Warriors 13+
No votes

Total votes: 9

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 19 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by GreenMachine »

I’d say the biggest obstacle to making the 8 from here will be Ricky’s ego.

Literally every player he ordains as captain has crashed and flamed out performance wise…

Hopefully he can see and smell the flames with Whitehead early enough to allow our youngsters to play some finals football this season….and I’d happily rate that as a pass mark for the season given how we started and how we’ve managed to blood a lot of new players..

One can only hope.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

GreenMachine wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:12 pm I’d say the biggest obstacle to making the 8 from here will be Ricky’s ego.

Literally every player he ordains as captain has crashed and flamed out performance wise…

Hopefully he can see and smell the flames with Whitehead early enough to allow our youngsters to play some finals football this season….and I’d happily rate that as a pass mark for the season given how we started and how we’ve managed to blood a lot of new players..

One can only hope.
Narrator: but alas, Ricky did not smell the flames.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders claim memorable comeback win over Warriors

It was the definition of a game of two halves on Saturday afternoon.The Raiders turned around their rusty, error-riddled first-half effort to mount a sensational comeback, scoring four unanswered tries to defeat the New Zealand Warriors 26-14 at Canberra Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The Warriors had the perfect start, testing the Canberra defence early and scoring two tries in the first seven minutes, the home side failing to touch the ball until the 10-minute mark.

Canberra Raiders 26 (Albert Hopoate, Sebastian Kris, 2 Corey Harawira-Naera tries; Jamal Fogarty 5 goals) bt New Zealand Warriors 14 (Jack Murchie, Daejarn Asi tries; Shaun Johnson 3 goals).

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart left limping, Albert Hopoate's super starting debut

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart left Canberra Stadium on Saturday afternoon hobbling after a jumping celebration on the sideline following his side's 26-14 victory over the New Zealand Warriors.

"It was first game I've coached where I pulled up sorer than the players," Stuart said with a smile in his post-match press conference. The excitement got me. It was when Corey went over for his try and I went down and tore a calf."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

MATCH REPORT: Wighton inspires Raiders to stunning comeback against Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/07/23/wig ... -warriors/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders fight back to secure crucial victory against Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/07 ... -warriors/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/07/23/mat ... -warriors/

‘Here come the Raiders’: Ricky’s men overcome 14-point deficit to dominate Warriors: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5488495ea5

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... d-19-2022/

Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-19/

Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-19/

GALLERY: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/2 ... =775738567

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/07 ... -warriors/
Last edited by The Greenhouse on July 23, 2022, 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Sounds like the Raiders had a well drilled meticulous win, top 4 stuff.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

GreenMachine wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:12 pm I’d say the biggest obstacle to making the 8 from here will be Ricky’s ego.

One can only hope.
That's the problem isn't it? It's not easy to drop the captain...Especially with a young team lacking leadership. It doesn't always bode so well for team morale.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Raiders666 wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:21 pm

One can only hope.
That's the problem isn't it? It's not easy to drop the captain...Especially with a young team lacking leadership. It doesn't always bode so well for team morale.
I’ll tell you what is worse for team morale….seeing a clearly under performing player selected over a player who is clearly out performing and playing well for the team…

It makes a joke out of the motto that players are selected on merit..
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Tapine has to be Captain asap
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raiders666 wrote:Tapine has to be Captain asap
Probably better to choose someone who will be here next year

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

One can only hope.
Fair old obstacle!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:32 pm

Are we releasing him?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

If he resigns, he should be captain straight away. But agree, you don’t make him captain where he may not be with us long term.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Is there any reason other then self pity why we think Tapine will leave?
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

Botman wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:37 pm Is there any reason other then self pity why we think Tapine will leave?
We’re not allowed nice things as raiders fans 😂 but no
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Raiders666 wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:30 pm Tapine has to be Captain asap
100%
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Don't be so dramatic
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Botman wrote:Is there any reason other then self pity why we think Tapine will leave?
Nope, just that odd sense you get when these things drag on

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Not sure if its mentioned but we won when Whitehead came off
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

T_R wrote:
Botman wrote:Is there any reason other then self pity why we think Tapine will leave?

Ricky has stated that Taps wife is now happy, so why would he leave?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Postman Pat wrote:
T_R wrote:

Well, I guess he won't.

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

T_R wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:
T_R wrote:

Well, I guess he won't.

Happy wife, happy life.

Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Green Machine 2011 wrote:

If he resigns, he should be captain straight away. But agree, you don’t make him captain where he may not be with us long term.
Can’t make him captain if he resigns. He’ll need to re-sign
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Well hard start because we couldn't diffuse a damn kick to save our lives but that half time speech really calmed us down. Halves really took control. Hoppa had a great game too.
CHN just made things happen with extra effort.
Austezer84
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by Austezer84 »

Absolutely agree, CHN changed the right side. Jack and Jam were great in second half, Taps should be Captain. Huge win, it's same score as R19 2020 when Chris Sutton was also ref!
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Raiders666 wrote: July 23, 2022, 5:21 pm

One can only hope.
Give the “C” to Tapine now!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Austezer84 wrote: July 23, 2022, 6:33 pm Absolutely agree, CHN changed the right side. Jack and Jam were great in second half, Taps should be Captain. Huge win, it's same score as R19 2020 when Chris Sutton was also ref!
It cannot be overstated how much having a genuine strike player, who can run lines that draw in and freeze defenders helps the shape, structure and spacing of an attacking edge

His play allows men outside him more room, he naturally straights the attack himself or allows the fullback and centres time and space to straighten up and attack holes. Which is how you can create overlaps and easy opportunities
Not to mention his second phase game

Yes his defence isn’t always top notch, there are games he doesn’t do enough hard hit up work and yes he’s prone to a silly error or penalty.

But unquestionably he should be out starting edge forward and in my mind what he gives us is something we simply cannot afford to turn our backs on. We’re not good enough in the halves and we’re not creative enough across the field to be sitting one of our best strike players
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Injury list. Stuart torn calf
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

And that's all we have for our game day coverage! Thanks for following!
Last edited by The Greenhouse on July 23, 2022, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm going to have to rewatch that game. I just cannot understand or believe the difference between the first and second half. How can our best and worst be so far apart?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: July 23, 2022, 7:24 pm I'm going to have to rewatch that game. I just cannot understand or believe the difference between the first and second half. How can our best and worst be so far apart?
It's absolutely WILD
And this is where we do have to give Stuart some credit
That team was a total and utter mess when it walked in that dressing room, he'd have had every right to strip paint off the walls, but all reports are he was super calm and the team responded and came out and played a very calm and composed second 40 and not only won the game but did it fairly easily in the end

We've got to be fair and give the man his dues when they're deserved.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Botman wrote: July 23, 2022, 6:42 pm
Austezer84 wrote: July 23, 2022, 6:33 pm Absolutely agree, CHN changed the right side. Jack and Jam were great in second half, Taps should be Captain. Huge win, it's same score as R19 2020 when Chris Sutton was also ref!
It cannot be overstated how much having a genuine strike player, who can run lines that draw in and freeze defenders helps the shape, structure and spacing of an attacking edge

His play allows men outside him more room, he naturally straights the attack himself or allows the fullback and centres time and space to straighten up and attack holes. Which is how you can create overlaps and easy opportunities

Yes his defence isn’t always top notch, there are games he doesn’t do enough hard hit up work and yes he’s prone to a silly error or penalty.

But unquestionably he should be out starting edge forward and in my mind what he gives us is something we simply cannot afford to turn our backs on. We’re not good enough in the halves and we’re not creative enough across the field to be sitting one of our best strike players
Let’s not sugar coat it, his defence is appalling, the bench is the best spot for him because he can come on when the hard stuff has been done and as we saw today, dominate. Just being able to run some good lines isn’t enough to earn yourself a starting spot.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Riaan wrote: July 23, 2022, 7:41 pm
Botman wrote: July 23, 2022, 6:42 pm

Let’s not sugar coat it, his defence is appalling, the bench is the best spot for him because he can come on when the hard stuff has been done and as we saw today, dominate. Just being able to run some good lines isn’t enough to earn yourself a starting spot.
When the alternative is Elliott Whitehead, it is enough.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

CHN is never going to be a great defender but is a much better defender than EW. Right now, CHN would be a substancial upgrade on both sides of the footy as a starting second rower. Anyone who thinks otherwise... i got nothing for you, you and i can not talk football. We see it too differently.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Botman wrote: July 23, 2022, 7:27 pm
gergreg wrote: July 23, 2022, 7:24 pm I'm going to have to rewatch that game. I just cannot understand or believe the difference between the first and second half. How can our best and worst be so far apart?
It's absolutely WILD
That team was a total and utter mess when it walked in that dressing room, he'd have had every right to strip paint off the walls, but all reports are he was super calm and the team responded and came out and played a very calm and composed second 40 and not only won the game but did it fairly easily in the end

Absolutely stoked to be able to give him credit.

Even in frustrating seasons we have had good wins (or good halves).

The man really needs to get us to the finals for mine though, as our run home is pretty soft. That’s when I will feel more comfortable giving unqualified credit.
Up The Milk
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Botman wrote: July 23, 2022, 7:27 pm
It's absolutely WILD

Yeah I agree, it’s the steadying of the ship that needed to happen, having said that, if he picks Smelly as a starting edge and captain next week, fire him into the Sun!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It was a battle of the cellar dwellers, credit where its due, kudos on orchestrating a half of football, that would de bunk any of the other cellar dwellers, fantastic game changing stuff here.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.