2024 Indigenous Jersey

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

2024 Indigenous Jersey

Post by -TW- »

“Where the Water meets the Land” – Raiders launch 2024 Indigenous Jersey

Canberra Raiders Indigenous stars Sebastian Kris, Xavier Savage, Hohepa Puru and Tommaya Kelly-Sines spent time at the Murrumbidgee River last week to help launch the Raiders 2024 Indigenous jersey.

The theme of this year’s jersey is “Where the water meets the land,” with the jersey designed by Birpai and Worimi woman Kulka Fahey.

Ms Fahey was selected as the artist for this year’s jersey following submissions from a wide variety of Indigenous artists from across Australia, with her concept and design featuring on the jersey in consultation with the club's NRL Indigenous playing group.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2024/04 ... us-jersey/

Order on line: https://www.raidersshop.com.au/2024-men ... 3369.phtml

Looks mint, but chalk up another loss.
Last edited by -TW- on April 29, 2024, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: 2024 Indigenous Jersey

Post by Finchy »

Please no more special jerseys. Have we ever won in an indigenous strip?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Ha..they’re actually standing in the water..

That’ll do me.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Finchy wrote: April 29, 2024, 9:50 am Please no more special jerseys. Have we ever won in an indigenous strip?
It's all a marketing strategy.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Well I think it looks fantastic. Congratulations to the artist, the club and the players that spent time promoting it. I hope the team does it proud when they wear it.
Ben & Sev Love Milk
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana and Josh Papali’i

Post by Ben & Sev Love Milk »

Yeah looks mint , just wish the big red Toyota Folklifts logo could have been incorporated like it was on the alternate jersey.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:
Finchy wrote: April 29, 2024, 9:50 am Please no more special jerseys. Have we ever won in an indigenous strip?
Like Anzac round
Badger17
Ken Nagas

Post by Badger17 »

That jersey is garbage and people shouldn't be afraid to say it.

The navy sleeves and side panels are jarring, they don't flow with the rest of the design at all. I don't care if they're the players totem animals, it's obvious that they were tacked onto the original design and randomly festooning anatomically accurate silhouettes of animals across an indigenous design just makes that stick out. If you must have the animals in there then commission a piece that incorporates them into the original design or include them more subtly, even then having animals like crocodiles and dugongs that have no connection to Canberra or the region on a jersey that's meant to represent this region is just dumb.

The sad thing is that the original piece is pretty cool and well suited to being used on a jersey. Replace the navy with green, jettison the animals, continue the artwork onto the shoulders vertically, and discuss removing red from the design with the artist and it'd be a thing of beauty. Convince Toyota to remove the box around the sponsor and make their wordmark white and it'd be the best Indigenous jersey the Raiders have ever had.

It's been quite a while since the Raiders produced a decent new jersey design, it kind of sucks.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dr Zaius wrote: April 29, 2024, 8:14 pm
dubby wrote:
Like Anzac round
Like all of them.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Last week’s Anzac jersey was hard to see live. It really blended in with the grass.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

BJ wrote:Last week’s Anzac jersey was hard to see live. It really blended in with the grass.
The camo was that good not only did it look like they werent there it acturally made them not there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: April 30, 2024, 7:39 am
dubby wrote:
Like Anzac round
Like all of them.
You're not a fan of ANZAC round, dubs?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2024, 10:18 am
dubby wrote:
Like Anzac round
Like all of them.
This is a classic strawman. :lol:

I am a fan of celebrating women, aboriginals, and ANZACs. But do we need to create a new jersey every time? (look at Souths ANZAC jersey, they looked like NQ).

Just a personal perspective.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, I could do without the Anzac jerseys.

I appreciate the commemorative elements of the pre-game, that's always a highlight of the event, but I don't get the jersey thing. It seems entirely unnecessary to me.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: April 30, 2024, 11:34 am
dubby wrote:
Like Anzac round
Like all of them.

I am a fan of celebrating women, aboriginals, and ANZACs. But do we need to create a new jersey every time? (look at Souths ANZAC jersey, they looked like NQ).

I’d say he clearly trolling you Dubs. Trying to repeat a made up claim about you enough that it becomes fact. Classic bullying behaviour, but most people see through it.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Billy Walker wrote: April 30, 2024, 12:26 pm
dubby wrote: April 30, 2024, 11:34 am
Dr Zaius wrote: April 29, 2024, 8:14 pm Like Anzac round
Like all of them.

I’d say he clearly trolling you Dubs. Trying to repeat a made up claim about you enough that it becomes fact. Classic bullying behaviour, but most people see through it.
Voltaire said that the more stupidity is repeated, the more it gains the appearance of wisdom.

It's a real problem. But, thankfully, I think you are right.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: April 30, 2024, 12:58 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 30, 2024, 12:26 pm I’d say he clearly trolling you Dubs. Trying to repeat a made up claim about you enough that it becomes fact. Classic bullying behaviour, but most people see through it.
Voltaire said that the more stupidity is repeated, the more it gains the appearance of wisdom.

It's a real problem. But, thankfully, I think you are right.
Hahaha the irony of this back and forth right here is not lost on "most people", I'm sure.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Re: ANZAC Jersey, I'd be happy with our normal strip (home or away) with a poppy above the emblem.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dusty wrote: April 30, 2024, 1:42 pm Re: ANZAC Jersey, I'd be happy with our normal strip (home or away) with a poppy above the emblem.

This is kind of where I am at.

Why not just run some print across the jersey, like they do for SOO and when Les McIntyre passed away?