Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2022 Rd 19 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote:
Hong Kong Raider wrote:
Rickmando wrote: July 19, 2022, 5:31 pm Whitehead back - YUCK

What happened to “don’t want to change a winning side” eh Rick? Usual double standards for his favourites.

Blind Freddy could see we were a much better side on Sunday without carrying this absolute passenger
And we actually saved our captain's challenge to right at the end when we needed it - and used it successfully twice ! (once inconclusive with the Meaney knock on)
God that was a ridiculous decision by the bunker. Meaney touched it, it wasn't even close to being inconclusive.
Yep, gutless call.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Whitehead back? What the actual ****?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart turns to rookie winger Albert Hopoate for Warriors clash

The sidelining of two Canberra Raiders wingers has opened the door for rookie Albert Hopoate to earn his starting stripes for the side on Saturday. Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has turned to his first-choice winger Nick Cotric and newcomer Hopoate to fill the void left by Jordan Rapana's suspension and James Schiller's ankle injury for the New Zealand Warriors clash.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seiffert82 wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Hong Kong Raider wrote:

What happened to “don’t want to change a winning side” eh Rick? Usual double standards for his favourites.

Blind Freddy could see we were a much better side on Sunday without carrying this absolute passenger
And we actually saved our captain's challenge to right at the end when we needed it - and used it successfully twice ! (once inconclusive with the Meaney knock on)
God that was a ridiculous decision by the bunker. Meaney touched it, it wasn't even close to being inconclusive.
Yep, gutless call.

I don’t think it was debated that Meaney touched it. I think the issue was Wighton also touched it at about the same time and it wasn’t clear who it went forward off since the angle wasn’t great.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Hong Kong Raider wrote:

Yep, gutless call.

I don’t think it was debated that Meaney touched it. I think the issue was Wighton also touched it at about the same time and it wasn’t clear who it went forward off since the angle wasn’t great.
If it's a simultaneous knock doesn't the feed/advantage go to the attacking side?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think that's the problem, it couldnt be determined who if anyone touched it first, so they stuck with the on field call since there was no evidence sufficent to overturn the decision
Which is how the bunker should work btw.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It wasn’t so much simultaneous as difficult to work out which way it went between them.

I couldn’t tell *shrugs*
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

Hahaha, three pages and not a single positive post, par for the course.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Well when we death ride the team they find a win.

Go back and read the Storm pre game.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I thought Hopoate was pretty good carrying the ball in his cameo last week. Have been reading good things about his stints is NSW Cup. Hope he goes well.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Boomercm wrote: July 19, 2022, 7:21 pm I thought Hopoate was pretty good carrying the ball in his cameo last week. Have been reading good things about his stints is NSW Cup. Hope he goes well.
Yeah he seems to go alright once he pulls his finger out and has a go.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CRaid wrote: July 19, 2022, 7:12 pm Hahaha, three pages and not a single positive post, par for the course.
You could make a positive post, but you chose to make a negative one.

Seriously… if you’re concerned about balance of comments, everyone is welcome to post their view (within forum guidelines of course!)… their positive comments are welcome. Looking forward to hearing yours!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:It wasn’t so much simultaneous as difficult to work out which way it went between them.

I couldn’t tell *shrugs*
And Botman. I guess that is fair enough but in that scenario where the bunker doesn't have a clue maybe replaying that play is a fairer result?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: July 19, 2022, 10:27 pm
gangrenous wrote:It wasn’t so much simultaneous as difficult to work out which way it went between them.

I couldn’t tell *shrugs*
And Botman. I guess that is fair enough but in that scenario where the bunker doesn't have a clue maybe replaying that play is a fairer result?
Nope, that’s not its role. The bunker was introduced to overturn the howlers. They look at decisions sent up (with an on field call) or challenged (with an on field call) and see if there is conclusive evidence that the in field
Ref got it wrong.

Bar the NAS incident, I though the video ref was actually excellent; and the communication was as clear as I can remember it.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Boomercm wrote: July 19, 2022, 7:21 pm I thought Hopoate was pretty good carrying the ball in his cameo last week. Have been reading good things about his stints is NSW Cup. Hope he goes well.
Yep, me too Boomercm. I reckon Johnson will target the new comer with bombs. I'm sure Sticky will be giving him plenty of practice but the back three are generally on their own when the bombs are coming down. Same with his defence. He will not have played too often with the other players on his side of the field. Hopefully it all comes together on the day. I think his strength is his running game. I hope he can see some clear air during the match.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: July 19, 2022, 10:59 pm
Yep, me too Boomercm. I reckon Johnson will target the new comer with bombs. I'm sure Sticky will be giving him plenty of practice but the back three are generally on their own when the bombs are coming down. Same with his defence. He will not have played too often with the other players on his side of the field. Hopefully it all comes together on the day. I think his strength is his running game. I hope he can see some clear air during the match.
I’m a Savage fan but if I were Johnson I know where I’d be targeting my bombs. The lad is still hit and miss under the high ball.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

AUDIO: Corey Harawira-Naera on Canberra Raiders’ clutch win over Melbourne Storm

The Canberra Raiders pulled off the upset of the round over the weekend. Raiders forward Corey Harawira-Naera joined Mark Levy with his reaction to the win.

“I’ve never done it before … it’s good to be on that side of the ledger,” he said.

AUDIO: https://www.2gb.com/corey-harawira-naer ... ver-storm/

Raiders duo Cotric, Whitehead return for Warriors clash: https://canberraweekly.com.au/raiders-d ... ors-clash/
HoraceBigCigar
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Jason Croker

Post by HoraceBigCigar »

greeneyed wrote: July 19, 2022, 10:11 pm
CRaid wrote: July 19, 2022, 7:12 pm Hahaha, three pages and not a single positive post, par for the course.

Seriously… if you’re concerned about balance of comments, everyone is welcome to post their view (within forum guidelines of course!)… their positive comments are welcome. Looking forward to hearing yours!
OK then here we go. It’s great to see the almost team named as the one that beat the Storm with the exception of the necessary changes on the wings. I am positive it’s also a good move to have CHN instead of a dedicated back on the bench. I am also positive that having Monsieur Blanchetête play the full 80 minutes is a questionable decision. I would be happy to have to eat my words on the weekend and would find it a positive experience.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Crash Ball wrote: July 19, 2022, 6:18 pm
julian87 wrote: July 19, 2022, 4:44 pm And there we are. We're down to our last available outside backs in the 22. Fingers crossed Cotric is actually fit because there's only one legal actual back reserve in the squad.
There's not really "illegal" players anymore, they could name anyone from outside the top 30 if they really have to.
Illegal as in they can't play of they're not named in the initial squad at 4pm on a Tuesday.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

The Chuckles Club!
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

julian87 wrote: July 20, 2022, 7:04 am
Crash Ball wrote: July 19, 2022, 6:18 pm
julian87 wrote: July 19, 2022, 4:44 pm And there we are. We're down to our last available outside backs in the 22. Fingers crossed Cotric is actually fit because there's only one legal actual back reserve in the squad.
There's not really "illegal" players anymore, they could name anyone from outside the top 30 if they really have to.
Illegal as in they can't play of they're not named in the initial squad at 4pm on a Tuesday.
Oh, I get what you mean. It is odd they didn’t at least CNK on that extended bench just in case.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

For one of the very few times this season, our halves actually controlled the game reasonably well against Storm. Hope they can back that up and even improve this weekend (famous last words..)

Also, was my 17 year anniversary on this forum on Monday! 17 years!!! Love you fam.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

pacman wrote:For one of the very few times this season, our halves actually controlled the game reasonably well against Storm. Hope they can back that up and even improve this weekend (famous last words..)

Also, was my 17 year anniversary on this forum on Monday! 17 years!!! Love you fam.
good 17yrs Paccy

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

pacman wrote: July 20, 2022, 9:09 am For one of the very few times this season, our halves actually controlled the game reasonably well against Storm. Hope they can back that up and even improve this weekend (famous last words..)

Bravo!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: July 19, 2022, 7:06 pm I think that's the problem, it couldnt be determined who if anyone touched it first, so they stuck with the on field call since there was no evidence sufficent to overturn the decision
Which is how the bunker should work btw.
Yeah, agreed, that's how the bunker SHOULD work... I wish they actually overturned a hell of a lot less stuff when it's inconclusive, the bunker for mine steps in way too much at present on 50/50 calls.

That's always been my biggest gripe with the bunker/video ref.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

greeneyed wrote:

Love how defensive GE gets when the toxicity of this place is called out. Like one positive post isn't just going to get shut down, ridiculed and drowned out amongst all the negativity

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Shame to see Whitehead straight back in but at least CHN made the side. He'll get a chance to make an impact on that dodgy warriors middle.
The key is just ball control. If we aren't good at diffusing kicks they'll just score too many points with repeated sets for us to make up the difference.
Walsh coming on late will be a handful as well.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: James Graham and Renee Gartner preview the Round 19 match between the Canberra Raiders and New Zealand Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/07/20/rai ... -round-19/
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I’ve got us locked for a big lead with everyone popping champagne and declaring us finals contenders.

And then I subsequently have us locked in for a fatal or near fatal fade-out a la the Knights game.

I just haven’t decided if we scrape it into the W column or into the column of 20+ blown games over the last couple seasons.
Up The Milk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:
is that jed stuart with the left knee strapping?

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote: July 20, 2022, 8:02 pm
greeneyed wrote:
is that jed stuart with the left knee strapping?

That’s Josh Allen. Jed Stuart second pic from the bottom, on the left.

Josh is just back from serious knee injury.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Just keep winning boys....The sooks on here hate it 🤣
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raiders666 wrote: July 21, 2022, 9:18 am Just keep winning boys....The sooks on here hate it 🤣
There's nobody on here that hates us winning, that's such a ridiculous statement.

What most of us hate is mediocrity and sitting 10th on the ladder when most of us think we should be a lot higher... but you're obviously happy with that?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

The Nickman wrote: July 21, 2022, 11:29 am
Raiders666 wrote: July 21, 2022, 9:18 am Just keep winning boys....The sooks on here hate it 🤣
There's nobody on here that hates us winning, that's such a ridiculous statement.

What most of us hate is mediocrity and sitting 10th on the ladder when most of us think we should be a lot higher... but you're obviously happy with that?
Read the last Warriors game day thread lol.. Plenty on here saying losing was the best thing for the club
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Losing was the best thing that happened to the broncos recently. Triggered a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and roster. Currently having their best season for years.

Losing was the best thing that happened to the Cowboys and sharks recently. Triggered a change in coaches, both recruited a half to steer the ship, and a complete change from 201x style football structure. Currently having their best seasons for years.

All 3 teams on a significantly better trajectory than the raiders currently are.

I want to make finals every year, and be a genuine threat. That sadly doesn’t look like happening any time soon.

Every one of those teams I listed were successful recently, arguably stuck with a coach/roster/playing style too long and performance suffered requiring a reset.