45%

Total votes: 11

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Canberra Milk »

Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:54 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:53 pm On replay I think Brandy's right, it was a penalty due to CHN's last little shove. All the sweeter though
Actually if I can have a THIRD go at it 😂... I think the final whistle/siren might have gone by the time the final shove happened, making it redundant therefore not a penalty. Hard to tell on replay
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Riaan wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:52 pm Gee I think Savage gives away about two 40/20s a game. His positioning at the back is non existent.
I dont even think we've surrendered 2 40/20's a game
We probably average less than 0.5 per game.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

He got tackled with 2 seconds on the clock. An average tackle goes for 3-4 seconds. There is no way in a normal tackle he plays that before full-time.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Canberra Milk wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:54 pm
Riaan wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:52 pm Gee I think Savage gives away about two 40/20s a game. His positioning at the back is non existent.
Least of our concerns
Hunt is one of the best 40/20 exponents. Got one in the 3rd SOO when Teddy was the fullback.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:45 pm Whew! But really silly holding that long on that last tackle.
Reckon you can put that one in the back pocket as call that went our way :D
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

gangrenous wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:53 pm Commentators discussing whether either team could challenge at the death there. Important questions to answer because it’s very unclear what the rule is.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Oh god, I just about died coughing and laughing. The Fox idiots going off their brains about how it was a penalty, maybe a sin bin, just like the other game, calling for the replay...and then the replay comes up and shows the other game was ten times worse than what just happened and they all get quiet for a moment as they realise they screwed up.

Jerkfaces.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:Commentators discussing whether either team could challenge at the death there. Important questions to answer because it’s very unclear what the rule is.
I couldn't work out whether it was a short or long whistle at the end there Image but there seemed to be some discussion and my poor lip-reading ... I thought Gee was talking about Dragons not having a challenge...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

What do you mean? It is pretty clear cut. Dragons could have challenged but they blew theirs on the kickoff dead challenge. If it was a penalty against raiders they could have challenged.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote:
gangrenous wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:45 pm Whew! But really silly holding that long on that last tackle.
Nah, there’s no such thing

We won’t be counting that one
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

raiderskater wrote:Oh god, I just about died coughing and laughing. The Fox idiots going off their brains about how it was a penalty, maybe a sin bin, just like the other game, calling for the replay...and then the replay comes up and shows the other game was ten times worse than what just happened and they all get quiet for a moment as they realise they screwed up.

Jerkfaces.
Yeah how good. There was three infringements in the previous game to this one that was less obvious
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The full time siren had gone, the time piece was up and and the ref called time all before CHNs push.

Still stoooooopid though from CHN.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman wrote:
It’s a 50/50 went our way. Given the time and there wasn’t a lot in it, I don’t agree agree with the commentary that it was a definite penalty.

But it was poor tactics in the circumstance to push the envelope there. Risk/reward trade off just not there. Coach some scenarios and drill the players properly!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: Love you Gangers! Never change, old friend

I'll be curious to see what Annsley says about it though!
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

A real concern was how anti-clutch our 7 and 9 were in the dying stages of both halves. Absolutely need to be well-drilled with field goal set-up in the finals
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

We have a sucky spine.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

When will NRL teams become professional. I know I keep banging on about this but we again had the ball 36 seconds to go 25 out from their goal line. Run the ball back into our in goal and walk off winners. Inside 30 seconds to go that is the game.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I'm Battered Savs biggest critic but he was great today I thought...Not perfect but very good
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Mediocrity thy name is Canberra Raiders.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:25 pm Ben Hunt is such a good player, if only we had him at the Raiders Stuart would coach all the natural brilliance completely out of him.
Can we ask him if he would mind living further south among the shores of Lake Burley Griffin? Would be a great signing
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

1. If wighton had half a brain he would be an immortal
2. Fogarty is really quite average and would love to see Schneider develop into our long term half, or buy a gun rookie etc
3. Savage is our long term fullback and one of our only sparks in attack, timoko also exciting
4. Hoppa besides the first error I thought was quite good, drifting across field and drawing and passing, our spine could learn a thing or two from that
5. Starling kills our attack in the red zone, it’s really hard to find a spot for him, maybe a quick 20 minute stint somewhere in the game when needed then bringing woolford back on.
6. We really have no direction at all in attack, literally our only set play is the wighton run around Hudson, which is almost comical it’s all a professional footy team can pull off
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Up 24 to 12 and having all the momentum and a full attacking set in the 20. Dragons heads have completely dropped. We run five one out hitups, throwing absolutely nothing at them. Then give away a stupid penalty. Sums up the game, the season and the team at the moment.

It's too depressing to fully pick apart. We can say its a win but there's massive issues there.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

kona_dream wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:07 pm When will NRL teams become professional. I know I keep banging on about this but we again had the ball 36 seconds to go 25 out from their goal line. Run the ball back into our in goal and walk off winners. Inside 30 seconds to go that is the game.
Also known as the Sam Walker
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

We got the two competition points we were after. It was done without our best player this year Taps being able to play and a coach watching from his lounge room. I'll take the two competition points every time. We are still a mathematical chance for the 8 and I hope the young Raiders can continue to do enough to win. Savage's grubber for the Hoppa try was good. Timoko made some nice breaks. Rapa caught some high bombs well.

Whoever decided a short kick off was the correct play when we are leading by 6 points needs a stern talking too in a small room with Brett White. Kick deep and defend hard by driving them back in tackles was the play. Instead we gifted them 30 metres and allowed them field position. Anyway we are alive in the 2022 competition for another week.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders hang on against fast-finishing St George Illawarra Dragons to keep finals hopes alive

Even without suspended coach Ricky Stuart it was the same old Canberra Raiders, as they refused to win comfortably and their do-or-die clash against St George Illawarra went down to the wire. Thankfully, they held on to win 24-22 at a wet Canberra Stadium on Sunday after getting out to a 24-12 lead.

The Raiders do have a couple of concerns with hooker Tom Starling coming off in the final few minutes holding his arm, while co-captain Elliott Whitehead was put on report for a dangerous tackle on Blake Lawrie.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 24 (Hudson Young, Jordan Rapana, Ryan Sutton, Albert Hopoate tries; Jamal Fogarty 3 goals) bt ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 22 (Talatau Amone 3, Tautau Moga tries; Zac Lomax 3 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referee: Adam Gee. Crowd: 11,216

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Canberra Raiders wait on bizarre Elliott Whitehead 'hip-drop' citing

Skipper Elliott Whitehead was put on report for a tackle on Dragons forward Blake Lawrie, but there was some confusion around what exactly he may be charged with by the NRL match review committee.

"I didn't think I did anything wrong," Elliott Whitehead said in the post-game press conference. "I think Jamal [Fogarty] pushed [Lawrie] back over Elliott, so I don't think there's any issue there," added Canberra assistant coach Brett White.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

'This week doesn't define Ricky': Canberra Raiders assistant coach Brett White: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORTS: Raiders survive wild finish to beat Dragons: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/14/rai ... t-dragons/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders hold off Dragons comeback: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... pes-alive/

Raiders keep season alive with thrilling win over the Dragons in stunning finish: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e65975f86c

‘Penalty at the very least’: Raiders handed win in controversy ‘almost identical’ to Rd 16: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 2fdd14ec5a

‘Looked unusual’: Raiders skipper pinged for ‘awkward’ tackle that left Dragon ‘filthy’: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 174a0eaeda

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Dragons: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/14/mat ... v-dragons/

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Dragons: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -22-20223/

Raiders' Brett White: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-22/

Dragons' Anthony Griffin: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-22/

GALLERY: Raiders v Dragons: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/2 ... =775738594

Last edited by The Greenhouse on August 14, 2022, 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Starling-Elliott combo was really starting to piss me off in that game.

How many times did Elliott find the ball in his hands either side of halftime when our halves should have been taking control of that game.

Then at the end of the game it was our halves butchering our field position with conceding stupid 7 tackle sets.

All this stuff should be able to be coached out of the team.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:We have a sucky spine.
Agreed, such a poorly coached pack of clowns.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:22 pm
dubby wrote:We have a sucky spine.
Agreed, such a poorly coached pack of clowns.
Did they go to clown college?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:14 pm
kona_dream wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:07 pm When will NRL teams become professional. I know I keep banging on about this but we again had the ball 36 seconds to go 25 out from their goal line. Run the ball back into our in goal and walk off winners. Inside 30 seconds to go that is the game.
Except he just ran it back and over the sideline. I don’t think I will ever understand the back lash on doing this. We have players that lie down, weird dangerous tackles to gain the upper hand on play the balls. Yet you can easily win a game yet they simply don’t do it.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:14 pm
Except he just ran it back and over the sideline. I don’t think I will ever understand the back lash on doing this. We have players that lie down, weird dangerous tackles to gain the upper hand on play the balls. Yet you can easily win a game yet they simply don’t do it.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

Wighton got absolutely schooled by his opposing much younger number, Amone.

That was a tough one to watch, but unfortunately that seems to be the norm this season.

Maybe ricky will notice our poor decision making a bit better from the couch and do something about it? Probably not.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

gergreg wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:10 pm Up 24 to 12 and having all the momentum and a full attacking set in the 20. Dragons heads have completely dropped. We run five one out hitups, throwing absolutely nothing at them. Then give away a stupid penalty. Sums up the game, the season and the team at the moment.

It's too depressing to fully pick apart. We can say its a win but there's massive issues there.

Yep this was the moment for me too.

Literally every time we have an opportunity to differentiate ourselves from plodding sides we just absolutely refuse to do so.

Sometimes they outplod us and we get away with the narrow victory (Knights, Dragons today).

Sometimes we outplod them (Warriors away, Dragons a few weeks back).

There is just no football IQ, no killer instinct, nothing. We just bumble along and hope that the other side is worse on the day.
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Toviii wrote: August 14, 2022, 3:53 pm
Riaan wrote:Gee I think Savage gives away about two 40/20s a game. His positioning at the back is non existent.
It doesn’t make sense because he stands so deep as well.

Still he is a massive difference maker in our red zone attack.
Is he slow? :roflmao
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

There were countless stupid plays. But the set down their end when up by 6 with about 7 to go is possibly the worst halfback play I have ever seen. There were 5 gimme opportunities to kick a field goal. Nope, order 5 hit ups and then bomb to the in goal to give them a 20 tap.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

There were countless stupid plays. But the set down their end when up by 6 with about 7 to go is possibly the worst halfback play I have ever seen. There were 5 gimme opportunities to kick a field goal. Nope, order 5 hit ups and then bomb to the in goal to give them a 20 tap.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.