Panthers 13+
17%

Total votes: 12

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

Jaeman Salmon’s family hit back at Ricky Stuart over feud claims

Jaeman Salmon’s family have claimed they have had no contact with Ricky Stuart in over a decade.

“We were disappointed by the comments of Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart after what was a fantastic game of football for the Panthers and our son, Jaeman,” the family said in a statement.

“We were surprised by Ricky’s claim that he knows Jaeman personally as they have had no contact since Jae was 12-years old. We are calling on the NRL to take action as we believe Jaeman has been wronged in this situation. We will follow the correct procedures and let the NRL complete a thorough investigation.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 85fb813ca2
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote:
pickles wrote:So why does salmon get a fine for kicking Starling twice when Rapana got suspended for a week? These are very similar incidents so why the difference in penalty?
Forgetting Ricky’s ridiculous outburst for a minute. How the hell does Salmon only get a fine for clear as day kicks to the groin and face. He only kicked out in the incident because he was hit in an excellent tackle. There was absolutely no excuse to kick out in his position.

Other players have had suspensions for kicks when the player hit was behind the kicker and near their feet.

Seems clear the MRC took Ricky’s stupidity as a reason to soften what should have been a strong charge.
I have no doubt that's what happened in this instance.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I think the club and Stuart should be proactive and stand him down for a week or two. He crossed a line that no coach has previously crossed (from my memory). Whether Salmon and his family are grubs is irrelevant... Stuart's inability to hold those comments back in a press conference showed an acute lack of judgement and/or loss of emotional control (even for him).

For all concerned, I think that would be the best way for him to lead the club. A good message to the players about consequences for brain explosions.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Boomercm wrote: August 7, 2022, 5:38 pm I think the club and Stuart should be proactive and stand him down for a week or two. He crossed a line that no coach has previously crossed (from my memory). Whether Salmon and his family are grubs is irrelevant... Stuart's inability to hold those comments back in a press conference showed an acute lack of judgement and/or loss of emotional control (even for him).

For all concerned, I think that would be the best way for him to lead the club. A good message to the players about consequences for brain explosions.
But he’s said he’s sorry!

And he will keep saying he’s sorry for the next few days if that’s what it takes, as long as it distracts people from questioning his garbage coaching methods.

The club will not deliver anything more than a slap on the wrist, remember the mantra “Rick is the Raiders”…
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

greeneyed wrote:Jaeman Salmon’s family hit back at Ricky Stuart over feud claims

Jaeman Salmon’s family have claimed they have had no contact with Ricky Stuart in over a decade.

“We were disappointed by the comments of Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart after what was a fantastic game of football for the Panthers and our son, Jaeman,” the family said in a statement.

“We were surprised by Ricky’s claim that he knows Jaeman personally as they have had no contact since Jae was 12-years old. We are calling on the NRL to take action as we believe Jaeman has been wronged in this situation. We will follow the correct procedures and let the NRL complete a thorough investigation.”

lmao, of course his manager is sam ayoub

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 5:59 pm
greeneyed wrote:Jaeman Salmon’s family hit back at Ricky Stuart over feud claims

We have our 50-something club figurehead and leader of men behaving like a petulant 10-year old, who with yesterday’s outburst solidified himself as Australian sport’s sorest loser…. And you’re concerned with who Salmon’s manager is?

Sheesh talk about focusing on the wrong details. GTFOOH
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Rickmando wrote:

We have our 50-something club figurehead and leader of men behaving like a petulant 10-year old, who with yesterday’s outburst solidified himself as Australian sport’s sorest loser…. And you’re concerned with who Salmon’s manager is?

Clutch those pearls a little harder there champ. Sam Ayoub is a **** that was literally arrested for match fixing.

Isn't it amusing how those most "outraged" are the same ones that have been calling for Ricky's sacking the whole season. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though.

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 7, 2022, 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

It would not surprise me in the slightest if indeed Ricky has had nothing to do with Salmon since he was 12. Ricky is a deadset **** and poor representative of the club
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Raider Azz wrote:
Rickmando wrote:

Clutch those pearls a little harder

Isn't it amusing how those most "outraged" are the same ones that have been calling for Ricky's sacking the whole season

Yeah because he’s a **** coach and terrible for the club’s image
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Toviii wrote: August 7, 2022, 6:19 pm It would not surprise me in the slightest if indeed Ricky has had nothing to do with Salmon since he was 12. Ricky is a deadset **** and poor representative of the club
I dont think that's even in question. Stuart himself has said it was history, it's been leaked out that it related to matter that occurred when Salmon and his son were playing junior footy.
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Botman wrote:
Toviii wrote: August 7, 2022, 6:19 pm It would not surprise me in the slightest if indeed Ricky has had nothing to do with Salmon since he was 12. Ricky is a deadset **** and poor representative of the club
I dont think that's even in question. Stuart himself has said it was history, it's been leaked out that it related to matter that occurred when Salmon and his son were playing junior footy.
That’s bizarre if that’s all there was to it to provoke such an unhinged reaction from Ricky
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Toviii wrote:
Botman wrote:
That’s bizarre if that’s all there was to it to provoke such an unhinged reaction from Ricky
Yeah I'm sure you've never said something when you were upset that you later regretted. "Unhinged" lmao calm the **** down.

The reactions from some about this are over the top and ridiculous. But like i said, it's probably no coincidence those are the same that have wanted him sacked for a while.

The unprofessionalism of making comments like that in a press conference was the issue to me and he's apologised for that already. He might also end up with a fine or punishment from the NRL over the unprofessionalism, and if he does fair enough and I'm sure he'll accept it.

At the end of the day he’s allowed to think Jaeman’s a **** as much as he wants. And we don’t know the full history between Jaeman and Ricky’s son, just from what we've read and heard in the rumor mill so far. So passing judgements on whether Ricky's allowed to still hold a grudge or not is irrelevant and honestly none of your **** business. You aren't involved in their history and you don't know the full story.

CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

I dont often visit this site anymore since recently joining but have noticed that some members have racked up some big numbers, one posting an average of 11 posts a day !! I suppose if you’ve got an opinion you may as well tell others who have an opinion, never know you might make friends, maybe mate with each other and have a family hahaha

@Raider Azz - I think you’ve summed up the situation well - there’s obviously some history here and Stuart took the opportunity. Not supporting the forum he chose however you’d think some posters have camped outside the Stuart household wearing KK masks.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 7, 2022, 1:53 pm I'm not sure what the tiers are, but the table suggests we're somewhere in the middle and Penrith are significantly better than everyone else. A bit like Melbourne were at their peak. Many teams in the middle of the pack are extremely hot and cold.

Which is what my eyes tell me when I watch the games.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
I think you've got Penrith and a full strength Melbourne as a clear cut tier 1, Cowboys are really the only team knocking on the door.

The rest of the 8 is then pretty easily a tier above the rest IMO. Manly with Turbo would sneak in here too, Brisbane are at risk of dropping down as they've overperformed and will go out in week 1. These teams have the point scoring ability to beat those top teams at full strength, but things need to go their way.

Then us, the Drags and Dogs are tier 3. We can beat the teams below us regularly but there's a major gulf in class between them and the teams above them.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 6:46 pm At the end of the day he’s allowed to think Jaeman’s a **** as much as he wants. And we don’t know the full history between Jaeman and Ricky’s son, just from what we've read and heard in the rumor mill so far. So passing judgements on whether Ricky's allowed to still hold a grudge or not is irrelevant and honestly none of your **** business. You aren't involved in their history and you don't know the full story.
This is hilarious. No matter what the circumstances, what kind of emotionally crippled 50 year old could possibly hold a decade long grudge against a little kid???

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 6:46 pm At the end of the day he’s allowed to think Jaeman’s a **** as much as he wants. And we don’t know the full history between Jaeman and Ricky’s son, just from what we've read and heard in the rumor mill so far. So passing judgements on whether Ricky's allowed to still hold a grudge or not is irrelevant and honestly none of your **** business. You aren't involved in their history and you don't know the full story.
This is hilarious. No matter what the circumstances, what kind of emotionally crippled 50 year old could possibly hold a decade long grudge against a little kid???
The point I'm making is it's not really your place to make that kind of judgement either way as you don't have a **** clue why Ricky feels the way he does. And honestly you being quick to judge the situation without having the full story nor having a personal involvement in the situation says more about you than it does about him

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 7, 2022, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Post by myanonymoususername »

T_R wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:20 pm
You'd be surprised. Apparently there were people who wouldn't go to our 25 year school reunion if certain other people were going to be there. Never be surprised at how stupid and petty people can be.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

myanonymoususername wrote:
You'd be surprised. Apparently there were people who wouldn't go to our 25 year school reunion if certain other people were going to be there. Never be surprised at how stupid and petty people can be.
Considering the bullying that goes on in schools, and the social and emotional impact that bullying puts on a child that can affect them for the rest of their life i find this comment particularly disgusting

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart faces unprecedented punishment for Jaeman Salmon slur

An incensed NRL will take severe action against Ricky Stuart which could include the unprecedented step of suspending the Canberra coach. A match suspension, and undertaking educational programs, is now a possibility. The NRL is taking the matter seriously with Stuart possibly confronting a two-game suspension. He could also be banned from attending post-game media conferences for the rest of this season.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 906dd0f42a

I suspect Ricky would be quite happy to not attend post match press conferences.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol: Banning him from post game pressers is christmas come early for Stuart.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote:Image Banning him from post game pressers is christmas come early for Stuart.
Image that's a reward, not a punishment. You can tell by the look on his face in those things how painful it is for him to sit there and he wouldn't go if he had a choice, hell none of the coaches would if they didn't have to

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Good - glad the NRL are taking it seriously, be very interested to see if the club seeks to uphold any sort of standard of its own. I’m doubtful- we’ve a very low bar.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:27 pm
T_R wrote:
The point I'm making is it's not really your place to make that kind of judgement either way as you don't have a **** clue why Ricky feels the way he does. And honestly you being quick to judge the situation without having the full story nor having a personal involvement in the situation says more about you than it does about him

And some would say that carrying on like an absurd fanboy and scrambling around trying to find reasons to forgive the behaviour of the team coach would say more about you than it does me. I mean, I wouldn't say that - live and let live, that's me, but some would.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It's Fanboi TR.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:31 pm
Considering the bullying that goes on in schools, and the social and emotional impact that bullying puts on a child that can affect them for the rest of their life i find this comment particularly disgusting

As such an admirably strong advocate against bullying, what punishment would you impose on a 50 year old former national coach and, apparently, icon of the game, who used the pulpit of a televised press conference to humiliate a 20 something kid?

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Question wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:48 pm It's Fanboi TR.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
I was going with that, but...dunno, it felt weird.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

myanonymoususername wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:28 pm
Oh, I get that. But there's a huge difference between a couple of teenagers holding an extended antipathy between them and a grown man carrying a decade long grudge (and carrying it seriously enough to launch that kind of petulant display) against a pre-adolescent child.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Boomercm wrote: August 7, 2022, 5:38 pm I think the club and Stuart should be proactive and stand him down for a week or two. He crossed a line that no coach has previously crossed (from my memory). Whether Salmon and his family are grubs is irrelevant... Stuart's inability to hold those comments back in a press conference showed an acute lack of judgement and/or loss of emotional control (even for him).

Can we be even more proactive and stand him down forever?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

T_R wrote:

As such an admirably strong advocate against bullying, what punishment would you impose on a 50 year old former national coach and, apparently, icon of the game, who used the pulpit of a televised press conference to humiliate a 20 something kid?
I've made my views on that pretty clear, can you read?

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:27 pm
T_R wrote:

And some would say that carrying on like an absurd fanboy and scrambling around trying to find reasons to forgive the behaviour of the team coach would say more about you than it does me. I mean, I wouldn't say that - live and let live, that's me, but some would.
Please point out where i excused or forgave the comments made. Unlike posters in here who have an axe to grind and an agenda to push regarding the coach, i am refraining from judgement as i don't know why stuart feels the way he feels. I already pointed out him making those comments in a public press conference was unprofessional and inappropriate. But sure, continue to put words in my mouth.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:58 pm
T_R wrote:

Yes, but I have to sound out the big words. Please stop bullying me.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

In the past 24 hours I didn't think it possible that anybody would step in and defend Ricky's comments? Surely even the most die-hard Ricky supporter would accept that he shouldn't have said what he said, hang their head in shame and just keep quiet until this passes over in a few weeks. But no. Apparently not.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

gergreg wrote:In the past 24 hours I didn't think it possible that anybody would step in and defend Ricky's comments? Surely even the most die-hard Ricky supporter would accept that he shouldn't have said what he said, hang their head in shame and just keep quiet until this passes over in a few weeks. But no. Apparently not.

You wanna point out the posts that are defending his comments? Because there are literally none

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:58 pm
T_R wrote:

Yes, but I have to sound out the big words. Please stop bullying me.
Ah, can't address the points so now making light of bullying. Pretty pathetic, even from you.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gergreg wrote:In the past 24 hours I didn't think it possible that anybody would step in and defend Ricky's comments? Surely even the most die-hard Ricky supporter would accept that he shouldn't have said what he said, hang their head in shame and just keep quiet until this passes over in a few weeks. But no. Apparently not.

Just wait till Brew pops out from the Corporate box, expecting a 2nd defender
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021