Brisbane Broncos 2024

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Brisbane Broncos 2024

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane Broncos free agency wrap, big-name departures, rookie class

The Broncos made it back to the NRL grand final in 2023 for the first time in eight years – but it ended in another heartbreaking loss for Brisbane.

BEST 17

1 Reece Walsh
2 Selwyn Cobbo
3 Deine Mariner
4 Kotoni Staggs
5 Jesse Arthars
6 Ezra Mam
7 Adam Reynolds (c)
8 Fletcher Baker
9 Billy Walters
10 Payne Haas
11 Brendan Piakura
12 Jordan Riki
13 Pat Carrigan

14 Tyson Smoothy
15 Kobe Hetherington
16 Xavier Willison
17 Corey Jensen

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... e5dc4a5d4f
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Brisbane Broncos 2024

Post by -PJ- »

Once again I’d like to wish the 2024 Donkeys all the very worst..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Hate to admit it, but that's a damn good side
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Broncos predicted Round 1 team and 2024 overview

Success such as the Broncos' rise to the 2023 grand final often means letting go of several stars, with Herbie Farnworth, Thomas Flegler, Kurt Capewell and Keenan Palasia all heading out the door ahead of the start of the 2024 campaign.

Predicted Round 1 team

1. Reece Walsh
2. Deine Mariner
3. Selwyn Cobbo
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jesse Arthars
6. Ezra Mam
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Billy Walters
10. Fletcher Baker
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Cory Paix
15. Kobe Hetherington
16. Xavier Willison
17. Corey Jensen

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/12/22/act ... -overview/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tevita Pangai Jr plots return to Brisbane Broncos in 2024 following shock NRL retirement

NSW Origin star Tevita Pangai Jr is set for a shock return to the NRL with the boxing convert plotting a Broncos comeback in 2024.

Brisbane has not tabled a deal at this stage, but Pangai Jr has met with key club identities with a view to wearing Broncos colours this season. It is understood Pangai Jr plans to emulate rugby league legend-turned-prize-fighter by juggling the high-level demands of NRL with his ambitions in boxing.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 091b0b9a2b

So walks out on a deal at the Bulldogs, now turns up on a cut price deal with Broncos. Nothing to see here…
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Tevita Pangai Jr plots return to Brisbane Broncos in 2024 following shock NRL retirement

NSW Origin star Tevita Pangai Jr is set for a shock return to the NRL with the boxing convert plotting a Broncos comeback in 2024.

Brisbane has not tabled a deal at this stage, but Pangai Jr has met with key club identities with a view to wearing Broncos colours this season. It is understood Pangai Jr plans to emulate rugby league legend-turned-prize-fighter by juggling the high-level demands of NRL with his ambitions in boxing.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 091b0b9a2b

So walks out on a deal at the Bulldogs, now turns up on a cut price deal with Broncos. Nothing to see here…
Absolute shenanigans from both clubs. Was so obvious even the boofheads at Fox could see it.

‘I’m not buying the fairy tale’: Dogs questioned over TPJ payout that creates $500k advantage: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 446bbbc732

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

"Adam...Pat...stop!": Superstar pair in bust-up after Broncos fan day

Footage has emerged of star Broncos duo Pat Carrigan and Adam Reynolds locked in a push and shove after a night out in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley on Sunday. The altercation took place hours after the club's annual fan day, with players going out for drinks following the event. The vision shows Reynolds pushing Carrigan backwards who has a hold of his halfback's shirt while another man attempts to pull the pair apart.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 91480c4163
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:"Adam...Pat...stop!": Superstar pair in bust-up after Broncos fan day

Footage has emerged of star Broncos duo Pat Carrigan and Adam Reynolds locked in a push and shove after a night out in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley on Sunday. The altercation took place hours after the club's annual fan day, with players going out for drinks following the event. The vision shows Reynolds pushing Carrigan backwards who has a hold of his halfback's shirt while another man attempts to pull the pair apart.

I haven't watched the footage or read the full article, but I've seen enough. The club should be docked 10 premiership points to start the season.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Honestly, those kind of incidents are enough to suggest to me that the broncos won’t be in the big dance again this year

And thank **** for that
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gerg wrote: February 13, 2024, 12:00 am

I haven't watched the footage or read the full article, but I've seen enough. The club should be docked 10 premiership points to start the season.
Fair, reasonable. Maybe a bit of a light touch but those are the times we live in.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gerg wrote: February 13, 2024, 12:00 am

And suspend Reynolds and Carrigan for a year. THROW THE BOOK AT EM, PETE!
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

The Nickman wrote: February 13, 2024, 10:07 am Honestly, those kind of incidents are enough to suggest to me that the broncos won’t be in the big dance again this year

And thank **** for that
Interesting. Do you genuinely believe that?

Wondering if the Albert Kelly Payne Haas incident was last year or 2022.

Idiots. Anyway, I can’t see Reynolds playing more than 50% of games this year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

President Clinton wrote: February 15, 2024, 9:58 am
The Nickman wrote: February 13, 2024, 10:07 am Honestly, those kind of incidents are enough to suggest to me that the broncos won’t be in the big dance again this year

And thank **** for that
Interesting. Do you genuinely believe that?

Wondering if the Albert Kelly Payne Haas incident was last year or 2022.

Idiots. Anyway, I can’t see Reynolds playing more than 50% of games this year.
April 2022. They didn't make the 8 that year.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

2016 all over

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

New vision reveals two more Broncos involved in drunken post-fan day scuffle

Fresh CCTV vision has allegedly shown Broncos stars Reece Walsh and Payne Haas were also involved in a late-night scuffle between Brisbane teammates over the weekend. Senior players Adam Reynolds and Patrick Carrigan fronted the media on Tuesday after footage emerged of the pair in a push and shove after a night out.

Now fresh CCTV footage of the incident run by 9News alleges Walsh and Haas were also involved in the melee and the report claimed “many of the Broncos biggest names were there”.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e249c0769a
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:New vision reveals two more Broncos involved in drunken post-fan day scuffle

Fresh CCTV vision has allegedly shown Broncos stars Reece Walsh and Payne Haas were also involved in a late-night scuffle between Brisbane teammates over the weekend. Senior players Adam Reynolds and Patrick Carrigan fronted the media on Tuesday after footage emerged of the pair in a push and shove after a night out.

Now fresh CCTV footage of the incident run by 9News alleges Walsh and Haas were also involved in the melee and the report claimed “many of the Broncos biggest names were there”.

Reece Walsh? Shock horror!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote: February 15, 2024, 11:18 am
greeneyed wrote:New vision reveals two more Broncos involved in drunken post-fan day scuffle

Haha settle down Scotty... your EDIT is visible from space
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Walsh is easily the most cringe player in the NRL.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: February 15, 2024, 11:18 am

Haha settle down Scotty... your EDIT is visible from space
I'd thank you for not staring.