Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to join the Warriors in 2023

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad set to join the Warriors in 2023

Post by Neeeegz »

Thanks for your effort Charnze, best of luck with your future.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Has done very well for the club, but would be agony to be away from the kids for so long.

Best of luck to him. Hope he kills it in Auckland.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Wish him the best, good decision for all.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

And not shockingly Walsh was released, likely going to the Broncos. Figured that was coming as soon as the CNK news broke. Zero chance he was going back there with-out the first shot at fullback.

I always felt CNK was on borrowed time even when he first came here "just to get a shot at fullback". Then he seemed to really like it here so looked likely to kick on but ever since Stuart lost a big group of the players he has been on the outer and with Savage coming up this was always going to happen.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Good luck CNK and enjoy being closer to your children.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yep, I genuinely wish him all the best. I hope he kills it back home.

He was immense for us in 2019. He was a true cornerstone of that team, with Papa, Bateman, Hodgo and Wighton.

Wonderful memories.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

Makes sense and can’t blame him. I reckon he will be back to his best for them.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Gee if Walsh goes to Broncos they're locked into the top 8 for some time to come... Concerning
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Fantastic servant and ambassador for us in 2019/2020. Thanks mate.. All the best.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 5, 2022, 9:12 pm Gee if Walsh goes to Broncos they're locked into the top 8 for some time to come... Concerning
Not that concerning... the nature of where they are and what advantages they have in a highly productive junior market... it's a bit like the panthers, in a league where 8 teams of 16 make the finals, they're really **** things up if they dont clear that bar.

If i were running the panthers or broncos, missing the 8 would be automatic fire everyone unless there was some ungodly injury plague that impacted the season. There is simply not excuse for those clubs not to be able to draw on enough talent to win half their games
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Huge in our 2019 campaign, and from all reports a champion guy. Wish him all the best back at home.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I remember saying at the start of 2019 if Charnze was the real deal at FB, we could make a run at it. He was superb. Attending the 2019 GF was an amazing experience. Thanks Charnze.
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by Robert the Bruce »

We don’t make the 2019 gf without him. He set the standard for effort that made us a contender until the literal second he got injured last year. Don’t think he had much chance to prove himself this year coming back from a very serious injury. Honestly thought the people who didn’t appreciate what he brought to the team and maligned him were a little bitter. Sad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lightning
Sam Backo

Post by lightning »

Robert the Bruce wrote: July 5, 2022, 10:29 pm We don’t make the 2019 gf without him. He set the standard for effort that made us a contender until the literal second he got injured last year. Don’t think he had much chance to prove himself this year coming back from a very serious injury. Honestly thought the people who didn’t appreciate what he brought to the team and maligned him were a little bitter. Sad day.

Agree. Key player in a couple of our best years in a very long time
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Holy *checks Google* undecuple post. Surely a record.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

lightning wrote: July 5, 2022, 11:22 pm
Robert the Bruce wrote: July 5, 2022, 10:29 pm We don’t make the 2019 gf without him. He set the standard for effort that made us a contender until the literal second he got injured last year. Don’t think he had much chance to prove himself this year coming back from a very serious injury. Honestly thought the people who didn’t appreciate what he brought to the team and maligned him were a little bitter. Sad day.

Did you need to post that 10 times?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
lightning
Sam Backo

Post by lightning »

Finchy wrote: July 5, 2022, 11:25 pm
lightning wrote: July 5, 2022, 11:22 pm

Did you need to post that 10 times?
Technical issue. Anyway all the best charnze
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins

Post by Raiders Lim! »

All the best CNK. We'll always have 2019.
I can't help but think this will hurt Savage a little from the POV of being able to learn off a more experienced custodian.
All the same I can understand Charnze's "decision."
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Interesting… that’s really bad blood between the Warriors and Redcliffe, given they had a partnership this year.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

The Warriors owner is not the smartest guy or with the highest EQ, considering Lodge requested a release from his contract and got fully paid out. That was bizarre, even if they had a verbal pub fight. Automatically sets you back in the salary cap. Also recruited a dud coach in Nathan Brown without considering or interviewing other candidates at the time. Could have asked the Broncos for a player in return, or the Dolphins for some sort of transfer fee.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Loved what Charnze has brought to the club , Im gutted he is leaving but fully understand why. Always thought he played above his pay grade. One of my favourite ever players .
It will be interesting to see how we move forward , continue with developing Savage or look to recruit.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

An eloquent and beautiful tribute to CNK by The Sportress. Read it here
https://sportress.org/2022/07/05/there- ... o/#respond
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad set to join the Warriors in 2023

Post by The Nickman »

Well, I hope you’re all proud of yourselves

I, for one, am going to miss him, and miss what he brings to our club both on and off the field

All the best back in NZ, Charnze, I have a sneaking suspicion he’ll be back to his best over the ditch and will shove it in a lot of the critics’ faces

Supporters forum? More like deathride the players until they go back to New Zealand forum
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: July 6, 2022, 5:30 am Well, I hope you’re all proud of yourselves

I, for one, am going to miss him, and miss what he brings to our club both on and off the field

All the best back in NZ, Charnze, I have a sneaking suspicion he’ll be back to his best over the ditch and will shove it in a lot of the critics’ faces

Supporters forum? More like deathride the players until they go back to New Zealand forum
You’re over thinking it. The warriors saw an opportunity to sigh an out of form fullback and took that Chanze.

I don’t think it will be brutal for us to find a replacement- perhaps just a little Savage.

I know you liked CNK a lot but just remember- if can’t be with the 1 you want, honey, love the 1 your with…..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote:
The Nickman wrote: July 6, 2022, 5:30 am Well, I hope you’re all proud of yourselves

You’re over thinking it. The warriors saw an opportunity to sigh an out of form fullback and took that Chanze.

I don’t think it will be brutal for us to find a replacement- perhaps just a little Savage.

I know you liked CNK a lot but just remember- if can’t be with the 1 you want, honey, love the 1 your with…..
I think you might be under-simplifying it, Billy
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

He was a great servant to the club, he made plenty of metres and was an above average defender on that last line. He did a lot off the field too and that kind of stuff is never acknowledged as much as it should be.

And whilst I’ve no doubt he’s a first grader - he’s not a fullback. In that sense, I’m glad that it will now be NZ’s problem rather than the stifling of a potential talent like Savage here.

His penchant for sitting down as he attempts to catch bombs rather than attacking the ball will not be missed. How that was never coached out of him is baffling!
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

This guy was a Raiders legend for about 2 years there and instrumental in our return to relevance.

Whatever people think about his ball playing abilities or his standing amongst the games elite fullbacks, no one can doubt this guys heart.

Nothing but the very best wishes from me and enjoy being back home with the family champion.
Up The Milk
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

That's very rough for NZ to lose Walsh and replace with CNK.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

julian87 wrote: July 6, 2022, 8:51 am That's very rough for NZ to lose Walsh and replace with CNK.
Similar to the Eels replacing Mahoney with Hodgson.

Actually that’s worse, because CNK isn’t in this 30s and coming off 3 knee recos.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

Good luck to him. It was always on the cards with his family situation. He has been a great contributor to the club over the last four years and is a fantastic bloke off the field. It is clear though that we are on a track to have Savage usurp him as the number one fullback and I am sure family absence has been pulling on him for some time so this decision is not surprising at all.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Finchy wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:12 am
julian87 wrote: July 6, 2022, 8:51 am That's very rough for NZ to lose Walsh and replace with CNK.

Actually that’s worse, because CNK isn’t in this 30s and coming off 3 knee recos.
Losing Reece Walsh is way worse than losing Reed Mahoney imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Mahoney and Gutherson must be the most overhyped 1 and 9 combination ever.

I can not understand how either of them get spoken about come Origin time.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

julian87 wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:20 am
Finchy wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:12 am

Losing Reece Walsh is way worse than losing Reed Mahoney imo.
I’m talking more the quality of the replacement rather than the quality of the loss.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to depart Raiders at end of 2022

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad will depart the club at the end of the 2022 season, to take up a new deal with the New Zealand Warriors.

Nicoll-Klokstad (Raider #355) was contracted to the Raiders for the 2023 season, but the Raiders have given him permission to secure a long-term deal with the Warriors.

Arriving in Canberra in 2019, Nicoll-Klokstad established himself as the club’s first choice fullback and has played 66 matches for the Raiders.

He was part of the Raiders team which made their way to the Grand Final in 2019 and the Preliminary Final in 2020.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club thanked Charnze for his contribution during his time in Canberra and said he’d continue to be a valuable member of the squad in 2022 before he departs for the Warriors.

“Charnze arrived in Canberra in 2019 looking for an opportunity to further his NRL career and took that opportunity with both hands,” Furner said. “He’s been a very good for the club both on and off the field and we wish him all the best for the rest of this season before he returns home to New Zealand to be closer to his family next year.”

Canberra Raiders media release
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Robert the Bruce wrote:We don’t make the 2019 gf without him. He set the standard for effort that made us a contender until the literal second he got injured last year. Don’t think he had much chance to prove himself this year coming back from a very serious injury. Honestly thought the people who didn’t appreciate what he brought to the team and maligned him were a little bitter. Sad day.

Agree entirely.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk