2024 NRL Round 8: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2024 NRL Round 8: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

How about that Semi Valemei? Just when you didn’t need a dropped ball…
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Did the Cowboys win, Reptar?
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

julian87 wrote: April 27, 2024, 9:09 pm This game has shown exact why you don’t sign from the big teams. In one half Alamoti (Dogs reject) plays better than Turuva has in his career.
I didn’t watch the game, but Alamoti has had huge wraps on him for a while. Things just didn’t work out for him at the Dogs. Glad to hear he’s going well.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:Did the Cowboys win, Reptar?
No, they did not yesterday. They have won some games in their history. I don’t know if they ever win again.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Rick wrote: April 27, 2024, 6:14 am I jumped over to the One Eyed Eel Forum to see their reaction regarding Sanders debut.

As a result I want to thank the GH Community and the Admin team for running such a great forum. Don’t realise how good the GH is until you see the dumpster fire that is other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes I get very annoyed at some of the moderation on this site, think sometimes it goes well over the top

But man yeah for the most part the guys and girls here do a great job and you only need to go and spy the kennel forum to see how **** it could get without them
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: April 27, 2024, 6:18 pm Don't think I've seen an athlete in the game to date quite like Walsh
His second try where he came back on to the ball straight.. the way he was able to stop on a dime, flip his hips and get straight back to explosive speed was not something you see from RL athletes
He’s breathtaking to watch play. Probably my favourite bronco ever
Which is to say I don’t hate his **** guts like the rest of those pricks :lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Botman wrote: April 28, 2024, 12:28 pm
afgtnk wrote: April 27, 2024, 6:18 pm Don't think I've seen an athlete in the game to date quite like Walsh
His second try where he came back on to the ball straight.. the way he was able to stop on a dime, flip his hips and get straight back to explosive speed was not something you see from RL athletes
Which is to say I don’t hate his **** guts like the rest of those pricks :lol:
He's really something else. We've seen incredible lateral agility before in the game, but he combines it with explosive power and minimal loss in speed when changing direction. Makes his opposite numbers look like they're moving in slow motion at times.

Interesingly, before this season he'd only scored 20 tries from 60 games - meagre for his ability. This year he's already 8 tries in 6. We're probably only just starting to see what he can do.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Poor crowd dolphins vs Knights
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Botman wrote: April 28, 2024, 12:25 pm
Rick wrote: April 27, 2024, 6:14 am I jumped over to the One Eyed Eel Forum to see their reaction regarding Sanders debut.

As a result I want to thank the GH Community and the Admin team for running such a great forum. Don’t realise how good the GH is until you see the dumpster fire that is other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes I get very annoyed at some of the moderation on this site, think sometimes it goes well over the top

But man yeah for the most part the guys and girls here do a great job and you only need to go and spy the kennel forum to see how **** it could get without them
This place would go downhill rapidly and we'd be on par with those places and LU.

I still remember LWOS and how gross that was
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Goal kicking the difference 18 14 Knights over flipper

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Botman wrote:
Which is to say I don’t hate his **** guts like the rest of those pricks Image
Incredible athlete. It's a pity that he comes across as such a flog.