Raiders player signing speculation 2024

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: Trai Fuller

Post by Finchy »

Karl4321 wrote: May 1, 2024, 3:03 pm Hi guys, long time viewer first time poster. Great forum

I've watched Trai fuller closely over the last two weeks, this guy is an absolute weapon
He is stuck behind the hammer and will be for a long time

Anyone else think he will be a great signing?

Rapana (love the guy) is currently our best fullback and at his age with the injuries, he will be lucky to play out the year.
Chevy does not look ready. His size and speed are a worry. He needs a few seasons in the reggies
Mate all the young or back up fullbacks at other clubs look really good to me. Armstrong, Fuller, Sailor, Gray, Fa’alongo, etc. There’s talent out there if we look.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2024

Post by NoMan »

Fuller is a flash in the pan Reece Robinson type player for mine. Comes in for an injured player, looks pretty good in attack while the opposition don’t know who he is and people get excited. Very rare they turn out long term unless they are young, and he is 27.

Personally I think Weekes should be the back up fullback once Sanders arrives. He is on contract and its his best position.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

We need a hooker, not a fullback.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Can we sign Wayne Bennett
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 3, 2024, 11:28 am Can we sign Wayne Bennett
No. We have Rocky Stewart.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont think Wayne Bennett in 2024 would actually be a substantial, premiership winning upgrade on Ricky Stuart in 2024.
If we were to move off Stuart as HC (which we all know we wont be doing), Bennett would be pretty low on my list of people i want
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

No way Bennett is moving his ancient bones down to chilly Canberra. I'm surprised he'll even leave QLD to be honest, but he needs a job. He'll pick a team he can win a comp with. That ain't us. I know Souths are currently last, but he'll turn them around if he returns there. We don't have the cattle for him to do much with, particularly in the spine.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

We should make a play for Jeral Skelton for 2025
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: May 4, 2024, 2:02 pm We should make a play for Jeral Skelton for 2025
Yes we should. If Cotric reverts back to his earlier season form or Asomua doesn’t kick on we are short. I think we are probably short a back anyway and I think he is a weapon
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote:We should make a play for Jeral Skelton for 2025
An attacking weapon, however I think the knock has always been on his defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Bluesbrother »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: May 4, 2024, 2:02 pm We should make a play for Jeral Skelton for 2025
The fact he hasn't cracked an average Bulldogs side in the last 2 seasons concerns me. I'd rather look at a club with decent outside backs and see what they have. There is a back up centre at the Warriors that I'd be looking at. Very dominant in the win over us in NSW cup semi last year.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Bluesbrother wrote: May 4, 2024, 4:55 pm
The fact he hasn't cracked an average Bulldogs side in the last 2 seasons concerns me. I'd rather look at a club with decent outside backs and see what they have. There is a back up centre at the Warriors that I'd be looking at. Very dominant in the win over us in NSW cup semi last year.
Bulldogs don’t lack backs though. They seriously lack middle forwards and a halfback but their backs are arguably better than ours. Addo Carr and Kiraz are both very good wingers

Leaitua (spelling) might be who you are thinking of. If you wanted to get one last year Kayal Iro would have been good. It might be difficult to get him now.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm a bit excited by Regan Carr in flegg but if we want a 2yr experience Daniel Tupou is off contract

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

bonehead wrote: May 4, 2024, 6:24 pm I'm a bit excited by Regan Carr in flegg but if we want a 2yr experience Daniel Tupou is off contract

Wouldn't mind Tupou. He'd go well with Fogarty's kicking game.
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

For some reason 10+ year Roosters don’t normally have to chase one last contract compared to other players. I’d guess he will retire.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

NoMan wrote: May 4, 2024, 7:35 pm For some reason 10+ year Roosters don’t normally have to chase one last contract compared to other players. I’d guess he will retire.
Haha yes. They do it for the love of it apparently
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

bonehead wrote: May 4, 2024, 6:24 pm I'm a bit excited by Regan Carr in flegg but if we want a 2yr experience Daniel Tupou is off contract

Yeah he seems to be getting some good raps.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Colk wrote: May 4, 2024, 5:35 pm
Bulldogs don’t lack backs though. They seriously lack middle forwards and a halfback but their backs are arguably better than ours. Addo Carr and Kiraz are both very good wingers

Leaitua (spelling) might be who you are thinking of. If you wanted to get one last year Kayal Iro would have been good. It might be difficult to get him now.
Yes, that's the one from the Wahs I was referring to. He'd be worth a look. Seb could end up on the wing if we got a gun centre. I've been disappointed with Seb in the centres this season.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Bluesbrother wrote: May 5, 2024, 1:05 pm
Colk wrote: May 4, 2024, 5:35 pm

Yes, that's the one from the Wahs I was referring to. He'd be worth a look. Seb could end up on the wing if we got a gun centre. I've been disappointed with Seb in the centres this season.
It’s interesting. I think Kris has some positives - his defence is quite good as a centre and he is a big body but sometimes he struggles for involvement as a centre and he doesn’t seem to have the pace to get on the outside of players.

On the surface you would think he would make an ideal winger - he is a big body who is strong in the backfield and he is ok aerially but I know he has struggled there in the past.

Maybe second row might be ideal in the future
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

Apparently it was mentioned on ch9 that David Fifita’s visiting the Panthers and meeting Cleary next week.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Raiders player signing speculation 2024

Post by Colk »

NoMan wrote: May 5, 2024, 5:14 pm Apparently it was mentioned on ch9 that David Fifita’s visiting the Panthers and meeting Cleary next week.
EDIT great. Because you know the best team in the competition needs the most damaging forward in the competition. Hopefully he stays with the Titans
President Clinton
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Colk wrote: May 5, 2024, 5:25 pm
NoMan wrote: May 5, 2024, 5:14 pm Apparently it was mentioned on ch9 that David Fifita’s visiting the Panthers and meeting Cleary next week.
F***** great. Because you know the best team in the competition needs the most damaging forward in the competition. Hopefully he stays with the Titans
They are losing a few more next year.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

President Clinton wrote: May 5, 2024, 5:30 pm
F***** great. Because you know the best team in the competition needs the most damaging forward in the competition. Hopefully he stays with the Titans
I know that but the competition needs a new winner. Also their supporters are the most painful in the competition. Then winning again and again is almost as painful as the Roosters winning
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

Seems a break with their recent strategy. I could see it going wrong for them. I mean they coped fine without Kikau, you could even argue they got better.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

NoMan wrote: May 5, 2024, 5:38 pm Seems a break with their recent strategy. I could see it going wrong for them. I mean they coped fine without Kikau, you could even argue they got better.
Please. They will probably win their sixth or seventh competition in a row by the time he’s finished his contract. The competition is incredibly boring atm and I might have to switch off completely if he goes there.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Colk wrote:
I know that but the competition needs a new winner. Also their supporters are the most painful in the competition. Then winning again and again is almost as painful as the Roosters winning
Their supporters might be a bit painful to put up with, but they’ve still got absolutely nothing on broncos fans.

Hands down the worst supporters in the league, and it’s not even close.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Colk wrote:
Their supporters might be a bit painful to put up with, but they’ve still got absolutely nothing on broncos fans.

Da, da da da, da da da, da da dada da
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Colk wrote:
Colk wrote: May 5, 2024, 5:25 pm F***** great. Because you know the best team in the competition needs the most damaging forward in the competition. Hopefully he stays with the Titans

Da, da da da, da da da, da da dada da
*triggered*
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2024, 6:45 am
Colk wrote:

So true, the sense of entitlement Broncos fans exhibit is obscene. All they've done in the last decade is win a spoon and choke away two GF's from unloseable positions.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I got accosted by two Broncos fans at work last Monday after our dismal turn out against Cronulla. I gently reminded them that the Raiders haven't one the spoon since their inaugural year 42 years ago and enquired if they recall the last time that the Broncos won it.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 6, 2024, 4:10 pm I got accosted by two Broncos fans at work last Monday after our dismal turn out against Cronulla. I gently reminded them that the Raiders haven't one the spoon since their inaugural year 42 years ago and enquired if they recall the last time that the Broncos won it.
Was one of them Billy?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Eels rookie Blaize Talagi a free agent for 2025

Parramatta have a fight on their hands to keep rising star Blaize Talagi with the teenager opting to take himself to the open market. In a major development related to the strength of the Eels future roster, the 19-year-old has failed to trigger an option in his contract for 2025. Eels coach Brad Arthur is a huge fan of the Westfield Sports High talent, who can play fullback, five-eighth and centre.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 1a989622e9
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:Eels rookie Blaize Talagi a free agent for 2025

Parramatta have a fight on their hands to keep rising star Blaize Talagi with the teenager opting to take himself to the open market. In a major development related to the strength of the Eels future roster, the 19-year-old has failed to trigger an option in his contract for 2025. Eels coach Brad Arthur is a huge fan of the Westfield Sports High talent, who can play fullback, five-eighth and centre.

But can he play all three at once?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

greeneyed wrote: May 7, 2024, 7:34 pm Eels rookie Blaize Talagi a free agent for 2025

Where does he fit in for us?
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Damien Cook? Could be on the chopping block at souths. They'll need to move some freight. Could offer a stop gap for us.