Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Wait, TheGH is on Pinterest?!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 10, 2022, 9:13 pm Wait, TheGH is on Pinterest?!
And Tinder.
They're multi-platform!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
And Tinder.
They're multi-platform!
I’ll be swiping right on that.

TikTok though, I’ll sign up if we see The General doing dance clips
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: August 10, 2022, 9:14 pm
And Tinder.
They're multi-platform!
And Grindr. The GH doesnt discriminate
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I’m busy looking for GE on onlyfans…

I’ll let you know how I go.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dont forget to add TheGH on MySpace too!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:
zim wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 10, 2022, 1:09 pm I know of quite a few hardcore Raiders fans who are well aware of this forum but refuse to post because of the way certain people behave.

I'm also aware of a number of really good contributors who have basically been driven away because of the way they have been treated by a few people in particular.

It's the curse of every forum. This place would be a complete zoo if it wasn't moderated.

I've certainly had my run-ins at times. Thankfully you can block people if it starts getting too personal and boring, but from the outside looking in I'm very well aware that all of that crap is a complete turnoff.
The ignore function is great. I used to read everything but once you've read the same locked in opinion 30 times and seen it turn up in unrelated posts it's much better just turning it off. Just turning 2 off made a big difference.
This is true. The hijacking of every thread imaginable to say the same thing over and over again is a real killer.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Oh here we go... will you leave poor Xavier alone!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
To be fair, I think Javier rightfully deserves significantly more criticism.

I mean, faking an injury to avoid that car crash of a performance on the weekend. C'mon Sav, nobody's buying it.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raider Azz wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Ivan Cleary backs ‘fair’ Ricky Stuart ban, reveals how Panthers player Jaeman Salmon handled ‘weak-gutted dog’ slur

Penrith coach Ivan Cleary threw his support behind the one-week suspension for Canberra Raiders mentor Ricky Stuart after his post-match verbal attack on Panther Jaeman Salmon, declaring the NRL handled the situation “pretty well”.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a83ed68e78
Oh good, it was killing me to know what Ivan Cleary had to say. Image

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
I liked him much more when he was being sacked by the Tigers.

Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 10, 2022, 9:44 pm
gergreg wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:
zim wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 10, 2022, 1:09 pm I know of quite a few hardcore Raiders fans who are well aware of this forum but refuse to post because of the way certain people behave.

I'm also aware of a number of really good contributors who have basically been driven away because of the way they have been treated by a few people in particular.

It's the curse of every forum. This place would be a complete zoo if it wasn't moderated.

I've certainly had my run-ins at times. Thankfully you can block people if it starts getting too personal and boring, but from the outside looking in I'm very well aware that all of that crap is a complete turnoff.
The ignore function is great. I used to read everything but once you've read the same locked in opinion 30 times and seen it turn up in unrelated posts it's much better just turning it off. Just turning 2 off made a big difference.
This is true. The hijacking of every thread imaginable to say the same thing over and over again is a real killer.

Oh here we go... will you leave poor Xavier alone!

To be fair, I think Javier rightfully deserves significantly more criticism.

I mean, faking an injury to avoid that car crash of a performance on the weekend. C'mon Sav, nobody's buying it.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Botman wrote:Dont forget to add TheGH on MySpace too!
I vote we up-platform to Duam, Mixi and WeChat, and make the Superleague era dream of taking the game to Asia a reality at last.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

https://www.pinterest.com.au/theghraiders

We have 3,000 followers on Pinterest.

@theghraiders on TikTok
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: August 10, 2022, 9:48 pm
Botman wrote:Dont forget to add TheGH on MySpace too!
I vote we up-platform to Duam, Mixi and WeChat, and make the Superleague era dream of taking the game to Asia a reality at last.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Also make sure to add TheGH as a friend on LinkedIn for great career opportunities
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Please avoid the Pinterest page, folks… It’s just pictures of GE’s cats.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

The Nickman wrote: August 10, 2022, 9:51 pm Please avoid the Pinterest page, folks… It’s just pictures of GE’s cats.
Reptar has to keep deleting his history in case Frank finds out he’s been ogling other pussies
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

So there is our answer to the 2nd halfs fade outs then,throwing matches to upset supporters like me...well it worked i can tell you :rant :roflmao
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Nickman wrote:Please avoid the Pinterest page, folks… It’s just pictures of GE’s cats.
But serious. What content is on there and tik tok? No GE I'm not registering on those platforms. They're just another passing fad like twitter or instagram.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 10, 2022, 10:10 pm
The Nickman wrote:Please avoid the Pinterest page, folks… It’s just pictures of GE’s cats.
But serious. What content is on there and tik tok? No GE I'm not registering on those platforms. They're just another passing fad like twitter or instagram.

You can see the Pinterest site without registering: https://www.pinterest.com.au/theghraiders/

TikTok at present is mostly warm ups and teams running out.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

gergreg wrote:

Selfishly, Pinterest has been a great way to get Fui’s Brewies recipes and BBQ inspiration. I’ve only been using it for that, didn’t realise we had a presence on there.

I’ll get a Lime Green beer whipped up and share on the board.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

TikTok is just mainly GE and his cats dancing to Paula Abdul songs.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:

You can see the Pinterest site without registering: https://www.pinterest.com.au/theghraiders/

Ta.

Are those tik tok vids from a broadcaster or do you take your own short clips?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote:TikTok is just mainly GE and his cats dancing to Paula Abdul songs.
And Nathan Cleary dancing right?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 10, 2022, 10:18 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Ta.

Are those tik tok vids from a broadcaster or do you take your own short clips?

They are our own videos, repackaged mostly from Instagram at present. Only started with TikTok earlier this year, mostly coverage of NSW Cup and Flegg.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Nah. I'm dead serious.

* Why would this post be moderated so it makes zero sense? Just delete it.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on August 10, 2022, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

It’s a Javier reference. Good movie
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Aha. My mistake. As you were. :)

Funnily enough I've actually seen it. Terrible with character names though...
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Lucky it’s his real name then
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I feel like this thread may be drifting off topic
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It’s for the best.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I suggest we suspend GE from the GH for a week for setting up a GH pinterest.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 11, 2022, 12:17 am I suggest we suspend GE from the GH for a week for setting up a GH pinterest.
Go over and tell our 3,000 Pinterest followers.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 11, 2022, 12:17 am I suggest we suspend GE from the GH for a week for setting up a GH pinterest.
Go over and tell our 3,000 Pinterest followers.
Yeah, but half of them are your cats!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Edit

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The biggest loser of Ricky Stuart's punishment will be his ego, says Phil Gould

Rugby league icon Phil Gould said the most onerous part of Ricky Stuart's punishment is the embarrassment, after the Canberra Raiders coach became the first ever club official to be suspended on Tuesday.

"I think it's more embarrassment than anything," he said. "Ricky's staff will look after what happens over the next few days in preparation for the big game. In terms of the coach not being there this weekend, I'm sure the staff will handle it and it won't affect the team too much - it's just an unnecessary headline."

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-phil- ... 8f032fd813
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I honestly think the Raiders should of added a club imposed week ontop of the NRL week ban. Just to show the club is against this kind of behaviour

But no......
Perth Based Raiders Fan
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

So im hearing that ge is a closet tigers and panthers fan but he does do a great job

Toxic at times great reading at times I don't post much but read most days

And this mob when I mentioned how supportive papa, rapa, croke, Jack were with a very ill little girl..where amazing so while it's got its faults I love this place

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk