not afterward). And after Gagai knocked Burton down, Burton then chased down Gagai. If Burton doesn't chase him down then Gagai would not have punched holes in him.

Gagai certainly had no reason to knock Burton down in the first place. And he should be suspended for fighting. One week for punching first, and another week or two for continuing to flog him when Tino was holding him back. Will be interesting to see how many weeks he gets, if any
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Wiki Special wrote: July 14, 2022, 11:05 am
The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:53 am

That Creagh/Tongue analogy is so true and why QLD have an advantage at Origin time. A couple of those no frills players - Cotter, Gilbert, etc - are essential yet a Cotter wouldn't sniff the NSW team. Imagine picking Ryan Matterson for Game 1 and dropping a Jake Trbojovic.
I have to say as a Queenslander I was absolutely delighted when they dropped Addo-Carr too, that bloke always just tears us to shreds. He could've easily picked up a clutch play with ten to go in either Games 1 or 3, he's just that type of player.

And to use another anaology, compare Josh Addo-Carr to Dane Gagai. It doesn't matter how poor Gagai's club form is, Queensland always picks him, because they know he does the job. It's his spot to lose. NSW changes their team selections as the wind changes.

Addo-Carr should've been there from the start.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:52 am
GreenMachine wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:46 am
Agree.

Lost a series to the worst QLD ever.

Doesn't do himself any favours post game when he loses either. Comes across as a bit of a sook.
Yep, the post match sooking is embarrassing...

I can't stand coaches that would seemingly point to "everything else" aside from their own sheer stupidity with team selections / bench use, tactics when the end result doesn't favor them.

You try to control the things you can control so that unexpected events/unfavorable intangibles don't bite you on the **** when they eventually materialize..I.e. you try and limit the impact of "bad luck" through proper preparation. We can't say that about "Freddy" who somehow found a way to lose from behind the finish line...

I mean, some of those team selections and bench use made Ricky look like Yoda.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Greenhouse score update service
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Botman wrote:
Botman wrote: July 13, 2022, 10:46 pm The referee refusal to make the right call and decide the game actually helped decide the game!

And the best team won. Do we hand wave it and say the result was right?
What a weird situation our code is in.
Which right call?

Ponga moved across in front of him. Burton didn't initiate the contact. He moved into his path.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

The easiest thing to control as an origin coach is the squad and team you pick.

You’re appointed in the position without having to deal with the stresses of week in/week out NRL coaching. You have ample time to figure out who the best players are. You CANNOT afford to get selections more than slightly wrong.

Ado Carr has been NSW best winger for long enough. He should never have even been considered for dropping. His replaced then puts in an atrociously lazy performance, after a couple of mediocre ones.

The fact that Turbo and Latrell were out should’ve further solidified Ado Carr’s selection.

Steve Critchon has clearly shown he is not up to the task. Pathetic defence on the edge and he fails to make for up it in attack. There’s very little upside there. Wighton on the other hand, was a stand out performer in game 1. It’s a very simple decision and again Freddie fails.

Dropping Reagan Campbell-Gillard. We have our best in Payne Haas out, so you choose a debutant instead? It’s just madness. Granted Saifiti started well, but he isn’t up to RCG’s standard.

The Penrith bias needs to go. Most of the players should stay, but they shouldn’t be running the team and the insistence on running our attack through Yeo is terribly overdone and predictable.

Blind Freddie OUT please.
Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

A week ago there was talk of Matt Burton being paid a million dollars a season next contract. His stats last night - 3 runs for 23 metres. Pretty bad considering origin hinges on yardage and relieving the forwards. If Wighton had dished up those stats, there’d be NSW supporters frothing at the mouth. I’m not saying Burton isn’t a gun player, but there are some ridiculous double standards for NSW players, particularly if you don’t come from the Penrith system. Ive barely heard any criticism of Burton after last night.
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

The Luai standover bs on a concussed Cobbo will be shown to every future QLD SOO player for years. Arrogance doesn't win you the game.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:26 am
Billy Walker wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Haha nice... you managed to sneak a couple of Mum's West Coast Coolers, BIlly?
Vodka cruisers on the roof brah
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Dr Greenthumb wrote: July 14, 2022, 12:44 pm A week ago there was talk of Matt Burton being paid a million dollars a season next contract. His stats last night - 3 runs for 23 metres. Pretty bad considering origin hinges on yardage and relieving the forwards. If Wighton had dished up those stats, there’d be NSW supporters frothing at the mouth. I’m not saying Burton isn’t a gun player, but there are some ridiculous double standards for NSW players, particularly if you don’t come from the Penrith system. Ive barely heard any criticism of Burton after last night.
It's really not his job to make the hard yards it is the back 3's imo. But then he also has a useless five-eighth and has to cover for him as well.

I doubt he'll be playing for under 1mil a season when he re-negotiates.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

First time at Suncorp. Incredible atmosphere. Loved the walk to the game along Caxton St. Great to mingle with the Queenslanders, all good banter.

I was asked before the game if I would take NSW losing 10 series in a row for a single Raiders premiership and I said yes without hesitation. A Queensland fan said “that’s the difference”. Sort of agree.

The Wighton omission tells you everything about NSW. I said before the game, Game 3 would be completely different to Game 2, and Wighton was a must. This wasn’t hindsight - it was bleedingly it obvious that he should have been picked ahead of Crichton, for experience alone. In addition, the game was always going to be hard going and NSW could use Wighton’s physicality and aggression. Laughable he was dropped for a player who had performed poorly in the two previous games. Seems to me the Penrith players have too much influence on selection.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

TongueFTW wrote: July 14, 2022, 4:08 pm First time at Suncorp. Incredible atmosphere. Loved the walk to the game along Caxton St. Great to mingle with the Queenslanders, all good banter.

I was asked before the game if I would take NSW losing 10 series in a row for a single Raiders premiership and I said yes without hesitation. A Queensland fan said “that’s the difference”. Sort of agree.

The Wighton omission tells you everything about NSW. I said before the game, Game 3 would be completely different to Game 2, and Wighton was a must. This wasn’t hindsight - it was bleedingly it obvious that he should have been picked ahead of Crichton, for experience alone. In addition, the game was always going to be hard going and NSW could use Wighton’s physicality and aggression. Laughable he was dropped for a player who had performed poorly in the two previous games. Seems to me the Penrith players have too much influence on selection.
They're right you know, there's no chance in HELL I'd trade 10 straight losses for Queensland for a single Raiders premiership, not even remotely.

Maybe three straight series losses? Maybe, but that would 100% be the limit.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
TongueFTW wrote: July 14, 2022, 4:08 pm First time at Suncorp. Incredible atmosphere. Loved the walk to the game along Caxton St. Great to mingle with the Queenslanders, all good banter.

They're right you know, there's no chance in HELL I'd trade 10 straight losses for Queensland for a single Raiders premiership, not even remotely.

Maybe three straight series losses? Maybe, but that would 100% be the limit.
let me get Gallen on the phone, he's the guru of losing origin

Edrick The Entertainer
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Greg Alexander on NRL360 defending the team selections and result. Excuse was they went in this series w/o the two best players in Turbo and Latrell.

That's just weak.

But they picked an arrogant cocky Panther that couldn't hack it when he was driven back so forces a pass (Crichton), two Panthers that couldn't tackle (Luai and Crichton), and a ex-garbo who's only played around 4 good NRL games that played rubbish and made mistakes (Talakai).

Reagen Campbell Gillard doesn't get a look in because the Mt Druitt boys don't like him. Wighton doesn't get a look in due to the arrogant Crichton who's a real big pussy.

And with Luai and his grubbiness, he must be one of the most hated players in the NRL.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 14, 2022, 6:45 pm Greg Alexander on NRL360 defending the team selections and result. Excuse was they went in this series w/o the two best players in Turbo and Latrell.

That's just weak.

But they picked an arrogant cocky Panther that couldn't hack it when he was driven back so forces a pass (Crichton), two Panthers that couldn't tackle (Luai and Crichton), and a ex-garbo who's only played around 4 good NRL games that played rubbish and made mistakes (Talakai).

Reagen Campbell Gillard doesn't get a look in because the Mt Druitt boys don't like him. Wighton doesn't get a look in due to the arrogant Crichton who's a real big pussy.

And with Luai and his grubbiness, he must be one of the most hated players in the NRL.
Well this post explains the problem with NSW today. On the contrary Gagai's position was never in question. Maybe you can say the same about Papalii.

Wighton was an absolute must last night. And to see him in the stadium as 17th man... well that's just embarassing. Shame on the NSW leadership. Shame shame shame.

Reagan Campbell Gillard did nothing wrong. Also should have held his position. I might be bias to say his case for a spot was a little weaker than Wighton.

Slater said publicly.. no changes even after a thrashing. Players know where they stand. Simple but great values and principles.

Clearly Panthers Incorporated should NOT be selectors and coaching the team. Im convinced they had an influence on Wighton not being in the side and the game plan in general. That is where Fittler went wrong.

This would no doubt affect some players in some way shape or form.

Anyway it's easy to point these things out after a loss. If NSW won this post wouldnt make sense.

But the nonsense that goes on with NSW is exactly why I like seeing QLD win. Simple as that.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Just on the QLD jerseys.

There’s a XXXX sponsor on one sleeve.

What’s that number on the other sleeve ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

-PJ- wrote:Just on the QLD jerseys.

Postcode of different QLD towns. It was a XXXX driven campaign they had that went along with ads featuring locals from different QLD communities; the tagline being, 'I give a XXXX about QLD.'

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

As someone from NSW, it’s really easy to not care when there isn’t one player in the side I like.

Could not give a hoot they lost. An awful loss for Fittler though and probably deserved based on some pretty ordinary selections.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

-PJ- wrote: July 14, 2022, 8:43 pm Just on the QLD jerseys.

The postcode where they're from
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

President Clinton wrote: July 14, 2022, 9:33 pm As someone from NSW, it’s really easy to not care when there isn’t one player in the side I like.

Could not give a hoot they lost. An awful loss for Fittler though and probably deserved based on some pretty ordinary selections.
As a Queenslander, we never don't care... and that's the difference
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

The Nickman wrote: July 15, 2022, 9:28 am
President Clinton wrote: July 14, 2022, 9:33 pm As someone from NSW, it’s really easy to not care when there isn’t one player in the side I like.

As a Queenslander, we never don't care... and that's the difference
QLD have values that make it that way.

When was the last time QLD couldnt settle on a position just as an example.
When have politics played out in the media on who is or isnt going to be selected.